Do You Want Celebrity To Bring Back the A Cappella Groups?

AnchorsAweigh2011

I really enjoyed them..........sometimes......& would love to see them onboard again.

Surely it's best if there is a wide range of musical genres to suit every taste.

I'm sure we're not alone in that, it depends on our mood...........sometimes a classical strings group, other times jazz..............right over to music to dance to (and I don't mean ball-room, but not rap). Each one has its place..........and we enjoy them all.

So, yes, I'd love to see them back..................

Surely it's best if there is a wide range of musical genres to suit every taste.

I agree with that 100%. Even if it's something that doesn't interest me, I'm all for having a wide range of entertainment choices. It would be extremely boring if the entertainment choices came down to a house band playing some sort of rock music in one bar, a solo guitarist playing some other rock tunes in another bar, or some DJ spinning rock tunes in a 3rd bar (and I'm a fan of most rock music)....

I agree with that 100%. Even if it's something that doesn't interest me, I'm all for having a wide range of entertainment choices. It would be extremely boring if the entertainment choices came down to a house band playing some sort of rock music in one bar, a solo guitarist playing some other rock tunes in another bar, or some DJ spinning rock tunes in a 3rd bar (and I'm a fan of most rock music)....

Variety is the spice of life. I agree with happygran and Paterson3 that we need more variety to suit every musical taste.

• 3 weeks later...
My wife and I have enjoyed listening to an a cappella group entertain us on our past cruises. We felt it added a touch of class and ambiance to our cruise. Do you want Celebrity to bring back the a cappella groups on their ships?

Absolutely, yes!

Don't care. If there and I come across them, I will listen for a bit, then move on. If they aren't there, I don't miss them. I certainly don't equate these groups to "class". They are just another form of entertainment, and one that gets boring pretty quickly.

I love the acapella groups! My favorite was Cat's Pajamas from a cruise many years ago. (I still follow them on facebook). As a early-mid 30's person, I am part of the demographic X is trying to increase. All of my friends like acapella groups, so it is a definite yes to bring them back!

I vote NO. They are boring and have so little variety in their songs. I asked a group on the Millennium a couple of years back to sing a Flying Pickets classic and they didn't know of it. Some use they were.

Just got off the Eclipse. The piped in music is horrific! It is in the lounges, especially the Martini Bar, adult pool area and other public venues when live music is not available. Talk about a hammer to your head!! While I did enjoy the Accpella groups, and do not want to hijack this subject- why doesn't the ship stop that horrible piped in music.

Just got off the Eclipse. The piped in music is horrific! It is in the lounges, especially the Martini Bar, adult pool area and other public venues when live music is not available. Talk about a hammer to your head!! While I did enjoy the Accpella groups, and do not want to hijack this subject- why doesn't the ship stop that horrible piped in music.

We really enjoyed the Accapella group on one of our past Celebrtity cruises. And we missed them on the next cruise. We noticed they were gone and it disappointed us. DH and I vote to bring them back- great music sung by extremely talented singers. They always drew a crowd that enjoyed their talent.

I already voted and commented once, but wanted to jump in again. To me the issue is not necessarily that I need/want that type of group to be brought back again. The issue is that they were removed but not replaced with anyone else. The lack of live music options was very noticeable on our last Celebrity cruise (Summit). DH and I commented on it virtually every day. Almost impossible to find a place to sit and listen to live music before dinner while enjoying a pre-dinner cocktail unless you timed it to coincide with the shorter-than-the-past pre-MDR dining times in Rendezvous. We would look at the daily and shake our heads in dismay that we couldn't find any venue at all with live music. Canned music is ok, but I can get that in an elevator!! I have always considered having nice, live music both pre and post-dining a significant part of 'modern luxury'. The string quartets in the dining room some nights was a very good example of this. Some may like canned music, but it does not equal 'luxury' by anyone's definition.