Canadian cruisers!!

Do you mean the Refreshment package? Ours shows $34.58. I think there used to be a Replenish package but didn't they get rid of it?

Yes, Replenish is gone, replaced by Refreshment. Come to think of it, it's about time for another confusing name change.

Oops sorry. Yes that's what I meant. How curious. It's $40.80 for me. It should be all the same for Canada you would think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

18% gratuity added once you add to cart? I think the math works on that.

I was going to pick up a couple of these for our 12 day cruise. That's going to end up too pricey I think.

Our November TA , Barcelona to Tampa for an inside cabin , is only about $1500CAD pp with airfare , hotel,taxes and tips with $75 Obc,

So I think that is pretty good price

For us, cruising is still a bit more cost effective right now than say an all-inclusive or travelling through the US like we'd usually do for holidays. We aren't big drinkers, so getting wasted for a week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic isn't all that appealing, especially with a young child in tow.

That being said, I was hoping to pick up a non-alcoholic drinks package for the coffee and frozen mocktails. Not going to happen unless the exchange rate improved or some super awesome deal appears!

For us, cruising is still a bit more cost effective right now than say an all-inclusive or travelling through the US like we'd usually do for holidays. We aren't big drinkers, so getting wasted for a week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic isn't all that appealing, especially with a young child in tow.

!

We were suppose to spend a week in LA but cancelled w/in the 24 hr window because of the exchange rate.. We opted for Cuba, i think $3k for a week AI stay including flights is a decent deal for 2 adults and 2 young lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were suppose to spend a week in LA but cancelled w/in the 24 hr window because of the exchange rate.. We opted for Cuba, i think $3k for a week AI stay including flights is a decent deal for 2 adults and 2 young lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great price -- is that off season (kids in school)??? Or on summer break?

Have to agree, with the current exchange rate looks like more trips to Punta Backyarda and staying at Los Gazebo

Sounds nice to me :D

Yes, I'm really hoping the value of our dollar improves. For now, as the dollar drops so does our cabin category and onboard/excursion spending :(. That's OK, as long as I can keep cruising and get away from the snow in the winter!

Have to agree, with the current exchange rate looks like more trips to Punta Backyarda and staying at Los Gazebo

That really did make me laugh.:'):')

Can't tell you all how happy I am when we booked onboard last December that we decided to book in Cdn$. We almost bet on US but then didn't want to gamble. The price is so much higher now and the exchange so much worse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anyone gotten a better rate for OBC than 1.40? I called earlier today and was told 1.37. Called back to purchase 2 hours later and told 1.40 again. [emoji35]

Called today, got 1.40 as well. I was told it changes quarterly.

I miss the days of 1 to 1.10 (I might have made my cruise back through the exchange rate difference)

• 4 weeks later...
Wow, no one has posted in almost a month. Happy belated Canada Day everyone! Things are looking up, our dollar is at $0.78 USD. Keep going Loonie, keep going.

Mostly to do the hype about the probable announcement of increase in interest rates next week. but no matter what reason, I'll take it. If for whatever reason they decide to stay the course with the interest rate, the CAD $ will probably dive back down to where it was.

dp

Sounds nice to me :D

Yes, I'm really hoping the value of our dollar improves. For now, as the dollar drops so does our cabin category and onboard/excursion spending :(. That's OK, as long as I can keep cruising and get away from the snow in the winter!

This past week out dollar is the best it has been for a few months. check with your bank.

Has anyone gotten a better rate for OBC than 1.40? I called earlier today and was told 1.37. Called back to purchase 2 hours later and told 1.40 again. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The rate your bank quotes changes every three minutes - what I was told by a teller.

The onboard credit rate for our next cruise on the Brilliance is $1.32 today (Sunday, since Friday when the banks closed). Login to your Cruise Planner and hover over the interactive 'i" beside the onboard credit line (if you have some) at the top of the page.

The Cruise Planner drop-down window says:

TODAY'S EXCHANGE RATE

Today's onboard credit exchange rate is listed below. This exchange rate can fluctuate until you make your first purchase using onboard credit. At that time, your exchange rate will be locked. 1USD > 1.32CAD

I understand this to mean that rate would be locked in for all other onboard charges, like tips. I'll check the rate tomorrow and am thinking about ordering a coffee card to lock in the rate. Would buy one for DH anyway. Awhile back, it was $1.37 and I didn't bite!

The onboard credit rate for our next cruise on the Brilliance is $1.32 today (Sunday, since Friday when the banks closed). Login to your Cruise Planner and hover over the interactive 'i" beside the onboard credit line (if you have some) at the top of the page.

TODAY'S EXCHANGE RATE

Today's onboard credit exchange rate is listed below. This exchange rate can fluctuate until you make your first purchase using onboard credit. At that time, your exchange rate will be locked. 1USD > 1.32CAD

I understand this to mean that rate would be locked in for all other onboard charges, like tips. I'll check the rate tomorrow and am thinking about ordering a coffee card to lock in the rate. Would buy one for DH anyway. Awhile back, it was $1.37 and I didn't bite!

Let us know what you find out about other onboard charges. It will be interesting to see if they offer the same good exchange rate or if the rate you mentioned is just for OBC.

I bought $100 US OBC for 130 Can yesterday.

:) Well that's a lot better than the $1.40 rate back in June. Think I'll call tomorrow and add some for our next cruise. I just checked online with my bank and to purchase $100 USD is $132.34 CAD.

Login to your Cruise Planner and hover over the interactive 'i" beside the onboard credit line (if you have some) at the top of the page.

TODAY'S EXCHANGE RATE

Thanks for the "Heads-UP"