Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pete,

First let me say, I've been on cc a while and you are one of the most helpful individuals on here. THANK YOU! If you are not employed by MSC, they should hire you immediately! ;)

My cruising buddy and I are booked on our first B2B in July...sailing in the YC the first leg and moved to an aft cabin for the 2nd leg (YC was completely booked) when I called for a lovely price change the other day (win-win).

I have a couple of questions for you. We will be sailing out of POM and have never done a B2B before. Do you know if we will have to completely disembark or do they just move you to a lounge on board for customs and immigration clearance?

They said they will just take our luggage to the new cabin for us for the 2nd leg so we don't have to bother with it...hoping this is true. How late can we stay in the YC on the last day (I've sailed in there before but can't remember).

Finally, I've looked at the other aft balcony pics you've posted from deck 10 so I'm assuming they're basically the same. My question is, are they completely covered/shaded?

Ok, it was more than a couple ;) but any info you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Michelle~

My wife and I just completed a cruise in YC; I'll try to give you some answers to your questions.

According to people we met in YC that were doing B2B, they were required to disembark after first leg; their bags had to be packed, but MSC took care of moving them. You have to be out of your cabin by 8:00am, but can remain in YC Lounge until ready to depart ship. I believe everyone must depart by 10:00am. If you were B2B in YC, you could wait in YC reception room just off the ship; not being YC on second leg, you will probably have to go through regular check-in. As for moving dresser drawers from YC to regular balcony, that can't be done. The closet configuration is different. After 1st leg in YC, I wouldn't be able to drop back to balcony cabin for 2nd leg. The MDR doesn't come anywhere near the quality of LeMuse, the YC private dining room. Also, the YC Lounge is fantastic. If it were me, I'd beg for a chance to upgrade on 2nd leg.

Hello! I was hoping to see if you had any info on Cabin 13007 for the Divina? We were just assigned this cabin after getting the Fantastica Balcony Guarantee. We're sailing on the 14th. Thanks!

Cabin 13007 is on the front hump , port side, so will not have an overhang from deck 14. It will however have the view forward affected by the bridge. Personally I find that being able to watch the officers manoeuvring the ship whilst docking quite interesting, so would not see this as a negative point.

Other than that it's a standard cabin with a double sofa bed

192sq.ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) 42 sq. ft. balcony.

Above is the spa so there should be little overhead noise. I would expect this to be a very quiet cabin.

I think you have had good allocation

where it is on the ship

divina%2013007.jpg

image courtesy of Rogan96

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Anyone know if this balcony has an obstructed view? Appreciate any input. This is our first time on the Divina. Thanks

It has a "Steel In Hull" balcony.

Which is not defined as an obstructed balcony but usually called a "sheltered" balcony.

It will look like this

deck%208%20steel%20balvony%208011.jpg

balconyinhull.jpg

pete

Edited by Skier52

• 4 weeks later...
Do you have any information on Room 11201?

It is a SMALL Balcony cabin, on the central hump, 148 sq. ft. (124 sq. ft. living space; 24 sq. ft. Bathroom) The balcony is 34 sq. ft.

A standard balcony cabin is 192 sq. ft. with balcony of 42 sq. ft.

It will have good views forward and aft, and probably won't be affected by the deck 14 overhang as the overhang is not too big on the central hump.

It is close to the central bank of lifts so walking will be a little less than some cabins will have to undertake, but not to close that noise could be an issue .

It is a B1 cabin and it sacrifices size for position.

Hope this is OK

Pete

This is what the balcony will look like

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12_1.jpg

Edited by Skier52

12187 is a small inside cabin. No chair. Yes, there will be a shower only with a step up into the bathroom. If I were to book another inside, I would not choose one in this bump-out section. Yes, we have had one of these cabins, 13147. This is 13147, a smaller inside

Divina4_zpsyyn3tlwt.jpg

Divina5_zpsiuh5mzj0.jpg

Notice how close my sister is to the end of the room, standing at the foot of the bed.

This is 8064, one of the larger insides. Note how much more space thre is from the foot of the bed:

DSC00209_zpsqvif6kkm.jpg

DSC00211_zpscj4item0.jpg

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I truly appreciate your help!

It sounds like 11201 is very small - so I was thinking of upgrading to 12157. It isn't that much more $ & seems bigger.

Do you have any information on 12157?

Thanks!:)

It is a standard balcony cabin 192 sq. ft. (168 living; 24 bathroom) Balcony 42 sq ft. (Size a big plus)

it has a connecting door (small minus) and a single sofa bed. (small plus)

It is quite close to the hump wall so won't a have a full 180 degree field of view (small minus), it may get some shade from the deck 14 overhang (small minus or small plus if you don't like direct sunshine)

I think the size (big plus outweighs the small minuses) and it is an improvement over the smaller cabin.

Pete

I truly appreciate your help!

It sounds like 11201 is very small - so I was thinking of upgrading to 12157. It isn't that much more $ & seems bigger.

Do you have any information on 12157?

Thanks!:)

Run don't walk to change it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking to book Fantasia from Abudhabi in January.

With the fantastica package there are only forward rooms, I know some of them have the metal balconies, the furthest aft is 10032.

Please does anyone know if this has a clear or metal balcony.

Thanks

I am looking to book Fantasia from Abudhabi in January.

With the fantastica package there are only forward rooms, I know some of them have the metal balconies, the furthest aft is 10032.

Please does anyone know if this has a clear or metal balcony.

Thanks

It is the last of the all metal balconies on the starboard side , next to the partial metal balcony.

See the image below

fantasia%2010032.jpg

Pete

sorry should have said this cabin is on the DIVINA

This cabin has one of the large corner balconies (124 sq. ft.) but the trade off is you only have views forward

As it is on deck 11 there should be a minimal affect from the overhang of deck 14.

This is what the balcony looks like (but with less roof as this is a deck 13 cabin with the big overhang immediately above)

divinabalconycabin13049.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52