My payment raised the price of my cruise!

Went to make an online payment today for our FOS cruise and suddenly the price of the cruise increased by almost $1800!!!! :confused: In a state of panic, since the remainder of our bill should only be a little over $2000 PLUS $500 of OBC, I called RCCL. Of course, I got the "glitch in the system" line but will say that the person on the phone was able to work with Resolutions and straighten everything out, except that from now on I will have to call in my payments.

Has this ever happened to anyone? This is our fifth cruise with RCCL and I've never had a problem before. AND to make it worse our regular RCI Cruise Planner is on sick leave so had to talk to someone unfamiliar with our cruises.

Went to make an online payment today for our FOS cruise and suddenly the price of the cruise increased by almost $1800!!!! :confused: In a state of panic, since the remainder of our bill should only be a little over $2000 PLUS $500 of OBC, I called RCCL. Of course, I got the "glitch in the system" line but will say that the person on the phone was able to work with Resolutions and straighten everything out, except that from now on I will have to call in my payments.

Has this ever happened to anyone? This is our fifth cruise with RCCL and I've never had a problem before. AND to make it worse our regular RCI Cruise Planner is on sick leave so had to talk to someone unfamiliar with our cruises.

Yeah, this has been an issue with the website. I've encountered it myself. I just called up RCI, told them what happened and they got the correct price restored.

In my case it was 5 people in a Two bedroom Suite. I went to make the payment on the 5th person (separate booking number because of the 4 person limit), and it repriced their additional passenger price to the Solo 1st passenger price.... on a suite.

Edited by nolesrule

Yes it happened to me last fall. I got the same story - it is a glitch and was told not to click on "My Cruises". They were able to fix it for me as well.

Yes it happened to me last fall. I got the same story - it is a glitch and was told not to click on "My Cruises". They were able to fix it for me as well.

Wow, you think they'd fix this stuff by now...anyway thanks for letting me know about the "My Cruises" glitch...did not know that and neither did they mention that! I appreciate it.

It happens so often now that RCI had a warning notice on their website that says if you have a booking with any OBC, you should call to make any payments.

Edited by orville99

Rumor has it RCCL uses a 35 year old Apple II E computer for their website server. Problems like this have happened daily for the past decade and they have shown no interest in correcting the problem unfortunately.

I had one of those, was really 35 years:eek:

Its a joke that this stuff can happen. Someone else may not know that the price is wrong, and end up paying too much.

They should be forced to fix it

I had never thought about this, but honestly this has gone on long enough RCCL could easily have a class action lawsuit against them over this. It has gone on for years and years and years now. I am one of those people who are very anti-lawsuit, but honestly this one might be needed to wake them. I would bet the amount of excess money they have collected from this issue is well into the 10's of millions over the years on an issue they are fully aware of.

Rumor has it RCCL uses a 35 year old Apple II E computer for their website server. Problems like this have happened daily for the past decade and they have shown no interest in correcting the problem unfortunately.

Nah...it is a TRS80 with an acoustic coupler:D

Honestly, Im afraid to even go into that part of the website anymore. All I did one time was go into My Cruises and it repriced my cruise upward of a few hundred dollars.

I have printed off current booking invoices for our cruise in April showing a ZERO balance.

I think a few months back I read about an issue where this had happened to someone but the guest did not notice. I think they had paid off he cruise before final payment date and sometime between then and the final date, an additional balance magically appeared. When final payment date came and went and the amount was not paid, I think RCCL cancelled the cruise.

I am pretty sure I read that here somewhere, but I might be dreaming...

I think a few months back I read about an issue where this had happened to someone but the guest did not notice. I think they had paid off he cruise before final payment date and sometime between then and the final date, an additional balance magically appeared. When final payment date came and went and the amount was not paid, I think RCCL cancelled the cruise.

I am pretty sure I read that here somewhere, but I might be dreaming...

This is exactly what I am worried could happen. I always print out the confirmations and will continue to check. I am now signing in at Crown & Anchor then clicking on "my reservations" on the right side of that screen just to avoid clicking on "my cruises" at the top of the regular RCCL page, hoping this way the reservation won't get messed up again.

I never use my cruises. I log in to the site, which then shows my cruise on the left side of the screen. Then I click on the top line(the date of the cruise, which gets you to the right cruise. I made a final payment last night, and now my amount due shows$00.00. They sent me a conformation immediately on a PDF which showed all my cruise payments and history of them.

Yeah, this has been an issue with the website. I've encountered it myself. I just called up RCI, told them what happened and they got the correct price restored.

In my case it was 5 people in a Two bedroom Suite. I went to make the payment on the 5th person (separate booking number because of the 4 person limit), and it repriced their additional passenger price to the Solo 1st passenger price.... on a suite.

No, but just want to say I absolutely think its bizarre that Royal can't have one reservation for their cabin that supposedly holds eight. We had the two b/d suite in October and what a hassle just to try and keep them linked. They kept wanting to drop our fifth person.

I was told they were using a Commodore 64....hmm.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app