Trident Grille on the Crown question

PekingeseLady

I noticed on a recent 7 day patter to Mexico. The Trident Grille is open 11am-6pm then again for 6pm-11pm with (smokehouse BBQ). Can someone tell me what they serve in the afternoon then how it changes for evenings. Thanks in advance! :D

In the afternoon they serve:

Burgers

Fries

Grilled Chicken

Big Hot Dogs

Brats

Garden Burger

Here are a few photos of the alternating menus for the Smokehouse BBQ at Trident Grill, along with a photo of the ribs and one of the brisket sandwich. The food was OK, but I've definitely had better BBQ.

14265013981_a413711637_z.jpg

14008899812_53df3b3baa_z.jpg

14008909091_a04f3cff17_z.jpg

14032099303_5617bafea8_z.jpg

Oh, man... I'm going to the Trident Grill some night for dinner. :)

Me too.. :)

I've must have missed this or never looked after 6:00pm, that photo of the brisket sandwich looks pretty good.

Wonder if this is this ship or itinerary specific or fleet wide ??

Srpilo

Me too.. :)

I've must have missed this or never looked after 6:00pm, that photo of the brisket sandwich looks pretty good.

Wonder if this is this ship or itinerary specific or fleet wide ??

Srpilo

The evening BBQ was on our Golden cruise last May. It didn't look that great when we checked it out:( I think there have been some threads on the BBQ menu if you do a search.

I think there have been some threads on the BBQ menu if you do a search.
There are no real menus. They just have a sign each evening at the entrance to the Trident Grill, showing the Smokehouse BBB offerings for that evening. I posted those in Post 5 above.

There are no real menus. They just have a sign each evening at the entrance to the Trident Grill, showing the Smokehouse BBB offerings for that evening. I posted those in Post 5 above.

Ok....menu board, offerings, whatever, I just meant there were some threads last year about the new BBQ. Here's one http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031698&highlight=bbq+trident+grill

I'm well aware of how the BBQ items are displayed; as I said in my post, it was offered last year on our Alaska cruise.

The Brisket and pulled pork are AMAZING... I am true BBQ fan and I was really impressed. I was bummed that I discovered it only on day 6 of a 7 day cruise...

Really good.. and great late night after dinner snack... or dinner when you get back to the ship (we were in Victoria and got back on the ship at like 9pm)

Barbequing is a method of cooking meat slowly at a low, (200 - 250 degrees), temperature using smoke from a wood burning fire. I seriously doubt that any cruise ship has a wood burning fire for slow cooking. They should call what they serve Simulated BBQ.

What I saw at the Royal's Trident Grill was beef & ribs that were boiled then coated in a dryrub & broiled. There wasn't any BBQ sauce but based on the photos it may have changed & will try it on the Regal. :)

I noticed on a recent 7 day patter to Mexico. The Trident Grille is open 11am-6pm then again for 6pm-11pm with (smokehouse BBQ). Can someone tell me what they serve in the afternoon then how it changes for evenings. Thanks in advance! :D

We will be sailing on the CROWN for the 1st time this weekend. We have been on the GOLDEN many times and in the Trident Grill in the afternoon, they serve hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, and also pizza....We love their hot dogs, as we try to limit how many we eat at home...lol

I didn't even know about the BBQ and I've been so good, looking up things before our cruise, so I'll be in the know. Now I'm even more excited for our first cruise. Thank you. Let's keep my weight gain to only ten pounds. Hopefully.

I didn't even know about the BBQ and I've been so good, looking up things before our cruise, so I'll be in the know. Now I'm even more excited for our first cruise. Thank you. Let's keep my weight gain to only ten pounds. Hopefully.

JamMouse,

Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! You will love the Crown and I am sure you will be hooked. If you are planning on taking another cruise in the next 2 years. Go the the "Future Cruise Credit Desk" You pay a small fee for a future cruise. At a later date when you book your cruise you don't pay a deposit and the amount you spent for the Future Cruise Credit is giving back to you in On Board Credit. It is a win win.

Take a lot of pictures so you can look back and remember how much fun you had.

Lin

Is the Trident grille a specialty restaurant?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its a grill located outside near the pool. Plastic tables and chairs to sit down or take it back to your lounger.

On most ships its starboard side Trident Grill port side Pizza counter.