Warning- ParkNCruise at Canaveral

Sports Dr

ParkNCruise at port everglades has changed its routine. You may not enter until 10:45 am.

This was a complete disaster. In the past, we pulled in around 10ish, hopped the shuttle and were in the terminal by 10:30. This past weekend, we sat in our vehicle for 45 minutes waiting, even though there was nothing going on at the lot. We got to the port around 11:30, the same time as a large number of buses and shuttles were arriving. It was so crowded that the priority line was merged with the regular line. Did not get to the WJ until

around 12:15. that is 2 hours from the time we arrived at Parkncruise. Until they go back to the way they used to do it, we WILL NOT use ParknCruise again.

ParkNCruise at port everglades has changed its routine. You may not enter until 10:45 am.

This was a complete disaster. In the past, we pulled in around 10ish, hopped the shuttle and were in the terminal by 10:30. This past weekend, we sat in our vehicle for 45 minutes waiting, even though there was nothing going on at the lot. We got to the port around 11:30, the same time as a large number of buses and shuttles were arriving. It was so crowded that the priority line was merged with the regular line. Did not get to the WJ until

around 12:15. that is 2 hours from the time we arrived at Parkncruise. Until they go back to the way they used to do it, we WILL NOT use ParknCruise again.

Port Everglades has Parkngo. I am assuming you are talking about Port Canaveral and ParknCruise.

Yes, we had the same thing on our EX cruise earlier this month. Got there about 10 am and had to sit in a long line of cars on the road waiting to get in. I found the manager, and showed him my prepaid receipt that did not show the 10:45 opening. He did tell me it was on the website, but I never saw it either. It may be in the fine print, so I told him if it was there, it was not obvious or I would have seen it. I suggested he print that rule in large letters on the receipt. He said he will look into doing that, thought it was a good idea, and thanked me for the helpful and creative suggestion instead of complaining nastily to him.

Otherwise we had really good service for half of what they charge at the port terminal parking. We will use them again (in fact using them on Monday) but will know now not to arrive before 10:45.

Shuttle service to the ships starts at 11am

SHUTTLE SERVICE:

•ALL SHUTTLES ARE FREE- UP TO 6 PASSENGERS PER VEHICLE

• Additional people are $5 per person

•PICK UP FROM THE CRUISE SHIP BEGINS AT 7:00AM

•TRANSPORT TO THE CRUISE SHIP BEGINS AT 11:00AM

•LAST SHUTTLE TO THE CRUISE SHIP LEAVES PROMPTLY AT 3:00PM

•OUR FLEET CONSISTS OF 7 SHUTTLE BUSES

Shuttle service to the ships starts at 11am

SHUTTLE SERVICE:

•ALL SHUTTLES ARE FREE- UP TO 6 PASSENGERS PER VEHICLE

• Additional people are $5 per person

•PICK UP FROM THE CRUISE SHIP BEGINS AT 7:00AM

•TRANSPORT TO THE CRUISE SHIP BEGINS AT 11:00AM

•LAST SHUTTLE TO THE CRUISE SHIP LEAVES PROMPTLY AT 3:00PM

•OUR FLEET CONSISTS OF 7 SHUTTLE BUSES

Yup, I saw that too when I pulled it up just a little bit ago. You actually have to go into

another page on the website, rather than the opening page. Though they really should list it as

"Cannot enter complex until 10:45". The way this is listed, it sounds like you wait in the building

for a shuttle to leave at 11 am. You actually wait in your car along the street until almost 11 am.

Saw many possible collisions as people were turning around to join the line along the side of the

street and not watching oncoming traffic. Dangerous.

Edited by island lady

Well this is sounding like a nightmare:mad:

I used ParkNCruise last year and it was very smooth. Driving over from Tampa I'll have to re-think what time I should arrive even though I selected I want to be on the 11:00 AM shuttle. When you finally were able to enter was it a nightmare with everyone unloading their luggage and trying to get on the shuttle? How was the crowd controlled? May have to think about an alternative.

As the OP, I meant port canaveral. Never had a problem with them in years past,

until this past weekend. It is not near the Radisson

This facility was previously owned by the Triple A taxi company. They were forced to split

off, sold the facility just recently to the new current owners, and Triple A had to change their taxi name to Triple 8.

