Ruby Princess Question

rwstout

I just booked D320 on the Ruby as it was the only 3 person that was offered. I was wondering if anyone had information on this cabin or maybe had a picture or two that they would like to share. Any other info or pictures from the ruby would be great too.

I just booked D320 on the Ruby as it was the only 3 person that was offered. I was wondering if anyone had information on this cabin or maybe had a picture or two that they would like to share. Any other info or pictures from the ruby would be great too.

D320 is a mini suite. If you go to the Princess web site, select Learn About Cruising, Cruise Ships, Ruby Princes, Deck Plans. Click on D320 and you will be able to see a cabin diagram. It will be accurate for this cabin. The 3rd passenger should sleep on the convertible sofa. This is a great cabin and location.

Thanks I thought that it was uncovered but oh well. I have seen diagrams was just hoping for some real pictures and advice. Like is it a quite room? I would also like to know what is in the white space we see on the diagram

Thanks I thought that it was uncovered but oh well. I have seen diagrams was just hoping for some real pictures and advice. Like is it a quite room? I would also like to know what is in the white space we see on the diagram

I would say quite with cabins above and below yours. The white space is probably linen storage, maybe an office, some equipment, like electrical. Your TA can ask Princess for a better description, if you wish.

I just booked on the Ruby, minisuite, this week and was told I could NOT request a specific cabin. How did you get one?

I have always told my TA which cabin we wanted.

Did you book a guarantee? If so, then that only guarantees a cabin in the category.

Mike:)

I just booked on the Ruby, minisuite, this week and was told I could NOT request a specific cabin. How did you get one?

Princess closes the ability to select a specific cabin when the departure date is close, or when it is nearly a sell out. They will only accept reservations for cabin categories. But, if the cruise is further out you are able to select any available cabin. We always inform our T.A. what cabin(s) we will accept.

I Googled 'Ruby Princess Mini Suite' and got this video:

I personally don't have any pictures of your cabin, but here are quite a few I took of the ship when I was aboard:

:D

We were in a mini-suite on the Grand Princess E725 (covered balcony) and loved it. Looks identical to the one in the video you posted. I did a video for our mini suite on the Grand also:

We are now booked for the Ruby in August and also booked an Emerald Deck Aft mini-suite. Can't wait.

dmwnc1959 .... may I copy and paste your links to your photos to our roll call? It would be helpful to many I'm sure. Thanks. I won't do it without your OK.

Edited by MilliesMom

I have been told that yes they do open you just have to ask your room manager

Yes, I know that the balcony dividers have the ability to open,but not all balcony cabins have doors that open.

Some cabins are fixed dividers.:eek:

So does anyone know if on The Ruby, Baja deck 509/515 if the divider opens?(any recent Ruby cruisers been in one of these cabins?)

Thanks.

I have not been in either of those cabins but feel sure the balcony divider can be opened by your steward.

If you will look at the deck plans for the Ruby on http://www.princess.com you can see where the fire bulkheads are located by the doors in the hallway and those are the cabins with fixed balcony dividers.

Cabins 509-515 are pretty much in the middle of that section so there should be no problem opening the dividers.

Mike

Yes, I know that the balcony dividers have the ability to open,but not all balcony cabins have doors that open.

Some cabins are fixed dividers.

Take a look at the picture in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41987612&postcount=12

And this post, which directly contradicts the often-repeated comments:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41989574&postcount=13