Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

thanks for the picture of the balcony. what about the inside, is there a sofa?

It's a standard cabin inside. Plenty of images on the MSC web sites

Yes it will have a safe, all MSC cabins have a safe.

It may be in the walk in closet, or,

the wardrobe containing drawers , or ,

behind the corner mirror.

Pete

Nice position midships, decent views forward and aft although slightly less than a full 180 degrees but absolutely nothing to worry about

Will be affected occassionally by the shadow of deck 14 but only when the sun is really high.

It is connected to 11135 so may be affected by a some noise from there.

Cabins above , below , both sides and opposite so no "white space" to worrry about.

I'd have no worries about staying in that cabin but would prefer not to have it connected. I have been in connected cabins and not had any significant noise problems.

Pete

PS a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) with 42 sq ft balcony

Sorry to impose, this is really useful. We are looking at balcony cabins x2 ( Fantastica) for next year on Preziosa. 2 next to each other and an inside opposite. This looks perfect for us. I do notice there are some on the rear hum with inside close by. Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks :)

We have just booked 3 balcony cabins on deck 10 10111, 10127 & 10131 :) Happy with those, I think :)

Assuming we are talking about Preziosa they are all in good positions in the forward recess, so minimal limitations on the field of view.

They all have interconnecting doors which is good for 10127/10131, as they connect to each other, but connecting doors to people you don't known , I'd rather not, it's only a small negative point, but there may only be cabins in less favourable locations, nearer the hump walls.

Pete

ps

I'd look at the cabins on the rear hump.

what numbers??

Edited by Skier52

Hi pete,

I'm booked on cabin 9144 on msc splendida for a med tour. Can you please suggest to be a better cabin on that deck. My travel agency will help me change cabin. We will also have 15 month old baby with us. I'll need un-obstructed view.

Regards

Safwat

Hi pete,

I'm booked on cabin 9144 on msc splendida for a med tour. Can you please suggest to be a better cabin on that deck. My travel agency will help me change cabin. We will also have 15 month old baby with us. I'll need un-obstructed view.

Regards

Safwat

on the forward hump 9054 or bigger number up to 9084 on the port side 9053 up to 9081

on the central hump 9148 to 9062 on the starboard side 9147 to 9161 port side

on the rear hump 9204 to 9228 starboard or 9203 to 9229 port

or any of the aft cabins

there are inside cabins within the number ranges so check they are balcony you are offered

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi

We've been given the above balcony - is this any good, or should we try to change?

This is our first ever cruise so we aren't too sure what is good and what is less good!!

We are travelling with family so we may look to spend some time in our balcony just to escape ;)

Thanks so much!

Emma

Hi

We've been given the above balcony - is this any good, or should we try to change?

This is our first ever cruise so we aren't too sure what is good and what is less good!!

We are travelling with family so we may look to spend some time in our balcony just to escape ;)

Thanks so much!

Emma

IMHO the cabin is in an OK position. It is on the central hump so will have good views in all directions.

It could be shaded a little by the overhang from deck 14, but not very much as the overhang is much smaller on the central hump.

It is close to the middle bank of lifts which makes it convenient for access to the public areas both on the open deck and on the lower decks where the shops and reception etc are. There may be a little more noise associated with access to the lift lobby , but in my experience it is nothing to worry about.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Nothing is coming up when I search so would you please tell me about the Divina Yacht Club 15007? I was told there was no metal railing on the balcony. I don't have access to my brochure now and that is the cabin that we were assigned. Do you have the cabin dimensions?

Thank you!

Hi Pete,

Nothing is coming up when I search so would you please tell me about the Divina Yacht Club 15007? I was told there was no metal railing on the balcony. I don't have access to my brochure now and that is the cabin that we were assigned. Do you have the cabin dimensions?

Thank you!

15007 is 280 sq ft with a 60 sq. ft balcony

As you can see it has a plexiglass balcony rail, the metal balcony is on cabins number 15001 and 15003.

