OBC to upgrade drink package?

vedettes1

Haven't tried it but was told I could. You have to wait til your on board though which means they'll put a sticker on your card instead of having it imprinted with a prepurchase. I don't like the sticker since I tend to take my card in the water.

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app

Haven't tried it but was told I could. You have to wait til your on board though which means they'll put a sticker on your card instead of having it imprinted with a prepurchase. I don't like the sticker since I tend to take my card in the water.

True, but I would not hesitate to upgrade on board if I wanted to use my OBC. You could have them print you a new card. Also I suspect that you really do not need the sticker to get the benefits of the package, but it would be a pain to keep asking to have the charges removed when they charged you bipuy mistake. I would think it is computerized/automated.

• 4 weeks later...
We have done it on each of our last two cruises. You can do it at the beverage package table just as you enter the ship, or at one of the bars. No problem...easy.

Do you know of there's any limit on the number of package upgrades available? Also, do you have to upgrade the first day or can you do it for a pro-rated amount later in the cruise?

You can upgrade at the special table (set up during some days) or simply ask any bartender or barwaiter to do the upgrade. The cost simply goes onto your onboard account and if you have any OBCs...they would be applied. You do not even need to upgrade the first day and might want to try the Classic Package for a couple of days and then upgrade (the cost is prorated) to Premium if you still feel the need. There are no limits on the number of upgrades sold aboard, and X would love if everyone on the ship upgraded since their profit margin is enhanced.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I was told that if you go to guest services they will print you a new card with the upgrade included in the magnetic information on it.

I have a question - does anyone know if the person selling you the upgrade gets any kind of "credit" for selling it to you?

We will be onboard the Equinox in 10 days and have been told our favorite Molecular Bartender (Jelena) is on board. If she'll get any credit from us upgrading with her we'll wait till we see her, if not we'll just do it when we board.

Anyone know?

Yes, it's very easy to upgrade. I have even upgraded at Cafe al Baccio. I can't tell you if the bartender gets credit for processing the upgrade, but I wouldn't be surprised. I say this simply because I've never seen any sign of reluctance or attitude from anyone I've ever asked to help me with this.

OP - you will see the upgrade charge on your account as soon as it's processed, but don't panic. It takes a few days for OBC to post to your account, so don't be concerned. I just wanted to mention this so you don't waste any precious vacation time standing in line at Customer Relations. On my last cruise, travel agent OBC showed up on day 2, but Celebrity OBC didn't show until the third day. Again, just relax and enjoy. As long as your credits post to your account before the final day, don't be concerned!

While recently on the Equinox, we were very encouraged by any and all of the bar tenders we encountered to upgrade during the first day or so of our cruise, which made me believe that they would receive the gratuity. We ended up upgrading part way through with one of the Café Bacio guys we liked, but he sure didn't seem to get excited, so I'm not sure now. Guess you could just ask when you first get onboard. We had previously always upgraded before sailing but wanted to use OBC, not sure what to do in a couple of weeks on the Eclipse as we have even more OBC this sailing, but I'm certainly not complaining about that! Cheers!

We have done it on each of our last two cruises. You can do it at the beverage package table just as you enter the ship, or at one of the bars. No problem...easy.

Beware of upgrading in port as we were charged a local tax when they upgraded our package at one of the bars before we left. Our friends who bought their package from the man at the door didn't get charged the tax. I think it was because he wrote it all down on paper and ran the charges later after we were at sea, while I and another friend upgraded ours at the bar and were charged the tax. We did get it taken off but not until I mentioned it on my mid cruise comment card. When I went to guest relations they originally told me there was nothing they could do. My issue is that they did not make us aware that we would be charged the tax, not that it was charged.

I was told that if you go to guest services they will print you a new card with the upgrade included in the magnetic information on it.

I have a question - does anyone know if the person selling you the upgrade gets any kind of "credit" for selling it to you?

We will be onboard the Equinox in 10 days and have been told our favorite Molecular Bartender (Jelena) is on board. If she'll get any credit from us upgrading with her we'll wait till we see her, if not we'll just do it when we board.

Anyone know?

We loved Jelena at the Molecular bar. She does a great job.

Beware of upgrading in port as we were charged a local tax when they upgraded our package at one of the bars before we left. Our friends who bought their package from the man at the door didn't get charged the tax. I think it was because he wrote it all down on paper and ran the charges later after we were at sea, while I and another friend upgraded ours at the bar and were charged the tax. We did get it taken off but not until I mentioned it on my mid cruise comment card. When I went to guest relations they originally told me there was nothing they could do. My issue is that they did not make us aware that we would be charged the tax, not that it was charged.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked that exact question and was told no tax.

So we'll just drink our "under $9" drinks until we're safely away from port.

And we'll wait till the Molecular Bar is open and let Jelena do it.

Oh, how we have to suffer. :p ;) LOL

Edited by chamima

You can upgrade at the special table (set up during some days) or simply ask any bartender or barwaiter to do the upgrade. The cost simply goes onto your onboard account and if you have any OBCs...they would be applied. You do not even need to upgrade the first day and might want to try the Classic Package for a couple of days and then upgrade (the cost is prorated) to Premium if you still feel the need. There are no limits on the number of upgrades sold aboard, and X would love if everyone on the ship upgraded since their profit margin is enhanced.

Hank

Thanks for the helpful information! Sounds easy enough. I think I will try classic for a day or two first, and then make a decision.

Good tip. Will wait until the ship is out to sea to be safe.

That is the best way to upgrade. The sticker doesn't mean anything. With or without a drink pack they still scan your card and when they do that it shows that you you have a drink pack. I had the card with the classic and the card was printed showing that I had a drink pack. A few days into the cruise the printing on card started to wear off because of sunscreen lotion and you couldn't see that I had a drink pack. Never had a problem getting drink or being charged for one.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