guarantee interior

pick4player

hello i got a quote from a pvp for interior guarantee room . He said he would put me on the 7 deck instead of deck 6 riviera so i can have a room above and below me to cushion out the noise and give us a room in center of boat to minimize sea sick if we happen do get sick ,and have a prime location, we are 2 first time cruisers, im wondering if we will get 2 beds side by side that can turn into a queen or will we get a bunk bed type deal . we prefer the 2 beds pushed together as it will be a honeymoon cruise . Thanks for input

I just booked an interior guarantee on Carnival Sunshine and my PVP told me we would have 2 twins that convert to a king, not the upper/lower arrangement. Once I get my cabin assignment I can go in and modify the bed arrangement into a king.

I hope you get a good assignment, and enjoy your cruise! You will love it. :)

talked to pvp said interior guaranteed room would be on empress level 7 and a cat 4f twin beds that turn to king and if i get ocean view it would be lower deck 1 or 2 cat 6c twin bed also . any one have input what would be better ?

I am confused. You said you were booked in a inside guarantee but that your PVP said he would book you on deck 7. If you are booked in a guarantee Carnival will assign your room based on what is available. Your PVP can not assign your room. Also Riviera is deck level 1. It is the lowest deck for passenger staterooms. No need to worry about the beds. You can change them online to a queen/king rather than twin. My concern is that you not be disappointed with your stateroom location. Perhaps a call might be in order to clarify.

I am confused. You said you were booked in a inside guarantee but that your PVP said he would book you on deck 7. If you are booked in a guarantee Carnival will assign your room based on what is available. Your PVP can not assign your room. Also Riviera is deck level 1. It is the lowest deck for passenger staterooms. No need to worry about the beds. You can change them online to a queen/king rather than twin. My concern is that you not be disappointed with your stateroom location. Perhaps a call might be in order to clarify.

hi there just talked to pvp he said guaranteed rooms are randomly handed out closer to trip but he will override and set me up in a interior guaranteed twin bed on deck 7 empress a class 4f room mid ship. maybe its a honeymoon perk i let him know we are first time cruisers on our honeymoon and flying in from l.a to mia to take this cruise .thank you guys for input and help

talked to pvp said interior guaranteed room would be on empress level 7 and a cat 4f twin beds that turn to king and if i get ocean view it would be lower deck 1 or 2 cat 6c twin bed also . any one have input what would be better ?

This is correct, you have a minimum of a 4f with the possibility of a free upgrade to a oceanview cabin on deck one or two. I have had OV cabins on the two lower decks and they were great plus they are larger then the insides.

This is correct, you have a minimum of a 4f with the possibility of a free upgrade to a oceanview cabin on deck one or two. I have had OV cabins on the two lower decks and they were great plus they are larger then the insides.

So when you book an IS Guar you can request a minimum? I would be fine with that, I just was afraid we would get like a 4a. I like being higher on the ship..

Thanks..

The cruise line assigns the guaranteed room and the travel agent may make a request, but don't count on it happening.

With a guarantee, you can end up in the worst room on the ship because if there are empty cabins on board, the full fare passengers will be upgraded and the guaranteed category passengers assigned their cabins.

The cabin assign may also be changed and you may only find out about the change at check in.

Bottom line: If the above scenarios don't worry you, book the guarantee cabin. Otherwise, pay the price for the cabin you want.

As someone who has been cruising for close to 40 years, I have experienced the above on occasions when I have booked guaranteed cabins.

We have a gtd. interior on the Breeze and sail in less than 30 days. Am I being overly optimistic to think, the longer we wait for an assignment, the better our room will be?

You are being overly optimistic. If there are empty cabins, the cruiseline may be busily upgrading the full price passengers to empty out the lowest price (least desirable) cabins to reassign to guaranteed passengers.

Your honeymoon is too important to risk getting a cabin you don't want. If you are already paying to fly from LA for this cruise, spring a few extra bucks to pick out your cabin location on a map of the ship. I would suggest, for your honeymoon, to at least get an oceanview. No need to worry about "twin beds", ALL cabins on carnival with twins can be pushed together by the stewards to make king/queen size beds.

