Health Questions by RCL

Anyone that has gone on a cruise out of FLL has RCL changed their Health Questionnaire or are they asking about Measles ?

I have not had the measles but was given the shot when I was a youngster.

Since I live in the Northeast and the Measles outbreak is on the West coast just wondering ?

How are they checking this out

Anyone that has gone on a cruise out of FLL has RCL changed their Health Questionnaire or are they asking about Measles ?

I have not had the measles but was given the shot when I was a youngster.

Since I live in the Northeast and the Measles outbreak is on the West coast just wondering ?

How are they checking this out

Nothing at all at the end of December.

I had my MMR updated a couple of years ago (my doctor said boosters were recommended), so hopefully I'll be fine if around anyone.

If they're really concerned about the spread, they should be asking about VACCINATIONS because that is really the issue. Non-vaccinated people bring it, and then those who refuse to vaccinate get it and expose everyone else.

I had my MMR updated a couple of years ago (my doctor said boosters were recommended), so hopefully I'll be fine if around anyone.

If they're really concerned about the spread, they should be asking about VACCINATIONS because that is really the issue. Non-vaccinated people bring it, and then those who refuse to vaccinate get it and expose everyone else.

If you trust your shots, why do you care about exposure? If they work, you shouldn't.

If they worked, the majority of those in outbreaks wouldn't be people who got the shots. And yet it is always that way.

And now, for those who got measles, they have lifelong immunity, and those that subsequently have babies and nurse them pass along immunity to the babies that lasts about 1.5 years, which naturally takes them through a danger zone. Pretty awesome!

Beside that, you will never have 100% so you are wasting time wishing for it. There are those who will be allergic to the components (read the ingredient list in the package inserts I'm sure you receive and read before consenting at every shot appointment). Unless you wish to kill those people, you can do nothing about it.

And there are those who do not mount an immune response to the shots, like people on major immunosuppressants. Like those who receive transplants. Their bodies will not respond, and no matter how many shots they get they will be as though they got none. So unless you feel that those who require immunosuppressive drug should just be killed once that prognosis is made,you will never have 100%.

Best to learn about the diseases, strengthen your own immune system (rather than trying to bypass it), find doctors who actually know how to treat (or not treat in some cases!) the diseases, and live your own life. And maybe read some books like A Shot In The Dark. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just on Liberty out of FLL last week. There was no question about measles. Just the standard illness/fever questions.

When were went out of Bayonne in Oct, we were questioned about Ebola, both at embarkation AND at our ports of call.

If you trust your shots, why do you care about exposure? If they work, you shouldn't.

The measles vaccine is only about 98% effective, which means that if you are vaccinated there's still a 2% chance that you could catch the disease. However, a population where 98% of people are immune has enough "herd immunity" to prevent an outbreak from occurring, since it can't easily spread from person to person. This "herd immunity" protects that 2% (as well as those who are too young or have too weak an immune system for the vaccine).

The problem with measles is that it is so contagious that you need at least 92-94% or more of the population to be immune for herd immunity to work. If 5% of the people around you aren't vaccinated and you're part of the unlucky 2% for whom the vaccine didn't work, you could be in big trouble.