Not a good start

ConnCruise

We're on the next sailing of the Silhouette, and my email, text and cell have each received messages telling me when to show up next Sunday.

Hahahahahah!

Seriously funny use of technology. Hope they aren't paying a lot for this!

here's what we got

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on January 25, 2015, onboard Celebrity Silhouette. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks. 12:00 to 12:30 PM = Deck 10; 12:30 to 1:00 PM = Deck 9; 1:00 to 1:30 PM = Deck 12 & Deck 6; 1:30 to 2:00 PM = Deck 8; 2:00 to 2:30 PM = Deck 7; 2:30 to 3:00 PM = Deck 11 & Deck 3. We invite our Suites and Zenith guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Silhouette

Edited by ConnCruise

We're on the next sailing of the Silhouette, and my email, text and cell have each received messages telling me when to show up next Sunday.

Hahahahahah!

Seriously crappy use of technology. Hope they aren't paying a lot for this!

here's what we got

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on January 25, 2015, onboard Celebrity Silhouette. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks. 12:00 to 12:30 PM = Deck 10; 12:30 to 1:00 PM = Deck 9; 1:00 to 1:30 PM = Deck 12 & Deck 6; 1:30 to 2:00 PM = Deck 8; 2:00 to 2:30 PM = Deck 7; 2:30 to 3:00 PM = Deck 11 & Deck 3. We invite our Suites and Zenith guests to arrive anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Silhouette

Just ignore it -- that's what we did. ;)

Over the years ships have got bigger, and ports have got busier.

If staggering boarding (like they do for disembarking) makes the process easier for those working at the port and ferrying people about in taxis, as well as making it a less crowded, frantic experience for those who are boarding, I really can't see a problem.

How many threads have there been complaining of boarding wait times with nowhere to sit? Tonnes, since I have been reading these boards.

This may be one cruise lines attempt to aleviate this statistical problem by requesting staggered boarding. I don't think I am special, so I would board at the requested time, no matter when I arrived at the port city.

JMHO

Cheers, h.

We went when we normally do. We had to be out of our hotel by 11 so what were we going to do. No problem getting onboard. These time things would be fine for people who have a car or live close by but really don't work for people flying in that day or staying in hotels.

As to staying onboard longer, there were plenty of luggage left in earlier numbers when we disembarked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe the most stupid thing ever. X acts as if every passenger lives near the embarkation port. Stupid, Stupid, stupid.

Maybe X should say, "if convenient please show up between---".

OTOH, this seems to fit right in with " customer service" in the US these days.

Maybe the most stupid thing ever. X acts as if every passenger lives near the embarkation port. Stupid, Stupid, stupid.

Maybe X should say, "if convenient please show up between---".

OTOH, this seems to fit right in with " customer service" in the US these days.

Yeah, exactly what I felt. Not well thought out.

Really Odd.

Thanks

We went when we normally do. We had to be out of our hotel by 11 so what were we going to do. No problem getting onboard. These time things would be fine for people who have a car or live close by but really don't work for people flying in that day or staying in hotels.

As to staying onboard longer, there were plenty of luggage left in earlier numbers when we disembarked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree it's not always convenient but it's a method of sending a message to regulate.

Worst case scenario as a next step is to hold passengers in blue chairs in the cruise terminal pre-cruise until their designated time if they chose to.

It's happened and it makes the not in cabin until 1 pm an easy go of it.

Over the years ships have got bigger, and ports have got busier.

If staggering boarding (like they do for disembarking) makes the process easier for those working at the port and ferrying people about in taxis, as well as making it a less crowded, frantic experience for those who are boarding, I really can't see a problem.

How many threads have there been complaining of boarding wait times with nowhere to sit? Tonnes, since I have been reading these boards.

This may be one cruise lines attempt to aleviate this statistical problem by requesting staggered boarding. I don't think I am special, so I would board at the requested time, no matter when I arrived at the port city.

JMHO

Cheers, h.

Heather

We sailed on the Eclipse in Nov. Our boarding time was noon as we were in AQ. We arrived at noon and checked in and so did anyone else that arrived at that time. The lines weren't very long and check in was rather fast. We were directed to go up the escalators. At the top we got into another short line and we seen a large holding area packed with people and many were standing and some sitting on the floor as all the seats were taken. The people in front of us in line were directed to that area. When we got to the guard he checked our sea passes and papers and told us to board the ship. We walked on and to our surprise were told that the cabins were open.

There is a difference between check in and boarding. Don't know when those in the holding area were allowed to board and don't care as we showed up when requested.

It may be different for your cruise but that was how it was for us. As always you have the right attitude and good things happen to good people as you got that nice upgrade last time even though you may have been disappointed by not being next to the Passport bar. 🍹

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Since the majority of CC posters on this topic claim to be ignoring it, get ready for the Airline Response: you must pay for early boarding!

Or just practice a tad bit of condersideration for someone else. But alas that is not the way some that feel they have a higher status than others approach life. Step on any and all as long as they are first in line. Sad commentary. Oh well.

If they do that, I'll go all inclusive in Mexico. IMHO, if I need to check out of a hotel, I do it. Maybe the FL locals check in last?

Mexico is nice. St Thomas and St Maarten are nicer. Especially when I have a choice and check in is still check in.

See ya.

My issue with this is we normally go to the ship at around 10:30, I'm fine with standing in line or waiting to board but we like being on as soon as possible and getting to the pool and enjoying our first day. If you are on before noon, it is actually a lot of day to enjoy. Really the first day is counted in your total days, on the last day they want you out of your room by 8 and usually off the ship around 9, there is no time to enjoy that day at all. If they now want me to board after 2 that takes away at least a couple of hours (if not more by the time you get processed and on, etc.) of enjoying my first day on the ship!

My issue with this is we normally go to the ship at around 10:30, I'm fine with standing in line or waiting to board but we like being on as soon as possible and getting to the pool and enjoying our first day. If you are on before noon, it is actually a lot of day to enjoy. Really the first day is counted in your total days, on the last day they want you out of your room by 8 and usually off the ship around 9, there is no time to enjoy that day at all. If they now want me to board after 2 that takes away at least a couple of hours (if not more by the time you get processed and on, etc.) of enjoying my first day on the ship!

Agree