Live from Quantum Jan 11th and Loving it!!!!

Today is day 2 on our southern Caribbean cruise. Check-in was easy and once they started to board we were on quickly. Having taking the Oasis 3 times in a year and the Allure once my husband and I couldn't wait to try this beautiful new ship.

We are in a beautiful D3 balcony room on deck 13 forward under the solarium and have a wonderful cabin attendant, Alexander.

We have free wi-fi for this cruise that was announced at the mustard drill which our station was in the theater.

This ship is awesome!!! The crew is awesome!!!!

Last night we ate at the Grande since you can eat there on the first night in smart casual clothing. Lobster was delicious as well as the cocktail prawns.

More in a few minutes.....

Today is day 2 on our southern Caribbean cruise. Check-in was easy and once they started to board we were on quickly. Having taking the Oasis 3 times in a year and the Allure once my husband and I couldn't wait to try this beautiful new ship.

We are in a beautiful D3 balcony room on deck 13 forward under the solarium and have a wonderful cabin attendant, Alexander.

We have free wi-fi for this cruise that was announced at the mustard drill which our station was in the theater.

This ship is awesome!!! The crew is awesome!!!!

Last night we ate at the Grande since you can eat there on the first night in smart casual clothing. Lobster was delicious as well as the cocktail prawns.

More in a few minutes.....

Looking forward to this thread. Great happy tone . . . .

It's midday and the ship left cold Cape Liberty behind and we are currently just a bit south of the Carolinas which the temps are starting to get warmer.....suppose to be a high of 68 today.

This ship has an indoor pool and a outdoor pool that is separate from the forward solarium.

For those of you familiar with the Oasis class ships, this ship has the same cruise compass with things to do and dining options at the elevators. It is also on the TV. The elevators actually feel smoother than the Oasis class and also has the day of the week on the floor. In each elevator there is a funny artwork such as a pink flamingo in high heel shoes.

The Captain just announced our current position as well as the conditions of the weather and the seas and he said he hopes we are enjoying our free wi-fi which I am:)

I read so many complaints about this ship from previous cruisers that complained about all of the glitches on this ship that does of course put doubt in your mind if your trip is going to be bad. I see some glitches such as I don't see our reservation for tonight's dinner at Chic and see several days of multiple reservations for same dinner time and/or different times but I choose not to let this bother me as I am sure we will be accommodated since it printed out right from my cruise docs or if not there are plenty of options to eat and I know we won't go hungry.

I also read complaints about the narrow balcony cabin. While I didn't bring my tape measure to measure the width, to us it feels like a larger cabin from the Oasis class since across from the sofa is the desk and chest of drawers with the refrigerator and the width is big enough for two and a half people to pass by each other. The electrical plugs are right there above the desk that has a cubby hole on each side as well as a ledge on top with a lighted mirror.

The bathroom is larger than the Oasis class and the sink is a rectangle basin making it more useful than the Oasis class. There is no steamy mirrors when you get out of the wonderful hot shower that has a removable wand, a place to put your foot to shave your legs, two hooks for wash cloths and a shelf for your shampoo etc. They provide shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in small bottles.

Outside of the bathroom is a closet that has a high hanging rack and lower hanging rack with 2 storage caddies mounted on the inside door. The other closet is located past the sofa next to the bed which contains hanging rack for clothes and shelves and the safe. There is also 2 bed stands with storage and a large storage cubby above each bed that is within reach for a short person like me.

The TV is across from the bed and has a magazine rack type storage that is the length of the TV.

The balcony is way larger than what I expected and with our cabin you can see straight down into the seas.

On our deck is the lower floor of the solarium and it's a short walk out to get a wide view and to go on the wing span of the bridge.

So far I have not found anything I don't like but I will keep posting thanks to the Captain:)

Edited by CrusinAgain
Typo

We also are on this sailing. First may I say I am a very happy cruiser having free wifi. We are in a jr. Spa suite. Having 2 bathrooms will be spoiling us for future cruises. We did take advantage of the pay one get 1/2 off the second passenger and booked our next one already before the end of cruise rush. This ship is amazing!!! We had lunch in the icon grill and it was delicious. No waiting we were sat immediately. I cannot say enough about the staff they are wonderful

If you have any questions I will try to answer them.

I hope they gave out hot dogs, too. :)

Seriously, really glad you are having a great cruise, thanks for taking the time to post (even if the wi-fi is free). Hope it just keeps getting better and better!

I was wondering if you're using the in-cabin fridge.

If so, is the temperature suitable to your needs?

Have fun!

The refrigerator is cold with a LED light. We keep our ice bucket in there and barely any water in the bucket. Best refrigerator we had yet.

Thanks for posting!!! Hope you have a great cruise! She is an awesome, beautiful ship!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes,please keep posting...very good information. We are sailing on March 21. Sounds like things are getting better on the ship.

Tonight we saw Momma Mia which was as good as it was on Broadway. All meals today were excellent. American Icon for lunch and Coastal Grill for dinner. all our reservations were made before hand and we have not waited on any line yet. In fact I have not seen any lines outside of the restaurants. Dinner both nights have taking about 1 hour. We were expecting

A long line for the bumper cars but it was only about a 10 minute wait.

In fact I have not seen any lines outside of the restaurants. Dinner both nights have taking about 1 hour. We were expecting

A long line for the bumper cars but it was only about a 10 minute wait.

Awesome to hear you're having a great time!

Could you please find out how many cruisers are on board?

Has anyone onboard been able to confirm that Devinly Decadent is in fact now no charge for dinner?

The compass says they charge for dinner but free for breakfast and lunch. I will try to find out for you for sure. Even the Sunshine bar there is a "healthy" bar. This is located in the solarium.

Edited by CrusinAgain