Enjoy your cruise you are in the cabin just a few doors away from the one I had (15013)

15007.jpg

Pete

You have put SO MUCH time into this thread - thank you! I have read through it all! Our first time on MSC - any information on Divina cabin 12028? (excited to try a new line)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

You have put SO MUCH time into this thread - thank you! I have read through it all! Our first time on MSC - any information on Divina cabin 12028? (excited to try a new line)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

its a standard balcony 192 sq. ft. (168 living area ; 24 bathroom) ; balcony 42 sq. ft.

it is in a good location on the forward hump and will have unspoilt views in all directions.

it will not be overshadowed by the deck14 overhang

It has a plexiglass front to the balcony.

It has a double sofa bed

All in all a good cabin

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Have only stayed in an inside cabin before but am doing the Fantasia cruise on 16th December. We have booked an outside view which turns out to be 13201 - is this a wise choice as I Appreciate it is under the buffet but also near the Gaudi bar :)

Have only stayed in an inside cabin before but am doing the Fantasia cruise on 16th December. We have booked an outside view which turns out to be 13201 - is this a wise choice as I Appreciate it is under the buffet but also near the Gaudi bar :)

If you have booked the cabin as an outside view you are in for a pleasant surprise, if you've booked as a balcony you're in for disappointment..

it has a small Juliet balcony

Weigh up the cost of an ordinary balcony against the price you paid and see if you think you have a good deal, as you actually have a balcony. How much use you will get from it in December Is pot luck with regards to weather (just looked at the itinerary, Persian gulf, so weather shouldn't be a problem. )

Enjoy your balcony, if it's a good deal!!

The buffet may give overhead noise but the Gaudi bar is two decks up so probably not a problem

This is what the balcony looks like

P1020631.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Hi and thanks in advance for keeping up with this thread! First time msc cruisers on divina in February and got cabin 10076 . Does it have the standard balcony size and we are guessing it has a good field of view at that spot?

Hi and thanks in advance for keeping up with this thread! First time msc cruisers on divina in February and got cabin 10076 . Does it have the standard balcony size and we are guessing it has a good field of view at that spot?

Yes to both questions.

Very good location, last cabin on the forward hump

skier52 - Only paid for outside view so happy to have a little balcony. Having a real life balcony on Divina in Feb in cabin 11210 which is a bella cabin - hope it's not a steel balcony though - any thoughts ?? Thank you

I've got some really good news for you.

I misread the cabin number on my deck plan (it's getting a bit worn and dog-eared now) and mistakenly gave you some bum information.

Cabin 13201 is in the port side of the rear hump and as such is a Standard balcony cabin so you have a standard 42 sq. ft. balcony and in a position where the overhang is not above you.

You got an even better cabin than I informed you of.

Sorry for the error but at least I didn't get it the other way round

Pete

Edited by Skier52

skier52 - Only paid for outside view so happy to have a little balcony. Having a real life balcony on Divina in Feb in cabin 11210 which is a bella cabin - hope it's not a steel balcony though - any thoughts ?? Thank you

This time I have to say you may be disappointed with 11210 as it is one of the SMALL balcony cabins on the central hump.

148 sq. ft balcony 34 sq ft. (standard is 192 sq.ft balcony 42 sq. ft.)

You will not view it favourably after going in 13201 first.

You might like to try to get a different cabin, It will need an upgrade from Bella to Fantastica, but often they are priced the same.

Pete

What an amazing thread this is!

We're looking at 12151 or 12126 on Preziosa. They are middle accessible cabins in the recess area. I'm trying to get a sense of how onerous the overhang on deck 14 is and whether there are any other downsides to these cabins. Also I can't seem to find much information online about accessible balconies.

It doesn't appear there are any accessible cabins on the hump portions of the ship, and I'm not being offered anything below deck 12.

Many thanks in advance.

The same cabin locations are HC on decks 9-11, but perhaps they are already booked for your dates. Here are pictures of 12153 on Divina, the cabin next door to one you are considering. Interestingly, they are the only ones available of a HC balcony on a Fantasia class ship. Although I did take the pictures, I didn't stay in the cabin.

P1050117_zps0fnsx300.jpg

P1050118_zpsx4kwbbu4.jpg

P1050119_zpswlhk40yu.jpg

P1050120_zpsetddpm8g.jpg

P1050121_zpsxopxge4y.jpg

P1050122_zpsbtqgdhcb.jpg