Anyone else having Celebrity web site issues lately?

SeaCBear

I found the solution for the website issues. I do not book anything on the website. A simply call them. Actually did a complete check in for my boarding pass via the phone except for the credit card numbers and printing the top page.

I found the solution for the website issues. I do not book anything on the website. A simply call them. Actually did a complete check in for my boarding pass via the phone except for the credit card numbers and printing the top page.

Not sure what it's like in the US but here in the UK many companies now make decent money on those phone numbers with so much per minute, you can be on hold for 25 minutes before getting through to some of them.

Yep me too - on the US and Australian Celebrity site. I want to book an excursion but it's not working. Have tried several times. So I guess I will just book the same excursion independently and Celebrity will lose out. They really need to fix this - in this day and age, and for an international cruise line, this is ridiculous!!

I just tried again - one more time, and a survey popped up while I was on the site saying please give feedback on our site. YES! I thought - finally a way for me to give them my opinion! The first question was - Are you currently booked on a Celebrity cruise - I ticked Yes, and the next page said 'Your survey is now complete, thank you for your participation'!! Grrrrrrrr.......

Edited by Cassicruiser

I just tried again - one more time, and a survey popped up while I was on the site saying please give feedback on our site. YES! I thought - finally a way for me to give them my opinion! The first question was - Are you currently booked on a Celebrity cruise - I ticked Yes, and the next page said 'Your survey is now complete, thank you for your participation'!! Grrrrrrrr.......
See the previous thread about this, in case you missed it

shortest survey ever!

You need to answer that question NO in order to take the survey.

Apparently if you tell them that you were able to book a cruise, they don't care about anything else you have to say.

Too late for you this time, but if you go back to their website again and the survey pops up again..... or for anyone else who wants to let them know what you think of their website.......... ;)

Edited by varoo

Did you see their post today about the Celebrity Storybook? I don't think it was very popular, but the joke was that it said they had been having trouble with the old storybook, so they hired a third party to help them fix the IT issues. Oh really!!??? What about hiring a third party to help you fix your whole website????

After repeatedly encountering problems trying to book excursions and dining on the Celebrity website, I called technical support and was told that I should never log in and try to access my reservation through my profile. Instead, she said I should (without logging in) choose "Already Booked?" at the top of the screen, then select "Cruise Planner."

The next screen gives the option of logging in on the left side of the page, or putting in a booking number, last name, date and ship on the right side for people who aren't registered. She told me to stay to the right side of the page (acting as if I'm not registered). Using this approach, most of the time, I can access the webpage to book dining and shore excursions. I still occasionally receive messages telling me that I've put in the wrong booking number (when I haven't), but if I wait for a while and try again I can usually get back in. It's a lot of steps but at least it works most of the time!

After repeatedly encountering problems trying to book excursions and dining on the Celebrity website, I called technical support and was told that I should never log in and try to access my reservation through my profile. Instead, she said I should (without logging in) choose "Already Booked?" at the top of the screen, then select "Cruise Planner."

The next screen gives the option of logging in on the left side of the page, or putting in a booking number, last name, date and ship on the right side for people who aren't registered. She told me to stay to the right side of the page (acting as if I'm not registered). Using this approach, most of the time, I can access the webpage to book dining and shore excursions. I still occasionally receive messages telling me that I've put in the wrong booking number (when I haven't), but if I wait for a while and try again I can usually get back in. It's a lot of steps but at least it works most of the time!

I hope this person realized how ridiculous her explanation was. Yes, it may work, but how crazy is it that they have to tell people to use this convoluted method to get to their reservations???

Their "Plan & Book" feature has not been working for weeks (at least on Chrome). You get halfway through, pick a stateroom, and then get a blank page. It's as though they really don't care if someone books with them or not.:eek: I only do this as a method to see their current pricing (which I can also find elsewhere), but it is ridiculous beyond belief! Celebrity - you should be embarrassed!

See the previous thread about this, in case you missed it

shortest survey ever!

You need to answer that question NO in order to take the survey.

Apparently if you tell them that you were able to book a cruise, they don't care about anything else you have to say.

Too late for you this time, but if you go back to their website again and the survey pops up again..... or for anyone else who wants to let them know what you think of their website.......... ;)

Thank you. I just answered NO and the survey came up again with

all their questions.

