Nicest Cruise Ship, looking from the outside.

Moltar

Call me nuts but of the current RCI ships I think the Majesty is the best looking design. Really like the rear of that ship with the wedding cake style open decks and the high up circular VCL. Has a sharp side profile too. Rest of the ships all look like a hotel on its side on top of a hull to me.

If we're talking purely RCI ships, then yes, Radiance class has my vote also; they have an elegant, classy look.

Overall, however, nothing I have ever seen afloat (w/the exception of some killer private and corporate yachts) can beat any of the Disney ships. They all have the unbeatable look of a very old-school classy ocean liner.

Agree!

One vote for the Freedom Class. They still have great lines and look like a yacht despite being so large. Lately the new ships (not just RCI) look like floating Soviet-era apartment buildings.

Second vote for Freedom Class. Also hate the Quantum design. Oasis class comes in second for me, although I didn't care for the ship.

Tom

If we're talking purely RCI ships, then yes, Radiance class has my vote also; they have an elegant, classy look.

Overall, however, nothing I have ever seen afloat (w/the exception of some killer private and corporate yachts) can beat any of the Disney ships. They all have the unbeatable look of a very old-school classy ocean liner.

Have to agree 100%. Between the colors and profile Disney's ships rule the seas.

Call me nuts but of the current RCI ships I think the Majesty is the best looking design. Really like the rear of that ship with the wedding cake style open decks and the high up circular VCL. Has a sharp side profile too. Rest of the ships all look like a hotel on its side on top of a hull to me.

But you have to look past the rust and that awful rock wall

First time I saw a picture of Oasis looking at the rear from an angle, I thought it looked more like a big hotel on a barge than a cruise ship.

I agree, the view from the rear is not the best look for Oasis class.

But you have to look past the rust and that awful rock wall

I was looking so hard to find a pre Rockwall photo to post. It really does throw a wrench in things. Lil bit o paint is in order for this month's dry dock I hope [emoji106]

I was looking so hard to find a pre Rockwall photo to post. It really does throw a wrench in things. Lil bit o paint is in order for this month's dry dock I hope [emoji106]

I'm sure Paulette can come up with one. :o

I have to add my two cents and go Radiance class from a distance. This class was my 1st (Jewel), and my favorite.

But as another poster said I would like to duck and say close up - Quantum is the most beautiful. She has an impressive silhouette, and the whimsical pink bear and North Star are quite impressive. I duck when offering Quantum accolades, as there seems to be a lot of anti-Quantum sentiment on these threads. I was on two of the inaugural runs, and loved this ship immensely!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

majesty is getting dry docked??? I thought she was gone for good soon.

majesty is getting dry docked??? I thought she was gone for good soon.

I believe Majesty goes in 2016. She still is required to have the periodic 5 year dry dock.

Edited by clarea

:confused:

That big plexiglass tube just screams elegance. :o

I know what Oceansea means though. We were docked next to a Disney ship in Falmouth on our last cruise, and watched it sail away. Excluding the plexiglass tube, if you look at the body of the ship, the one that was docked next to us had the look of an elegant liner from another era. You could tell it had been very well maintained. That said, I think compared to other cruise lines while docked in port, RC ships stand out as some of the nicest looking. I have yet to see a Quantum ship in person, and I'll be sailing on my first Radiance class ship next week. :)

I still think the Radiance Class looks the best out of all the classes. They look like Yachts to me. The Quantum reminds me of a NCL design, which I hate. What is your favorite class of ship based solely on the exterior look?

Oh, easy. Celebrity Reflection. Not RCI, I know, but still nicest looking ship out there.

Celebrity-Reflection.jpg

Edited by nbsjcruiser