MTD for a party of 16

In the past we have always done early dinner. However, as we have two 7:00 PM departures and the fact that the early seating was full, we have decided to do MTD this cruise. Has anyone had a group this large for MTD and what was your experience? We have 8 adults, 2 young adults, and 6 teenagers. Will it be better two request two tables of eight next to each other or would a table for 16 be available? If we do a table of 16, should we expect a longer wait time for seating? We will be on Freedom.

Thanks for any help/advice.

A table for 16 is not available. The largest you would get is for 12 (reports of a 13th person squeezed in at the end have been mentioned here). You are far better off with two or even three tables, and then change seats each evening. Makes it lively and fun that way!

Have a great cruise. :)

We had a party of 15 for MTD. We were sat at the same table on Allure. We never waited less than 30 minutes despite reservations and service was seriously subpar as they did not allocate extra servers. By the end of the cruise we gave up and dined separate. We had 645 reservations and they couldn't have us out for 10 pm shows.

We had a party of 15 for MTD. We were sat at the same table on Allure. We never waited less than 30 minutes despite reservations and service was seriously subpar as they did not allocate extra servers. By the end of the cruise we gave up and dined separate. We had 645 reservations and they couldn't have us out for 10 pm shows.

I can imagine the waits for that large of group in MTD would be horrendous. We have used MTD for most of our cruises and just observing the service, they have no way of accommodating a group that large. They struggle with groups half that size.

I can imagine the waits for that large of group in MTD would be horrendous. We have used MTD for most of our cruises and just observing the service, they have no way of accommodating a group that large. They struggle with groups half that size.

30 was shortest wait. Most night 45 to 50 minutes. This was with reservations. NEVER had same wait staff. I agree they can not accommodate large groups well. Service was abysmal. Won't do it again in the future

We had nine people for MTD on the Liberty. I made standing reservations for 6:15 or 6: 30 every night (2 of the 9 were children), and we never had to wait. We had the same waiter every night.

I suggest that you have 2 tables of eight and make a reservation for every night.

We had 11 on Vision this summer. The largest table they had in MTD was for 8 but they said they could squeeze a 9th in. We wound up with two tables and had reservations. Never had to wait to be seated. We had reservations for 7:15 each night.

The RCCL policy for MTD is, they will only seat a party of 10 at anytime. Best to do 2 tables as your service may suffer and the service of the other diners. Call 800-398-9819 for reservation assistance with the number of reservations you have.

The RCCL policy for MTD is, they will only seat a party of 10 at anytime. Best to do 2 tables as your service may suffer and the service of the other diners. Call 800-398-9819 for reservation assistance with the number of reservations you have.

How early can we reserve? We have a 3/15/15 sail date.

On our Hawaiian cruise last year on Rhapsody, we had 11 in our group. After we embarked, we went to the dining room and made arrangements. We had the same table with the same waiters every night for 6:30. When we ate in specialty restaurants we informed them so the don't wait for us. We loved our waiter Jackie and assistant waiter Amit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk