Old shampoo etc

pathi

We have some old Princess eucalyptus shampoo that I found in a drawer a couple weeks ago - from at least 2 years ago. It doesn't last. Don't buy it on ebay!

I tried to use it (desperately wishing I was onboard, not freezing here! ) and it smelled more like petroleum than eucalyptus! :eek:

We have some old Princess eucalyptus shampoo that I found in a drawer a couple weeks ago - from at least 2 years ago. It doesn't last. Don't buy it on ebay!

I tried to use it (desperately wishing I was onboard, not freezing here! ) and it smelled more like petroleum than eucalyptus! :eek:

LOL. Good to know. I always have and will continue to bring my own shampoo, but it's good to share that info.

When I have to travel for work I stay at Holiday Inn Express (they are always willing to give me the state rate) and I'm quite happy with their shampoo and conditioner. Those products also work well for my wife so I tend to snag the bottles from the hotel and we use them when camping and when cruising. The bottles are small enough to pass TSA in an airport as well.

I'm allergic to most perfumes and the stuff from HIE isn't overpowering or nasty and doesn't cause me any problems. There's nothing quite like spending your entire day with a horrible headache due to not being able to get the smell of some stupid shampoo out of your hair.

Neither of us likes the new "pump" stuff Princess is providing. We've never liked it in hotels when we've encountered it either.

What do you get with Elite?

I don't get anything different then anyone else does. :confused:

Elites are supposed to get the bathroom amenities that suites get--separate tubes of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash as well as an emory board, Q-tips and cotton balls, shower cap, eye gel mask, linen spray, and luffa scrubby mitt. Sometimes the items vary. On our back-to-back cruises, for instance, we had to switch cabins. Our first cabin steward did not give us any conditioner. I still had some from our hotel stay.

Elites are supposed to get the bathroom amenities that suites get--separate tubes of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash as well as an emory board, Q-tips and cotton balls, shower cap, eye gel mask, linen spray, and luffa scrubby mitt. Sometimes the items vary. On our back-to-back cruises, for instance, we had to switch cabins. Our first cabin steward did not give us any conditioner. I still had some from our hotel stay.

No separate shampoo or conditioner or body wash any more.

the shampoo and conditioner you get is the same crap thats mounted onto the wall, just in an individual sized bottle :(

Our first 7 cruises were in Mini Suites and you got the Lotus Spa Eucalyptus shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.

Cruise #8 We were in a balcony and I experienced for the first time what everyone was talking about mounted to the wall... not only is it horrible, you need to pump like 27 times to get any reasonable amount to wash with (I figured out how to un-mount it and squeeze it directly out of the bottle to get an acceptable amount to shower with)

Cruise #11 was back in a mini suite and left to the wall mount, very sad, but I thought they had just cut back for the mini suites :(

Cruise #10 was in a full suite and I was excited for the SUITE bathroom amenities.. everything was perfect except for the bottles of shampoo/body wash which was the blue gunk from the rest of the ship, just in TSA size bottles :( utter sadness

The good stuff is gone