Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Just a quick note to say I'll be "out of the office" from 18th March until 21 April enjoying the delights of MSC Orchestra for a total of 28 nights. As I make it a point to never take any kind of computing device with me I won't be able to answer any questions .

There are others who are just as helpful, if not more so, who can supply answers and I hope they will be more than kind to do so.

But for the next week it's business as usual

Pete

Pete, you are probably packing your suitcase but thought I would try you anyway. We have cabin 10277 (aft cabin) and friends in cabins 11105 and 11103. Can you tell us about balconies, what we'll be able to see, etc. And also show us location on ship. Anything else we should know? You are awesome for doing this for everyone!!! Thanks!

Pete, you are probably packing your suitcase but thought I would try you anyway. We have cabin 10277 (aft cabin) and friends in cabins 11105 and 11103. Can you tell us about balconies, what we'll be able to see, etc. And also show us location on ship. Anything else we should know? You are awesome for doing this for everyone!!! Thanks!

10277 will have a view straight out over the wake

11103/5 will have views limited to the aft mostly and a little bit forward of the hump wall

11103/5 will have a position like this

11103_5.jpg

Balcony for 10277 from the cabin

Deck101%20aft%202.jpg

and on the balcony

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

Balcony for 11103

balconysecondbigggestcorner.jpg

11105 will be a standard balcony but can be connected to 11103 through the outer portion of the divider

here are the locations on the ship

11105_3%202.jpg

divina%20stern10277.jpg

Enjoy your large balconies and forget about the limited views of the forward cabins

Pete

We have been able to book side by side cabins 12151 & 12149. Could let me know if the balcony can be opened between cabins? Also what is the big white area that I can see on the picture on the ship right at those cabins?

Thanks,

Deb

Hi Pete,

First let me say, I've been on cc a while and you are one of the most helpful individuals on here. THANK YOU! If you are not employed by MSC, they should hire you immediately! ;)

My cruising buddy and I are booked on our first B2B in July...sailing in the YC the first leg and moved to an aft cabin for the 2nd leg (YC was completely booked) when I called for a lovely price change the other day (win-win).

I have a couple of questions for you. We will be sailing out of POM and have never done a B2B before. Do you know if we will have to completely disembark or do they just move you to a lounge on board for customs and immigration clearance?

They said they will just take our luggage to the new cabin for us for the 2nd leg so we don't have to bother with it...hoping this is true. How late can we stay in the YC on the last day (I've sailed in there before but can't remember).

Finally, I've looked at the other aft balcony pics you've posted from deck 10 so I'm assuming they're basically the same. My question is, are they completely covered/shaded?

Ok, it was more than a couple ;) but any info you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Michelle~

• 3 weeks later...
Can one please tell me the size of cabin 10216 especially the balcony size, which is near the balcony the bed of the sofa/chair, does the cabin have a sofa or just a chair. I also need info on cabin 8016.

Thank you so much.

The cabin is a standard 192 sq ft cabin (168 living; 24 bathroom) The balcony is 78 sq ft. I would expect it to have a sofa though not one that converts into a bed,

It is normal in the standard cabins to have the sofa nearer the balcony than the bed

8016 is a standard balcony in size but it is one of the steel "in hull" balconies (42 sq ft)

Pete

Hi Pete,

First let me say, I've been on cc a while and you are one of the most helpful individuals on here. THANK YOU! If you are not employed by MSC, they should hire you immediately! ;)

My cruising buddy and I are booked on our first B2B in July...sailing in the YC the first leg and moved to an aft cabin for the 2nd leg (YC was completely booked) when I called for a lovely price change the other day (win-win).

I have a couple of questions for you. We will be sailing out of POM and have never done a B2B before.

Do you know if we will have to completely disembark or do they just move you to a lounge on board for customs and immigration clearance?

When I did a B2B in the States all the paperwork was done in a lounge at silly O'clock in the morning, but that was on a NCL ship not MSC but I would expect it to be the same. it was in Miami though

They said they will just take our luggage to the new cabin for us for the 2nd leg so we don't have to bother with it...hoping this is true.that's true, but try and insist they move the drawers and not just your belongings, It may not be possible to do that when moving out of the YC to a stern balcony as the furniture may not be compatible.

How late can we stay in the YC on the last day (I've sailed in there before but can't remember). That I don't know as I've never sailed YC in the USA , someone else should be able to give the answer

Finally, I've looked at the other aft balcony pics you've posted from deck 10 so I'm assuming they're basically the same. My question is, are they completely covered/shaded? Part shade / part open

Ok, it was more than a couple ;) but any info you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Michelle~

Hope this help

Pete

We have been able to book side by side cabins 12151 & 12149. Could let me know if the balcony can be opened between cabins? Also what is the big white area that I can see on the picture on the ship right at those cabins?

Thanks,

Deb

I would expect that the balcony can be connected, but only expect the outer third to be open,

The white region is where the watertight bulkheads are which provide a series of compartments within the ship.

Pete

Do you know anything about cabin 12260 on the divina. Wondering if I made a good choice or should I change cabins:)

It's a good choice in that it is a standard size cabin 192 sq ft ( 168 living area; 24 sq ft bathroom with a 55 sq ft balcony. (a standard balcony is 42 sq ft)

go one deck down and you get a 95 sq ft balcony , go two decks down you get a 118 sq ft balcony.

I wouldn't change from the stern , but then I like stern cabins.

Pete

Stern cabins.....we were in 12277 on the Bermuda cruise and it seemed that we had quite a bit of "movement" and vibration at times....

Cabin was fine, it's the last one on the side,(port) small balcony.

Hi Pete,

Do you have information on Cabin #13122 on MSC Divina.

Enjoying your review on your recent cruise, beautiful pictures.

Thank you,

It's a standard size balcony cabin

192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

it is nicely situated on the middle hump and as such with have a small amount of overhang of deck 14, but not the large overhang of the deck 13 cabins in the recessed area.

It will have a full 180 degree field of view.

it is opposite the central bank of lifts which to some is a blessing, short distance to walk, to others a minus point, possibility of noise from inconsiderate guests.

It is directly below a bar on the pool deck which maybe the source of some overhead noise.

I would stay in this cabin myself but would prefer to be one deck down.

pete

Edited by Skier52

Thank You very much for the information on Cabin 13122 Pete. We are planning to occupy this cabin Next May 7th.

We sailed to Bermuda April 9th, in cabin 12176, same ship. That one we found a nice view, but a bit on the small side.

Thanks again.

Armando.

Thank You very much for the information on Cabin 13122 Pete. We are planning to occupy this cabin Next May 7th.

We sailed to Bermuda April 9th, in cabin 12176, same ship. That one we found a nice view, but a bit on the small side.

Thanks again.

Armando.

You should find a noticeable difference in size

192 sq ft as against 148 sq ft. for the cabin

42 sq ft as against 34 sq ft for the balcony

Pete