Super Bowl Commercial

I loved it and thought it invoked the peace that comes with cruising. Makes me look forward to our next cruise.

The JFK speech is great and can be used as a teachable moment to a younger generation of what a great speaker he was and how he connected to his audience through his words, cadence, and tone; regardless of individual political views. Also, says something about how old some of us are that we recognized that it is a JFK speech. :D

As an experienced cruiser, I love any and all cruise commercials as they are a reminder of the open ocean. Of course the target of a cruise commercial is the new cruiser, not those who are already addicted.

Yes, it was a JFK speech. Not sure how many younger people will get that though.

I was only 5 when he was assassinated. But it still gives me shivers when I hear him. He was such a great, interesting and inspiring speaker.

I agree, it is the best cruise commercial i have seen in a long time. I was not alive when JFK was but I instantly recognized his voice.

I thought it was good for the industry as a whole.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I liked the commercial, it seemed to me for the cruise industry in general, maybe they should have had the cruise line names at the start as well as the end, like bookends, but I guess something worked because it has us talking about it:)

I don't think it was a good commercial for Carnival. It was a good commercial for cruising. There was really nothing to show why you should go on a CARNIVAL cruise.

Exactly. Only us cruise nerds know what lines fall under the Carnival umbrella. It came across more as a commercial for cruising in general.

I think creating a commercial that was about cruising in general was the intent. They are looking for those that are not regular cruisers. They hope to get them to try a Carnival cruise with lower prices.

As a veteran cruiser I understand the difference in the cruise experience on different lines vs price. That is not really the case for newbies.

It was a very well done ad--and I suspect it will work for them.

I think creating a commercial that was about cruising in general was the intent. They are looking for those that are not regular cruisers. They hope to get them to try a Carnival cruise with lower prices.

As a veteran cruiser I understand the difference in the cruise experience on different lines vs price. That is not really the case for newbies.

It was a very well done ad--and I suspect it will work for them.

Really? Did anything in that spot say Carnival has lower prices? That's my point. There's nothing that showcases Carnival. What if someone saw the ad, searches "cruises" and ends up going on RCI? What would have been cool is if RCI, Carnival, NCL, Disney all got together, split the cost and did the ad.

I did notice that the Carnival ad didn't focus on the Costa lines. Thankfully their ad didn't end with the same was as that insurence ad. Now that ad makes you think, but not a great marketing strategy IMO.

They didn't focus on any of their lines, but showed representative ships from each of the nine brands. Overall, it was an extremely well done ad, and will get a lot of people to think about cruising. With nine brands, they stand to gain a boatload of new business if that curiosity turns to action.