Events with free drinks?

There are several options, especially if you're Diamond or above or in a suite. An officer's reception. The Diamond and/or Concierge lounge. OH and there is usually champagne at the art auctions (or at least I guess so... haven't even walked by one in years).

A liquor tasting/sampling at the sale tables by the shops.

There are several options, especially if you're Diamond or above or in a suite. An officer's reception. The Diamond and/or Concierge lounge. OH and there is usually champagne at the art auctions (or at least I guess so... haven't even walked by one in years).

A liquor tasting/sampling at the sale tables by the shops.

Ah, yes, the art auction. Never been to one of those.

I'm just an Emerald in a balcony cabin, so Diamond/Concierge lounge aren't an option. Just wondering what's available because a friend who's never been on a cruise asked me--and I can't remember which are C&A events and which are "regular" ones.

The official ones and some ships do one sailaway on the bow for the upper tier level C&A (We got invited on Jewel as Emerald)

Sounds nice, we've never been invited to one of the sailaway versions.

On all the previous cruises I recall, the art auctions or other art-related receptions that served champagne did so without restriction (on Adventure they even had chocolate-dipped strawberries, too!).

Most recently, on Explorer in November 2014, you had to sign up with the art company and get a bid packet that included a ticket for champagne. No thanks! Definitely not worth it for the cheap sparkling wine (and suspect "art").

The officer's reception (open to all), the C&A (which your friend can join you at if you are C&A), and I think there is a Plat and above reception as well are put on by the ship. I believe on 7 day+ sailings they are considered separate events. (Can someone that's cruised more recently verify this?)

Of course, the shop tastings and the art auctions!

Weeee!

DG

The officer's reception (open to all), the C&A (which your friend can join you at if you are C&A), and I think there is a Plat and above reception as well are put on by the ship. I believe on 7 day+ sailings they are considered separate events. (Can someone that's cruised more recently verify this?)

Of course, the shop tastings and the art auctions!

Weeee!

DG

Can vary with ship, but there are usually two repeater's parties on cruises of 7 days or longer, one of which is for Platinum and above.

Edited by clarea