Canadian cruisers!!

As long as your using the local cell network then there is no problem. My experience is that networks pop up just getting close to land and my phone will just pick one. If it does, then Roam like Home works like a charm. Just do not roam on Cellular at Sea as Rogers does not include this.

I love it as well and it was one of the main reasons I stay with Rogers. No other cell company beats that deal.

Have fun!!

Thanks. Any idea of the billing per 24 hours? If, for example, I connect in Nice at 2:00 PM on Saturday, turn off roaming while at sea, and reconnect in Florence the next morning am I billed $10 for the 24 hour period or would I incur a second day's charges (up to 1:59 Sunday)?

Just be aware that Rogers Roam like home can max out. I got a text saying I exceeded the Roam like home benefit on day 7 when we returned to port. Good thing it was only a 7 day cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just be aware that Rogers Roam like home can max out. I got a text saying I exceeded the Roam like home benefit on day 7 when we returned to port. Good thing it was only a 7 day cruise

It maxes at 10 days but you can continue to use it without any additional cost. It's also helpful to know your billing cycle date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Any idea of the billing per 24 hours? If, for example, I connect in Nice at 2:00 PM on Saturday, turn off roaming while at sea, and reconnect in Florence the next morning am I billed $10 for the 24 hour period or would I incur a second day's charges (up to 1:59 Sunday)?

Sorry, I don't know about this, but great question. I figure just call Rogers

Update: I talked to Rogers and they clarified that it doesn't matter what country your in and how many borders you cross, the same 24hr applies.

Good news!

Edited by csnarpy

Because it uses your Canadian plan, you may have exceeded your monthly allotment.

Update: I talked to Rogers and they clarified that it doesn't matter what country your in and how many borders you cross, the same 24hr applies.

Good news!

That is great news. Not the response I received when I called, but your response more closely reflects what I see on the Rogers site and what I've experienced in the past when in the U.S. The rep I spoke to yesterday states its per day not per 24 hours. So if I'm in Florence one day and turn on Roam like home, and then go onto Airplane mode when returning to the ship, and then turn on again when in Rome within that same 24 hour period, I will be charged 2 days! So just be cautious that this may indeed be the case.

That is great news. Not the response I received when I called, but your response more closely reflects what I see on the Rogers site and what I've experienced in the past when in the U.S. The rep I spoke to yesterday states its per day not per 24 hours. So if I'm in Florence one day and turn on Roam like home, and then go onto Airplane mode when returning to the ship, and then turn on again when in Rome within that same 24 hour period, I will be charged 2 days! So just be cautious that this may indeed be the case.

I believe this is correct - you are paying for a 'day' not a 24 hr period - so even if you decide to ROAM at 11 pm - it will end at 11:59 pm!! If you start early morning or even 12:01 am - you would get then whole 24 hr period - e.g. until 11:59 pm....

Good news!

Thanks. I have found this quote as well: "If you are travelling to multiple eligible Roam Like Home destinations within a 24-hour period, the $10/day charge will be applied and won't be re-charged for that 24-hour period.".

I wonder if at some point RCI will start to offer some Canadian Cruise deals.....with our exchange rate at close to 40%...its making cruising an very expensive option for vacation!

If our dollar falls any lower, it might be a good deal to buy OBC at 1.40 if that is still the rate they are offering...:eek:

This exchange rate is going to kill my cruise. Cruise is in canadian but everything else we will have to get American money. I have a year so hopefully it goes down. We have to fly to san juan so flights aren't cheap from Toronto and with the exchange not cheaper from Detroit.

If you buy OBC does that lock in the rate.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else notice the jump in price for the replenish package? From $26 (around there) to now $40? I thought maybe due to the exchange but the other packages didn't seem to change

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do you mean the Refreshment package? Ours shows $34.58. I think there used to be a Replenish package but didn't they get rid of it?