What balcony cabins on Caribbean Princess?

DonRobertoSanJuan

I am looking to book a cruise on Caribbean Princess, but as usual the cabin information is vague. What are the better (larger) balcony cabins? Also, in some cabins the beds cannot be put together to make a queen bed. Anyone have experience with those cabins? We appreciate any information.:)

I am looking to book a cruise on Caribbean Princess, but as usual the cabin information is vague. What are the better (larger) balcony cabins? Also, in some cabins the beds cannot be put together to make a queen bed. Anyone have experience with those cabins? We appreciate any information.:)

All port & starboard facing balcony category cabins on deck 10, Caribe deck have balconies that are 9'x9' half covered and half uncovered. On other decks almost all side facing balcony cat. cabins have balconies that are 9'x5'. To find out which cabins are twin only go to the Princess Website. Bring up the deck plans under Learn About Cruising/Deck Plans. Click on a cabin(s) you are interested in. If there is anything special like twin beds only, it will come up as a special note. Note: Princess always has an option to upgrade you to a higher cat. after booking. Some upgrades could be from the large balcony to a smaller balcony cabin.

If you want more room inside a cabin, then Emerald and Dolphin deck mini-suites are perfect. Dolphin deck mini-suite balconies are totally open to sun, with no cover.

We book Caribe deck balconies, which have a normal amount of room inside of the cabin, but have a larger balcony with both covered and open area.

For a good price, try looking in the aft section - we normally get a cabin midships from the aft elevators.

As others have mentioned, the Caribe deck cabins have bigger balconies. As for the cabins themselves, they are all the same size unless and until you move up to a Mini Suite. And with the new (somewhat) category of Deluxe Balcony being assigned to Caribe deck cabins, it really doesn't cost much more to move up to a Mini Suite. With that move you get more cabin space, a sofa and sitting area, a bathtub, a second TV, but also get an uncovered balcony in 90% of the Minis. Some like the open air balconies, some don't mind them, and some refuse to book them.

My favorites on Caribbean, Ruby, Emerald, and Crown:

1. Emerald deck mini-suites in the aft (6 on port and 6 on starboard).

2. Any Caribe deck balcony cabin

All other balconies are fine, just not my favorites. The least desirable cabins (to me) are Lido deck balcony cabins forward of the grill/pizza/bar area. You'll hear dragging of deck chairs in many of them.

Giving away my secret--but the absolutely best balcony cabin is on the caribe-C742! Getting ready to enjoy it again for the 3rd time in less than a year. It is aft at the very back, right before the aft suites. The room size is normal but it has a slightly larger, partially covered balcony. The elevators are just steps away which take you directly up to the buffet and the aft pool and bar and down to deck 7 which walk directly to the forward part of the ship past Explorers and to my favorite Crooners.

Whatever cabin you choose, you are on a ship! Life is Good!

• 2 weeks later...

There is deluxe balcony cabins which are a little bigger and the balcony is a little larger also. I just found out yesterday that depending on what balcony cat you pick and location that you would be charged more $. We haven't cruised on Princess for awhile but we were surprised by that. Example: If you picked a room on the Aloha deck mid ship the price went up. Just FYI

I agree with the recommendations on Caribe balconies. They are great -- extra large and half open/half covered. We also love the aft balconies, but now they charge a higher price since they are considered 'deluxe', and not simply 'balcony'. We currently have 2 cruises booked on the Caribbean Princess, and were able to get a fully covered mini suite on Emerald deck for less than the deluxe balcony price, so we went with that.

The only balcony cabin I would advise against would be the mini suites on Dolphin deck. They are completely open and have no privacy.

My favorites on Caribbean, Ruby, Emerald, and Crown:

1. Emerald deck mini-suites in the aft (6 on port and 6 on starboard).

2. Any Caribe deck balcony cabin

All other balconies are fine, just not my favorites. The least desirable cabins (to me) are Lido deck balcony cabins forward of the grill/pizza/bar area. You'll hear dragging of deck chairs in many of them.

It's not a problem being above Club Fusion on the Emerald deck? Just curious.

I can't speak specifically to the Caribbean Princess, but we've been above that venue on the Golden Princess in a mini suite. We heard a bit of bass thumping in the evening, but nothing that lasted too long or kept us awake. I would book it again with no worries.

Fortunately, no...not in my 2 experiences in those minis. I was leery about it, but no noise. The ones on the starboard side are farthest away from the dance floor and speakers, but either side has been fine. The balconies are fully covered as well.

Fortunately, no...not in my 2 experiences in those minis. I was leery about it, but no noise. The ones on the starboard side are farthest away from the dance floor and speakers, but either side has been fine. The balconies are fully covered as well.

Thank you for your reply, Brent.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked for the aloha deck, cabin a738. Can anyone tell me if the balcony has glass sides ( whereby you can sit down and look through the glass at the ocean) . We had booked a balcony in the forward during our last sailing on this ship and the balcony had steel sides, had to be standing to see the view. Thanks

Essentially all balcony cabins are the same size inside. The same is true for mini-suites. The difference is the balcony size with the Caribe balconies being larger. The only larger balcony cabins are the accessible cabins which are 50% larger to allow for wheelchair use inside.

There are balcony cabins that can accommodate 3 or 4 persons with beds that pull down from above and or a rollaway. In this configuration Princess wants the lower beds in the twin configuration to allow access to the upper bunks. For instance, A410 allows queen configuration for two passengers but twin only for 3 or 4 passengers.

The last aft mini-suite cabins on either side of Dolphin deck were designed to be accessible cabins but the doors were too narrow. The beds are twins on either side with a walkway from the bathroom to the sitting area and there are no night stands. There is a ledge in the wall to hold items. Those cabins have an accessible shower on the bath rather than the standard mini-suite tub. On the plus side they have a huge balcony and an aft view.

Edited by IECalCruiser