Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Many thanks -- that's very helpful.

I wish they were selling these cabins on lower decks, but 12 seems to be the only one available for our booking. The overhang looks pretty dreadful, but maybe I'm just looking on pictures that exaggerate it a little bit.

First time cruiser on MSC. Will be going on the MSC Divina this Dec. I have cabin 10216, wanted to know if you have any pictures of this time of cabin especially the balcony size and view from balcony. Just want to see if this is a good cabin or if I should change cabins. Any help will be appreciated.

First time cruiser on MSC. Will be going on the MSC Divina this Dec. I have cabin 10216, wanted to know if you have any pictures of this time of cabin especially the balcony size and view from balcony. Just want to see if this is a good cabin or if I should change cabins. Any help will be appreciated.

Here is what the balcony looks like; it is 74 sq. ft.

(cf. 42 sq. ft. for a standard balcony)

second%20from%20hunp.jpg

It will have a field of view like the one in red in the image below, basically the view backward is limited by the hump wall

fields%20of%20view.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank you for your quick response. I have another question, I was looking at deck 13, cabin 13128 would that be in a better position or is there a big overhang from deck 14 or noise from above that I should consider. I believe the balcony is smaller maybe the standard 42 sq. ft but is the location better.

Thank you for all your help.

Thank you for your quick response. I have another question, I was looking at deck 13, cabin 13128 would that be in a better position or is there a big overhang from deck 14 or noise from above that I should consider. I believe the balcony is smaller maybe the standard 42 sq. ft but is the location better.

13128 is a standard size cabin (192 sq. ft. with a 42 sq. ft. balcony), It does have an overhang from deck 14 but it is not as big as most cabins affected by it as the hump accounts for a large portion of it. you can see the smaller overhang in the image below on the left of the image.

As with all cabins that have the open deck/ buffet above them there is always a risk of overhead noise

I think that the are pros and cons to both 13128 and 10216.

It's a case of better views and possibly more sunshine and smaller balcony over noise.

I'd find it a difficult choice .but would probably go with 13128 myself. but that's my personal preferences.

ignore he red dot I usd tha to answer another quetion

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Brilliant thread Pete.

I was just about to ask if you have a photograph of a HC cabin,and Essiesmom has posted one!!:).

We have HC cabin deck 10 aft on Splendida so presuming its the same as pic above.

I would expect them to be similar as they use images of Splendida cabins on their web site to illustrate all the fantasia class ships.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I've found an image of the area of the ship which has similar views as 10216

you can see it would be deep in the recess

In fact the balcony with the red dote is 10216

6242626b-7e8c-4d56-a976-1705ee24020b.jpg

Hi Pete

About to book Divina 13099 connected cabin - any issues apart from the obvious?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I assume you mean by obvious the possibility of noise.

Apart from that you will be under the massive overhang from deck 14, good if you like shade ,not so good if you like to sunbath on your balcony. there will also be a certain amount of overhead noise from people running about in the aqua park which is directly overhead.

The overhang

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

Pete

Yikes! Luckily I've now booked 12185 which I'm hoping is much better?

12185 is one of the SMALL balcony cabins 148 sq. ft. (124 sq. ft. living area; 24 sq. ft. bathroom) with a 34 sq. ft. balcony. they are Bella cabins.

it might not be a good swap but it will get sunshine as it is on the central hump where there is only a small overhang.

Pete

Time for me to request your expert opinion!!:D MSC Musica, sailing from Venice,,stateroom 15023?? :D

If I was on a Musica class ship that is where I would want to be, the Aurea balcony suites.

I tried to get one for my recent Orchestra cruise and couldn't get one for the whole 28 days, so not wishing to move cabins half way through settled for an Aurea balcony instead.

Great it's on the port side for the sail out from Venice, If you are a Black member you'll be able to crack open your Champagne (Oops!! Silly me it's only Prosecco now :D:D:D) as you sail past St. Mark's square.

Make sure you get your priority boarding.

Enjoy the free massage, I would recommend the "Hot stone" massage. it's brilliant.

Also make full use of the "Top 16 deck", that too is brilliant, look out for the free fruit kebabs they give out.

Give the old Allegrissimo package a good belting, if you like dessert wine you get that served after dinner,.

Have a great cruise on Musica..

Pete

If I was on a Musica class ship that is where I would want to be, the Aurea balcony suites.

I tried to get one for my recent Orchestra cruise and couldn't get one for the whole 28 days, so not wishing to move cabins half way through settled for an Aurea balcony instead.

Great it's on the port side for the sail out from Venice, If you are a Black member you'll be able to crack open your Champagne (Oops!! Silly me it's only Prosecco now :D:D:D) as you sail past St. Mark's square.

Make sure you get your priority boarding.

Enjoy the free massage, I would recommend the "Hot stone" massage. it's brilliant.

Also make full use of the "Top 16 deck", that too is brilliant, look out for the free fruit kebabs they give out.

Give the old Allegrissimo package a good belting, if you like dessert wine you get that served after dinner,.

Have a great cruise on Musica..

Pete

Many Thanks Pete!!! I was originally considering 15001 but after watching a few videos of MSC Musica, I noticed the balcony is a steel/plexi glass combination,,definitely didn't want that, so thankfully only 3 or 4 Aurea suites are booked for June 2017 so we had a great selection to choose from!!:)

12185 is one of the SMALL balcony cabins 148 sq. ft. (124 sq. ft. living area; 24 sq. ft. bathroom) with a 34 sq. ft. balcony. they are Bella cabins.

it might not be a good swap but it will get sunshine as it is on the central hump where there is only a small overhang.

Pete

Oh dear - it looked small on deck plans but MSC London said it wasn't! Also we've booked Fantastica not Bella? Wonder if I can change as only booked Saturday - which cabin would you recommend in Fantastica? Thanks for the help

Pete

Hi Pete - upgraded to Aurea and booked cabin 12033 - please tell me this was a good decision? Only other cabin was 12074 and we wanted to be port side

Thanks

Hi Pete - upgraded to Aurea and booked cabin 12033 - please tell me this was a good decision? Only other cabin was 12074 and we wanted to be port side

Thanks

I think it is a good decision as I now book Aurea cabins, where they are available, (on my upcoming cruise they were fully booked up), and there is no YC on the ship.

There is no overhang to trouble you, and you will have great views in all directions

You will get some useful "extras!

All inclusive drinks package, my time dining, use of a reserved sundeck, priority boarding, complimentary massage, ( my favourite is the "hot stone" massage).

I'm sure you'll love the cruise and enjoy the privileges

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Some pictures:

[ATTACH]389966[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]389967[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]389968[/ATTACH]

thank you very much

with your permission I'll save them to my archive and use them in future posts

Pete