Celebrity we gotta talk

beaver

Hey Celebrity we gotta talk. Sit down it's important.

You are my passion, it's not you it's me...... I have been meaning to talk to you but we don't seem to have the time to connect, I remember what we were and how we excited each other. It was special just you and me...We could read each others mind.... finish each others sentences... we were one. I still wear the "Elite" ring you gave me, I still brag about your virtues You are the standard that all others are measured against. I keep on trying, I hold you tight and remember our nights together, our discoveries. Waking up to you is what I want out of cruising, it really is. But we have grown apart. I have changed but you have not, you are comfortable and I believe you do not know there is a problem. You probably think we will spend our time just happy with what is.

With you I shared my first. My first time to see a ships bow breaking the waves a proud and majestic leader. I have been with you to the Caribbean, we watched the sun set between the Sydney opera house and the Sydney bridge. With you we went together, rising early in the dark and approached the lock gates that let us enter the Gatum Lake of the Panama Canal. You showed me what you could of the Western, Eastern, and Southern Caribbean. We laughed and enjoyed many times that I tell in my tales of the sea. I have shared your secrets with my friends, I have explained your X, I have been proud to know that a glass of champagne will greet me the first time I step on your teak decks. it was special that you would greet me with a cold towel and an ice cold glass of punch when I returned to you on a hot Caribbean day.

The past was great but I am not ready for comfortable yet. I have urges. I am looking for the excitement you have always given me, but you are comfortable.

I want to see more places. I want to see Hawaii, I want to got to Trinidad and Tobago as well as Turks and Cacaos. As much as I hold you dear, if you won't take me I will find someone else. We need to keep developing our relationship. I don't think you would want me to start taking you for granted please give me the same consideration.

Don't think of it being over, we can still be friends. Always remember that no matter whom I am with I will always wish there was a giant X on the stack.

I hope this bothers you dear Celebrity, but still remember that it is not you, it is me.. I have changed and you have not.

For the first time, DH and I are being unfaithful to Celebrity as the couple we are sailing with through the Panama Canal want to stop in Aruba. Celebrity doesn't offer that stop on a Panama Canal cruise. So, we are sailing the Coral Princess. I feel a little sad about it. Your sentiments are relatable. Thanks.

You will not feel sad when sail on Coral Princess. I cheated and had a wonderful time. It is hard for me to get service, food and demographics to my liking, but that sailing was perfect. I have three booked with with Celebrity and I will start roaming again, as well. The entertainment and activities are not my liking anymore on Celebrity. I walked out of the three shows that I attempted to attend on the last 14 night sailing.

Every line can't go to all the same places.

In 2011 we again sailed RCCL on the Freedom. Then strayed again in 2012 back to Princess on the Ruby. Neither compared to the Reflection in 2013 on which we sailed the same eastern route as we did on the Ruby. Please let us know how the walk on the other side comes out. Ours only reinforced that even tho it was the same old same ole, is was better than the others.

After Royal and Princess I will be trying Celebrity for my next cruise. Cruising is still fun but not as much fun as it use to be. Don't enjoy hearing some negative changes about Celebrity but I have also seen the cuts and changes on other cruise lines.

It is true about X .After more than 35 X sailings we do not have the same WOW effects that we once enjoyed :eek:. Additionally with their 123 GO introduction their pricing has gone up considerably vs other cruise lines with similar itineraries . :rolleyes:

Sorry X that you had to hear these comments :o.Now perhaps you will listen more closely to your customers :cool:

Just got off the cruise that make us "elite plus". Mixed feelings.

Bottom line, as of right now, X cares about Zenith and Suite guests, everyone else is almost an afterthought.

From check in at terminal in Miami (only Zenith and Suite guests had much shorter line)

I know they make a lot of money from the suites (especially now with the increased fares), so I don't blame them for giving suites special attention, but as a regular elite on this cruise, I might as well have been a first time cruiser.