We have used ParkNCruise for years and been very happy with their service. However, if they are going to delay us until after 11, and then we get stuck in a long check in line, we will have to rethink using them in the future. :(

Well this is sounding like a nightmare:mad:

I used ParkNCruise last year and it was very smooth. Driving over from Tampa I'll have to re-think what time I should arrive even though I selected I want to be on the 11:00 AM shuttle. When you finally were able to enter was it a nightmare with everyone unloading their luggage and trying to get on the shuttle? How was the crowd controlled? May have to think about an alternative.

No, as the line of cars were finally allowed in, you wait in your car until they come up to

the window and give you a valet tag for your keys. You then leave your car, grab your luggage and

proceed to the main building for check in. Once checked in, you line up for the shuttle inside the

building for transfer to the terminal.

Edited by island lady

No, as the line of cars were finally allowed in, you wait in your car until they come up to

the window and give you a valet tag for your keys. You then leave your car, grab your luggage and

proceed to the main building for check in. Once checked in, you line up for the shuttle inside the

building for transfer to the terminal.

Thank you. It was just so easy last year, I'm wondering if I should look into somewhere else.

Thank you. It was just so easy last year, I'm wondering if I should look into somewhere else.

It was actually quite easy for us, but now I know not to arrive early. Will get to the

ship much later than our usual, but at least I won't have as long to wait for our cabin

to open. ;)

Shame to hear of this. They used to have such good prompt service. But that's what happens when ownership changes. I wonder if they were getting complaints from the cruise lines or port authorities about dropping folks off early. I know that Comfort Inn and Suites and Radisson's shuttles no longer head out early. I assume if you're staying at one of these places you can grab a taxi earlier if you like. Cost isn't that much.

Shame to hear of this. They used to have such good prompt service. But that's what happens when ownership changes. I wonder if they were getting complaints from the cruise lines or port authorities about dropping folks off early. I know that Comfort Inn and Suites and Radisson's shuttles no longer head out early. I assume if you're staying at one of these places you can grab a taxi earlier if you like. Cost isn't that much.

We stayed at the Radisson in September and again 3 weeks ago and both times we were put on a shuttle at 10:15. However both times once we entered the terminal lot we sat in a line of cars and it took us almost 30 min before we could park and get off the shuttle!

We have sailed out of Canaveral many times and have never seen traffic such a mess! Not sure what changed???

Am I not understanding something or was the post worded wrong?

"All shuttles are free - up to 6 passengers"

"Additional people are $5 a person"

So if you get on as a couple and you are the 7th and 8th person, you pay $5 each, but the 6 people who got in the van just ahead of you ride free?

Am I not understanding something or was the post worded wrong?

"All shuttles are free - up to 6 passengers"

"Additional people are $5 a person"

So if you get on as a couple and you are the 7th and 8th person, you pay $5 each, but the 6 people who got in the van just ahead of you ride free?

No .... if you park a van with 10 folks inside . . . so the answer in that case would be to drop off the 9 folks first and ONE goes to park the van and ride the shuttle.

and btw, Park Port Canaveral (the main competition and the parking associated with Radisson) has a change too. They now have two facilities . . .

the second is next to Ron Jon ... a lil bit down the road ... hence a longer shuttle ride.

I find this interesting now in that I posted this info a few months ago and was basically called a liar by posters. We had used Park n Cruise for a couple of years and never had a problem. In September we went on Liberty and pulled up to park about 9:330 as we had previously. We were third in line and cars came in behind us and we were stuck in line until almost 10:30. We weren't able to leave as there was no way for us to get out of line because of where we were and the way cars were parked.

I walked to the terminal and was told they didn't start the shuttle until 10:30 and there was a sign saying their restroom was out of order. What a mess! At about 10:15 they allowed us to move forward to remove our luggage. They took our keys, which had never been done before. They park your car and the cars are parked within 6 inches of each other on the sides and almost bumper to bumper front and back.

We were then herded into the terminal to be loaded on the shuttle. Within a few minutes we left the parking area and then when we got to the port we waited, and waited, and waited as there were three lines of traffic to go through the toll area and after that only one vehicle at a time were allowed to leave the line and head for the cruise ships.

Almost everyone on our shuttle was either Platinum or FTTF. It took us so long to get to the check in area for Liberty that when we got up for boarding they were already on zone 29. I felt really sorry for the FTTF people as they certainly didn't get early boarding.

When we got back to the port, the employees got the cars for people but ours was the last in a three row area so we could load our own luggage and move out. I didn't notice it until we got home that they evidently scraped the truck next to us when they were parking our SUV as it had white paint on the fender both front and back and it was a white truck they parked next to us.

