MS Eurodam & MS Nieuw Amsterdam Sail-Away January 11, 2015

aliaschief

Join us today to watch two Dam Signature Class ships sail with Dam happy cruisers.

Parade is scheduled to start at 4:00 Pm.

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Copper will be hosting Sail Away from Jan 17-24 so have patience with reminder post as I don't expect him to get up at 4:00 AM California time to post the reminder.:)

Thanks again Copper.

Join us today to watch two Dam Signature Class ships sail with Dam happy cruisers.

Parade is scheduled to start at 4:00 Pm.

http://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com

Copper will be hosting Sail Away from Jan 17-24 so have patience with reminder post as I don't expect him to get up at 4:00 AM California time to post the reminder.:)

Thanks again Copper.

I am sure he will do a fine job in your absence. I see six ships in port today. Two Royal Caribbean ships, One Celebrity ship, the Royal Princess and of course the Nieuw Amsterdam and the Eurodam. I see they have switched places today.

A lovely couple I know are sailing on the Nw AMSTERDAM on the 25th sailing. I keep telling them that they must watch at Lauderdale Webcam... every Sunday. Lots of fun to see the weekly HAL parade. Always much more beautiful than the 'others'.

As a 'purist' I like the horns i in the very simple 3 long blasts.... and even better if repeated. Those three blasts are such a real regal parade of HAL ships. The ships are more elegant. Don't you agree?

Can't wait to have VEENDAM again in Bermuda this summer. Friday departure and sit on Albuoy's dock and watch VEENDAMsailing....with the horns.... always 'traditional' and replies by the tugs.

Have fun this afternoon!

Stephen

Good morning, it looks like a grey, cloudy day in Ft. Lauderdale today; hopefully we will see sunshine for sail-away!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

In our part of NW FL, on our border roads they are removing Sunshine State to Cloudy State! We have not had many sunny days this month.:(

Morning Chief, just got off Eurodam. Sitting at FLL waiting for flight back to the frozen north. Don't think I will be home in time to watch her leave. Had a great week with beautiful weather .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Angelcat, welcome back. We had trouble picking you out of the crowd when you left so I don't have any screenshots. Hopefully someone else did...

Ready for today's SailAway...

A lovely couple I know are sailing on the Nw AMSTERDAM on the 25th sailing. I keep telling them that they must watch at Lauderdale Webcam... every Sunday. Lots of fun to see the weekly HAL parade. Always much more beautiful than the 'others'.

As a 'purist' I like the horns i in the very simple 3 long blasts.... and even better if repeated. Those three blasts are such a real regal parade of HAL ships. The ships are more elegant. Don't you agree?

Can't wait to have VEENDAM again in Bermuda this summer. Friday departure and sit on Albuoy's dock and watch VEENDAMsailing....with the horns.... always 'traditional' and replies by the tugs.

Have fun this afternoon!

Stephen

I agree with you Stephen 100%. Fondly recall docking downtown many years ago on an NCL cruise from LA to NYC. Such a beautiful pristine place. Sure glad we got to dock down town. We even got to see a tall ship training vessel that was docked with us sail away in the early morning under sail. Quite a site. My husband was invited on board and received a tot of rum. That made him very happy. We also met a very funny guy that the Cruise Director called Dickie. He owned a nice sweater shop on the street right in front of where we docked. He was able to visit and came to the bar 3 sheets to the winds and all at 10:30 in the morning and offered everyone a 20% discount.