I took Beth's advice and went into the website the convoluted way and managed to get in. But how absolutely ridiculous to have to do this. Celebrity is a huge International company that relies on bookings and information given on it's website. Little Mom and pop businesses have better websites, in this day and age it's not hard! Come on Celebrity - lift your game!! :confused:

I agree.....I am in my reservation and actually looking at shore excursions.

And I would like to put one of them in my cart but you cannot move it

over (that should not surprise anyone:rolleyes:).

I called them about itvand was told they are upgrading the site.....

(And I have a bridge to sell you)...... Then someone else said they

were not supposed to comment on the issues.....

I will wait and book on board.

Edited by Lois R

I went onto the website yesterday to look at some shore excursions for our cruises. Like many of you, I also got the pop-up survey option to give them feedback on using their website.

I thought....finally, I get a chance to tell them how frustrating it is to try to use this Mickey Mouse website.....so I clicked "yes".....I will take the survey. Immediately a blank screen came up that said something like: "Sorry, an error has occurred."

I laughed out loud.

:mad:

I hope this person realized how ridiculous her explanation was. Yes, it may work, but how crazy is it that they have to tell people to use this convoluted method to get to their reservations???

I have given up..after being told..wait 20min!..LOL.. I called and made my tour reservation via phone. We also have some freebe money in the ship account but cannot use it until we are on board the ship. This may make sense to celebrity but not to me. :(

Did you see their post today about the Celebrity Storybook? I don't think it was very popular, but the joke was that it said they had been having trouble with the old storybook, so they hired a third party to help them fix the IT issues. Oh really!!??? What about hiring a third party to help you fix your whole website????

Hi there,

FYI, our team handles Social Media, including Cruise Critic. Our team helped build the new Storybook, but does not handle the website. We only pointed out the "3rd party" in our post so that people would not think that we pulled any resources from the website team to help redo our Storybook app.

Add me to the list . . .

Am happy to discover it's not just me, as I was beginning to develop a bit of a complex.

Multiple 'Try back in 20 minute' messages yesterday when I tried to access my reservations, and today it's circling back to the home page of my account whenever I try to research excursions.

It is really alarming to me, no, shocking!, that a company as large as RCCL could let these website issues go on for YEARS now. At what point do you as a corporation finally acknowledge that there is a serious problem with your IT department, can them all, and start from scratch??

This is not a minor little glitch, this is a huge ongoing problem that you have been unable to rectify for years. You are losing business, and frustrating the hell out of your base. No other website I have ever frequented has these issues--NONE!!

Strip it down to the basics and get those right first. Have the booking engine functional, allow people to see the deck plans, and make 'My Celebrity' work as it should. Forget the fancy pictures and the marketing hype and get the essentials working across ALL platforms. When that's been done, then you can add in all the gazillions of extras, sales pitches, etc.

Cruise Critic probably captures less than 10% of your average cruise population; I am willing to bet that a huge number of the remaining 90% of cruisers are just as frustrated as we are.

As a shareholder, this is a terrible management practice and needs to be addressed, for once and for all. PLEASE do whatever it takes to get this fixed!!!!

I have three cruises scheduled. Trying to work on shore excursions for all of them with no success. I open the cruise and click on a date, and nothing happens (spins forever). To say this is frustrating is an understatement. How can you choose excursions when you can't see what is offered?

I had NONE of these issues with my first three Celebrity cruises.

Hi there,

FYI, our team handles Social Media, including Cruise Critic. Our team helped build the new Storybook, but does not handle the website. We only pointed out the "3rd party" in our post so that people would not think that we pulled any resources from the website team to help redo our Storybook app.

Thanks for coming back here to post an explanation. I speak only for myself when I say that I could not care less about the Storybook.

I really wish they would instead assign that entire team to the website and have them devote all their efforts to fixing the website. Or better yet, to replacing the website entirely with a new one that works efficiently and correctly.

Final payment - completed

Online check-in - completed

XPass printed - completed

Request luggage tags - nope. Button is disabled. Seems like something easy to fix.

Hi Rob:)..maybe I can help with the luggage tag item.....you cannot

hit submit for those until AFTER you receive your EDOCS......that

is usually starting at 49 days before the cruise. I have completed

the same items as you have for my May cruise but the luggage tag

button is not ready yet;)