I think there is a misunderstanding or someone is pulling your leg. Booking a GTY is like playing the lottery. It is a discounted fare that guarantees you will get a room equal to the lowest category in that class but you may be upgraded at no charge based on availability. There are many who get very nice upgrades but most get just what is guaranteed, a 4A for insides. You can't book a GTY and be assuredly placed in a more prime location cabin.

Edited by ray98

this is not a guarantee as he is giving you a cabin.

This gives you no chance of an upgrade.

but deck 7 is the most sought after deck.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day. Take an alarm clock to get up in the morning or you will sleep a lot of your cruise away

do not book an ocean view or inside cabin that is located UNDER the galley. These will be very noisy

We booked a 6C ocean view cabin. It cost, I think $30.00 more than the base OV. On the Black Friday sale we opted to go with an OV guarantee as it saved us over$300.00. I thought we would be guaranteed a 6C at least, and as that is the highest ov category, I hoped we might get a balcony. Ami correct in my assumption? Thx

We booked a 6C ocean view cabin. It cost, I think $30.00 more than the base OV. On the Black Friday sale we opted to go with an OV guarantee as it saved us over$300.00. I thought we would be guaranteed a 6C at least, and as that is the highest ov category, I hoped we might get a balcony. Ami correct in my assumption? Thx

When you opted to go into the OV GUARANTEE, you are guaranteed at least the LOWEST OV category which is a 6A, I believe. Is that correct?

No - you are guaranteed to get any ocean view cabin, could be 6A, 6B, or 6C.

I would say your chances of getting assigned a balcony are slim to none, unless you decide to pay to upgrade.

On the plus side, you saved $300!

When you opted to go into the OV GUARANTEE, you are guaranteed at least the LOWEST OV category which is a 6A, I believe. Is that correct?

Yes - I agree with you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was expecting your answers as I gave our situation more thought. While we booked a OV6c we only paid for a generic ov. Makes sense. Perhaps you know the answer to the next level of question. We booked April of 2014...almost a year out. We originally booked 6c as noted. Whentheystart to assign ov gty cabins is there any "list" ie do those who purchased gty earlier get the better cabins than someone who buys it today? As well we are cross referenced a a second cabinwhichdid the same changes. Will they trytokeep us somewhat close to each other? Picking your brains.....thx.

I was expecting your answers as I gave our situation more thought. While we booked a OV6c we only paid for a generic ov. Makes sense. Perhaps you know the answer to the next level of question. We booked April of 2014...almost a year out. We originally booked 6c as noted. Whentheystart to assign ov gty cabins is there any "list" ie do those who purchased gty earlier get the better cabins than someone who buys it today? As well we are cross referenced a a second cabinwhichdid the same changes. Will they trytokeep us somewhat close to each other? Picking your brains.....thx.

It is a mystery as to how cabins are assigned. No one truly knows. I am waiting on a guarantee assignment myself, so I know how you feel. I booked a few days ago during the 24 hour sale, and that was the term of the sale, a guarantee. I cruise in 43 days. I am HOPING they notice I am Platinum and put me in a decent location(meaning not over the show lounge or kitchen), but, I am not holding my breath,lol. When you book a guarantee you must realize and be willing to accept the worst room location on the ship because it is a possibility. Good luck to both of us.

Good luck to us both indeed! And, that 300.00 will help dull any pain I am sure.

Now just relax and know whatever the outcome...a cruise, is a cruise, is a cruise. We have never had a bad one. Some,better than others,but always better than not going at all!

Good luck to us both indeed! And, that 300.00 will help dull any pain I am sure.

Now just relax and know whatever the outcome...a cruise, is a cruise, is a cruise. We have never had a bad one. Some,better than others,but always better than not going at all!

I agree! To save $300 I would have done the same thing as you did. You are correct, there is no bad cruise, lol.