I agree, waited until the late 2016 Caribbean cruise came out and was excited to see something new. Nope, same ole same ole. Very disappointing.

We were beginning to feel the same way about Royal Caribbean. So, we booked a Mardi Gras cruise for Feb 2017 on X.

It is already over 80 % sold out. The cruise spends 2 nights in NOLA during Mardi Gras + a few W Caribbean stops. By 3 weeks after reservations opened all of Concierge, Aqua and suites were sold out. Prices are WAY up. [inside now cost more than my CC] So, this shows that exciting itineraries can make the cruise line money.

It is true about X .After more than 35 X sailings we do not have the same WOW effects that we once enjoyed :eek:. Additionally with their 123 GO introduction their pricing has gone up considerably vs other cruise lines with similar itineraries . :rolleyes:

Sorry X that you had to hear these comments :o.Now perhaps you will listen more closely to your customers :cool:

What after 35 times carries the same "wow" affect?

It is just a cruise line a business there are plenty of 0ther cruise lines out there I dont understand your commitment to one cruise line do you really think they care about you like you care about them?:eek:

Yes,my here are other cruise lines, but a) I am not Elite on them and don't get the great perks I get on X, and b) I recently diversified and took a cruise on the Sapphire Princess. The ship was downright ugly, a tacky mess, a misery to navigate around, none of the graceful lines and elegant decor that S Class ships have, gross public restrooms with filthy floors, you get the picture. I'm not into hairy chest contests or newlywed games, so I'll just stick with Celebrity for now.

We strayed to Oceania and just love them. I started with O due to X cancelling our China/Japan cruise on the Century. I really like the O itineraries; but like the X prices better. Cruising on O feels like what X used to be when we first cruised with them 17 years ago. We still love X; but we are cruising more on our new love now.

We are Elite+ with Celebrity and enjoy the perks, but we have also recently strayed to Princess to get different choices of itinerary. We have sailed on Ruby, Star and Royal Princess, and while we do not like the style of the ships as much as Celebrity S class (the older Princess ships compare with M class), we have yet to find dirty floors or bathrooms on any of them. We prefer interesting itineraries like Europe of the Middle East, and sail with whichever of the two lines provides us with the best ports and prices, since the ship is definitely not the destination for us.

Sheila

Elite Plus with Celebrity. Our problem is not that Celebrity products have not changed but that they have changed for worse. For example prices much higher then they used to be, 123 packages inflating those prices more and trying to make them atractive, diminishing quality in main dining rooms with more emphasis on aqua class and Suites. We are paying more for our cruises with Celebrity without receiving a better service or a better product (itineraries are just one part of it). Are we sailing with other lines instead? Yes we are. Would we like to go back to Celebrity? Yes, but please do not try to fool us with your 123 packages, which gave the impression of being an "offer" but which at the end result in higher prices per cruise.

Edited by travelberlin

Well, the OP almost had me until they talked about seeing the Turks and Caicos :). Why? The Port Complex at that port was apparently developed and mostly financed by CCL (Carnival Cruise Corp) and most (not all) of the vessels calling at that complex are from CCL owned lines. But having been to this place a few times we are not sure why it would be on anyone's "to visit" list.

Hank

For the first time, DH and I are being unfaithful to Celebrity as the couple we are sailing with through the Panama Canal want to stop in Aruba. Celebrity doesn't offer that stop on a Panama Canal cruise. So, we are sailing the Coral Princess. I feel a little sad about it. Your sentiments are relatable. Thanks.

Our first cruise on Princess, after several on Celebrity, was on the Coral Princess through the Panama Canal. As a result of our experience on that cruise we now do 4 cruises on Princess for each one we do on Celebrity.

Absolutely nothing wrong with mixing it up! I would be bored to tears if every cruise was the same type of experience. We love X, and they are certainly our favorite but that won't stop us from going on other lines. And for us, none of the lines offer loyalty perks that would drive us to stay with them.