Never again would we park with that facility. I won't park somewhere that we need to leave the keys. Our SUV is new and I just don't like the idea of having someone else park the car. I'd park at either the parking lot across from the Ramada or at the port when we sail from Pt Canaveral again.

I find this interesting now in that I posted this info a few months ago and was basically called a liar by posters. We had used Park n Cruise for a couple of years and never had a problem. In September we went on Liberty and pulled up to park about 9:330 as we had previously. We were third in line and cars came in behind us and we were stuck in line until almost 10:30. We weren't able to leave as there was no way for us to get out of line because of where we were and the way cars were parked.

I walked to the terminal and was told they didn't start the shuttle until 10:30 and there was a sign saying their restroom was out of order. What a mess! At about 10:15 they allowed us to move forward to remove our luggage. They took our keys, which had never been done before. They park your car and the cars are parked within 6 inches of each other on the sides and almost bumper to bumper front and back.

We were then herded into the terminal to be loaded on the shuttle. Within a few minutes we left the parking area and then when we got to the port we waited, and waited, and waited as there were three lines of traffic to go through the toll area and after that only one vehicle at a time were allowed to leave the line and head for the cruise ships.

Almost everyone on our shuttle was either Platinum or FTTF. It took us so long to get to the check in area for Liberty that when we got up for boarding they were already on zone 29. I felt really sorry for the FTTF people as they certainly didn't get early boarding.

When we got back to the port, the employees got the cars for people but ours was the last in a three row area so we could load our own luggage and move out. I didn't notice it until we got home that they evidently scraped the truck next to us when they were parking our SUV as it had white paint on the fender both front and back and it was a white truck they parked next to us.

Never again would we park with that facility. I won't park somewhere that we need to leave the keys. Our SUV is new and I just don't like the idea of having someone else park the car. I'd park at either the parking lot across from the Ramada or at the port when we sail from Pt Canaveral again.

Your post is quite confusing. Are you talking about Ft. Lauderdale and ParknGo? Liberty does not sail out of Port Canaveral and there are no three lines of tolls to get into Port Canaveral. And what is an FTTF?

This thread is about Park n Cruise at the Banana River exit off of 528 before you get to Port Canaveral. Freedom and Enchantment sail year round out of Port Canaveral, and right now the Explorer is doing a seasonal sailing. Liberty does not embark here. There is no Ramada near the port here. Did you mean Radisson and their port parking service?

Your post is quite confusing. Are you talking about Ft. Lauderdale and ParknGo? Liberty does not sail out of Port Canaveral and there are no three lines of tolls to get into Port Canaveral. And what is an FTTF?

This thread is about Park n Cruise at the Banana River exit off of 528 before you get to Port Canaveral. Freedom and Enchantment sail year round out of Port Canaveral, and right now the Explorer is doing a seasonal sailing. Liberty does not embark here. There is no Ramada near the port here. Did you mean Radisson and their port parking service?

I'm sorry to have confused you. I am talking about the Park n Cruise that is close to Pt Canaveral. Carnival Liberty most certainly sails from Pt Canaveral. Liberty sails from Pt Canaveral until she moves to San Juan in the spring. Freedom does not sail from Pt Canaveral

I typed the wrong name of the hotel, sorry, I meant Radisson parking is where I would park if not parking at the port itself.

Sounds like the last couple of posters are getting their Liberty's and Freedom's confused, lol. Easy to do since both Carnival and Royal Caribbean have ships with the same names.

Does anyone have any experience in the last couple of days to know if things have gotten better? I was planning on using Park N Cruise for our cruise on Jan 4, but don't want to get caught in a mess. My primary concern is getting off the ship as quickly as possible since we are planning on going to Sea World when we return on Jan 9. Can anyone who has used them recently provide information on how soon and often they pick up on the return? The site says 7:00 AM, but is that accurate?

I'm sorry to have confused you. I am talking about the Park n Cruise that is close to Pt Canaveral. Carnival Liberty most certainly sails from Pt Canaveral. Liberty sails from Pt Canaveral until she moves to San Juan in the spring. Freedom does not sail from Pt Canaveral

I typed the wrong name of the hotel, sorry, I meant Radisson parking is where I would park if not parking at the port itself.

Ahh...since thread originated in the Royal Caribbean section on a Royal Caribbean thread, naturally most would have assumed you meant Royal's Liberty of the Seas which sails from Ft. Lauderdale. Royal's Freedom of the Seas indeed sails year round from Port Canaveral and has done so for years. Looks like the mods moved this thread to the Florida departure ports section. :eek:

Edited by island lady