Sliding Door Stopper

leinhto

I do hope you will reconsider keeping the balcony open as that may have an effect on the other balconies served by the same AC as your cabin. Also, if there is a lot of humidity in the air, your cabin will become very humid which may make you feel uncomfortable.

The balconies are meant to be closed for a reason and I think many don't realize what they are doing to others having them left open. I just say I hope someone next to me doesn't make my AC not cool my room because they leave the door open/ajar.

Will be in an OV with Balcony on BOS next month. Any suggestions on how to keep the sliding door ajar? Last time it kept sliding open and shut as the ship moved. We'd like to keep it open during the night.

SOP for all lines is that is an EXTREMELY Crappy idea.

between wind tunnel effect and the fact that the a/c system is tied to the position( it will NOT function while the door is ajar) they really prefer that you do not ever do this.

Hadn't considered that. Isn't each cabin A/C independently controlled? I would hate to have to coordinate the use of my balcony with my fellow cruisers. That sounds a bit much.

use, no. however it IS tied to the electronics involved and multiple cabins can be effected.

Im sure there is someone that has taken a photo of the sticker on the sliding door:cool::rolleyes:

Yes, I have seen it posted as well as on the door. Keeping the door closed will not interfere with one's use of their balcony - just consider your neighbors.

I do hope you will reconsider keeping the balcony open as that may have an effect on the other balconies served by the same AC as your cabin. Also, if there is a lot of humidity in the air, your cabin will become very humid which may make you feel uncomfortable.

The balconies are meant to be closed for a reason and I think many don't realize what they are doing to others having them left open. I just say I hope someone next to me doesn't make my AC not cool my room because they leave the door open/ajar.

Since the AC goes off when the door is open, it certainly has no affect on other cabins.

I think the op is well aware it will get warm

While you can adjust your own cabin temp, within reason, if your cabin gets too humid from having the door ajar, other neighbors cabins ac won't work properly. The doors on this ship don't affect the AC...it will run when the slider is open.

Edited by cb at sea

While you can adjust your own cabin temp, within reason, if your cabin gets too humid from having the door ajar, other neighbors cabins ac won't work properly. The doors on this ship don't affect the AC...it will run when the slider is open.

not on any of the ships I've been on in a long time

Since the AC goes off when the door is open, it certainly has no affect on other cabins.

I think the op is well aware it will get warm

not on any of the ships I've been on in a long time

Not really helpful if you haven´t been on Brilliance or Radiance class ships in a Long time. :rolleyes:

Fact is, on Radiance class ships and the OP has been asking about Brilliance, the A/C does not shut off when the balcony door is open. The A/C will try to work against any hot air coming in to the Point not working properly in the cabin and the neighbouring cabins.

A/C issues aside, balcony doors should be closed for fire safety reasons. The fire on the Star Princess spread over the balconies, and while those balcony doors are not fire proof, they will slow down spreading inside and getting smoke inside. Those signs on the door to Keep the doors closed are there for a reason.