Past final payment- room mate unable to go

MS52

We have a cruise booked and paid for. It's past final payment so no refunds can be received. My friend is unable to go - I am! What happens now? Can I just show up by myself with no problem? Will I be denied at the pier?

I don't think it should matter to RCI since everything is paid for. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

No insurance involved - but that's another story.......

I am not interested in finding a replacement. I'm okay going by myself if that will work.

We have a cruise booked and paid for. It's past final payment so no refunds can be received. My friend is unable to go - I am! What happens now? Can I just show up by myself with no problem? Will I be denied at the pier?

I don't think it should matter to RCI since everything is paid for. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone.

No insurance involved - but that's another story.......

I am not interested in finding a replacement. I'm okay going by myself if that will work.

You will be fine. They arent going to deny you boarding. They will refund your roommates taxes and port fees.

Edited by ryano

Just wondering could they up her price because she is technically a solo cruiser?

I do know we had 4 booked in a room and the 4th person didn't come and they refunded his port taxes but as he was sailing for free under 3/4 guest free.

I also wondered how it would work if you booked 2 in a room and 1 didn't come?

• 1 year later...
Can you tell me how this all worked out for you? My roomie is not able to go on our cruise this week & I am nervous about being charged more....

If you don't have insurance and there is no "covered reason" for the cancellation, then just go and have the roommate be a "no show." If you cancel them, then their costs go from being a "fare" to a "cancellation fee" and you could be assessed the remaining amount as a solo.

If they are a no show, then it's all good. When you check in, just tell them that the roommate is coming in on their own. If, before departure, they contact you, say that he/she missed their transportation and are not going to make it.

This all changes if your roommate is cancelling for a "covered" insurance reason. Then, they would need to cancel with the cruise line, but your insurance would cover any additional costs associated with their cancelling, if you choose to continue to go.

End of story. Enjoy your cruise.

Should be able to double your cruise points also!! Closer to next level!!

I was wondering about that and I would think, with no real clue, he would have to cancel the other person before the cruise?

Since our son didn't come and he was the 4th guest they did refund port taxes, we just checked in and said he wasn't coming.

You could call the cruise line and just as as a general question without giving your information to see what they say, but I would probably just have them be a no show.

I was wondering about that and I would think, with no real clue, he would have to cancel the other person before the cruise?

I think to get double points the one person would have to cancel and the cruise would have to be re-booked as a solo. Personally , getting the double points would not be worth the extra cost