What to do in San Juan at night - in port 3:00pm - 11:00pm

brianmyers2

For whatever reason our ship is in San Juan between 3:00pm - 11:00pm on Friday 2/6/15. Seems like a really odd time to be in port and I was wondering if anyone can suggest something to do. I assume the only thing really to do is walk around the port area and hit a few of the bars? I've been to this port a few times before and never felt unsafe but I'm not sure I really want to be wandering around San Juan at night.

I saw this posted a few post down and copied over here for you. That is weird to be in port at night like that but I would check to see how late the fort is open to.

It depends on what time your ship arrives and departs. San Juan has a beautiful historical old section with blue cobblestone streets. It is fun just to walk around the narrow streets and poke in and out of stores. There are also two amazing forts that can be visited and are part of the National Parks system.

If visiting at night, there is the biobay tour. Check the moon cycles before you book as it needs to be dark.

our ship the Eurodam, says it will be in port from 1:00 to 11:00 and I know back in 2005 when I went there with my sister, we did the Bacardi Run tour, and then we felt nervous being in town as it got darker. Wondering what DH and can do in the evening after the Bacardi tour?

I live here and Old San Juan is a wonderful city to stroll around at night. It's a very family-friendly destination with a wide variety of restaurants and shops. The forts are open until 6:00PM and if you have a National Park Pass, bring it - you can use it at the two forts.

Just use common sense like traveling to any other city and you'll be fine. At night, my favorite walks are down the Paseo la Princesa and Bahia Urbana - there always seems to be something going on at these two locations. Enjoy!

We're just off RCCL's Freedom. Because of the propulsion problems, we spent 3-7 pm in San Juan. No time to do anything. What a waste of time. And it was Christmas Eve so shops were closing early. Not my favorite port.

For whatever reason our ship is in San Juan between 3:00pm - 11:00pm on Friday 2/6/15. Seems like a really odd time to be in port and I was wondering if anyone can suggest something to do. I assume the only thing really to do is walk around the port area and hit a few of the bars? I've been to this port a few times before and never felt unsafe but I'm not sure I really want to be wandering around San Juan at night.

Have dinner at Marmalade, which now has a taster menu with/without wine, followed by cocktails. Then a cab back to ship:)

• 6 months later...
I'll be there in July from 3-11 pm and is looking for ideas as well. We've never been to this port before!

Hello Ruby70!!!!! We will be in San Juan too! What shall we do?? Wait, we will be with you! Lol

Tracey :):):):)

Cruiser from Maine, Our ship isn't supposed to dock until 3:00pm, and the last tour of the day with Flavors of San Juan is actually at 3:00pm. Do you think there's any way we can make it?

I just emailed them the same question. We are on ship time so it may be different than local time.:confused:

The ships all seem to come in later than three. Spoon food tours has later times.