Aleut comedy, how strict with age

May2894

Oops adult.. Sorry
As long as you're sitting together as a family and your 16 YO does not look like he or she is 13 or 14, then you should not have any problems at all. Just as a heads up, the adult shows can fill up very quickly and become SRO and at times you will not be able to get in if there is an 1100 show and you stroll up 5 minutes ahead of time and expect to get a seat. With a family of six, I would get there 30 minutes ahead of time. Good luck and enjoy.

Even though they are labeled Adult, there is a parental guidance warning given. But if accompanied by a parent, younger cruisers are allowed in; I've seen tweeners in adult shows. Some pretty raunchy stuff being flung about, but a 16 year is probably going to have heard it all before or worse. A 10 year old, maybe not.

In addition to what SNJCruisers said, my advice would be DO NOT sit near the front! Many comedians pick on younger audience members sitting up front.

Just off a cruise on Freedom. Every night there was a very strong message given before the show that under-18 was not allowed. Does this mean that a 16 year old with family will be stopped? No one was at the door checking age. Depending on your family's dynamic, being in the same room for this style of comedy may cause both ends of the age spectrum to be embarrassed and uncomfortable while together. It could be very awkward.

Besides the age warning, there was also a strong warning that even adults might be offended by content. I found the shows quite funny. If there with my son when he was 16 or with my mother while she was alive, I would have felt awkward.

The best way to view this to make your decision is to ask yourself if you would sit in your living room with your 16-year-old and watch a VERY sexually explicit and profanity-laced movie. Because that's what it will be like at the comedy show.

Our friends brought in there 16 year old son a couple years ago on the Dream. No one stopped us or asked about it. He is quite tall and doesn't look 16 but we had no issues.

I guess that it all depends on how you want to raise your kids.

They will let you in but be aware that if the comedian thinks your child is too young he may make jokes that are even more "adult" than normal and may use your child as the butt of some jokes to make the point that underage younguns don't belong in an adult only venue.

I saw this happen with a mom and her 2 younger children who were at the adult show.

I normally don't care a bit about what others do as far as the rules, but in this particular case I've seen firsthand how ridiculously packed the club gets. This is one in which "rule breaking" directly affects other passengers. Because of this, I don't think a minor should be taking up a seat that an adult could use at the adult comedy time. Consider having him stand in the back.

As long as your son doesnt act underage, he will be fine.

As others have mentioned, the content ias VERY adult, but no worse than any 16 year old has heard from friends in school. (or older siblings) So as long as you are comfortable being in that setting with your son, go for it.

As long as your son doesnt act underage, he will be fine.

As others have mentioned, the content ias VERY adult, but no worse than any 16 year old has heard from friends in school. (or older siblings) So as long as you are comfortable being in that setting with your son, go for it.

Agreed

They are your children and only you can decide what you are comfortable with them hearing. Likely if they are old enough that you are comfortable with them being there, then they have probably heard it all anyways. But as far as Carnival goes, I have never seen then worry about the ages of the people in the Adult shows. But I have seen the comedians make mention to the people in the crowds as part of their act. So you can expect that it may get brought up if your child is obviously under 18.

Just off a cruise on Freedom. Every night there was a very strong message given before the show that under-18 was not allowed. Does this mean that a 16 year old with family will be stopped? No one was at the door checking age. Depending on your family's dynamic, being in the same room for this style of comedy may cause both ends of the age spectrum to be embarrassed and uncomfortable while together. It could be very awkward.

Besides the age warning, there was also a strong warning that even adults might be offended by content. I found the shows quite funny. If there with my son when he was 16 or with my mother while she was alive, I would have felt awkward.

The best way to view this to make your decision is to ask yourself if you would sit in your living room with your 16-year-old and watch a VERY sexually explicit and profanity-laced movie. Because that's what it will be like at the comedy show.

I think this is really good advice. We were also on Freedom last week and went into the SRO crowd to hear the male comedian. We had been to the family friendly show earlier in the week and enjoyed it. We don't like a lot of vulgar humor and after the first ten minutes or so, we left. Content was okay, but I don't really need to hear the F word literally every other word. We just feel it takes away from what could be funny.

Depending on your family's dynamic, being in the same room for this style of comedy may cause both ends of the age spectrum to be embarrassed and uncomfortable while together. It could be very awkward.

I’m in my 40’s and I don’t want to go to the Adults-Only comedy show with my parents!