Docking in Cozumel? What pier?

joybaby

Thanks, anything exciting to do at that port?

Both times I have been we just went downtown to the shops for a while. There is a great dolphin swim at Chankanaab park and also Mr Sanchos Beach club and Nachi Cocom both of which are all inclusive places that come highly recommended.

We will probably go to Mr Sanchos in April.

Both times I have been we just went downtown to the shops for a while. There is a great dolphin swim at Chankanaab park and also Mr Sanchos Beach club and Nachi Cocom both of which are all inclusive places that come highly recommended.

We will probably go to Mr Sanchos in April.

Are there any shops at the pier?

Sailing on the Explorer Feb. 21. What pier does RCCL dock at?

We love Puerto Maya (Carnival uses that) since it has Pancho's Back Yard.:)

Thanks in Advance!

Joyce

The International Pier is right next to Puerta Maya. We usually walk over there from the International Pier and have lunch at Pancho's Backyard and enjoy the nicer shops there as well!

Edited by Scotty G

The International Pier is right next to Puerta Maya. We usually walk over there from the International Pier and have lunch at Pancho's Backyard and enjoy the nicer shops there as well!

We're going to one of the all-inclusives for the day, so I'm worried about time. When you say "right next to" Puerta Maya, is that like a 2 minute walk? I'm kind of a dorky planner. :eek:

Thanks, anything exciting to do at that port?

Since you mentioned Panchos, there is the Senor Frogs. The two PIERS are about a half mile walk from each other, so they are same port and same excursions available. We had tour operators drop us off at the wrong pier and had to walk between then.

Below is a pic of a Carnival ship at their pier and a Royal ship at theirs.

cozumel.jpg

Edited by BillOh

We're going to one of the all-inclusives for the day, so I'm worried about time. When you say "right next to" Puerta Maya, is that like a 2 minute walk? I'm kind of a dorky planner. :eek:

The picture above says it all - thanks BillOh. Getting a taxi at the International pier means standing in line for the taxi. Can be a slight wait.

We have gone to the Money Bar and it has the best snorkelling - several snorkel excursions go to that beach area. No cover and great food. We have never used a package and used our own gear for snorkelling.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

Edited by Scotty G

The picture above says it all - thanks BillOh. Getting a taxi at the International pier means standing in line for the taxi. Can be a slight wait.

We have gone to the Money Bar and it has the best snorkelling - several snorkel excursions go to that beach area. No cover and great food. We have never used a package and used our own gear for snorkelling.

http://moneybarbeachclub.com/

We're going to Papito's---finally decided on that over Money Bar (for various reasons--I'm sure I would be happy anywhere). Transportation is included so maybe I'll have them drop us off at Puerta Maya on the way back. Thank you ---very helpful with pics and information!

Edited by bluegirlum

Pancho's Backyard is actually just beyond the Punta Langosta cruise terminal (not Puerta Maya), and about 3.3 miles from the International Pier. I've done the walk one-way, but unless you're an avid walker, I would recommend getting a cab.

Pancho's Backyard is actually just beyond the Punta Langosta cruise terminal (not Puerta Maya), and about 3.3 miles from the International Pier. I've done the walk one-way, but unless you're an avid walker, I would recommend getting a cab.

There are two Pancho's Backyard restaurants in Cozumel. The original is in town and the other is at the Carnival pier. It can be seen in the picture provided by BillOh above.

It is at the water side of the white rectangular building near the small pier used by excursion boats. Under the same owner as the original.

We have been there many times and it is just a 5 minute walk. You can judge that from BillOh's photo. The hardest part is getting through the maze at the International Pier shops. ;)

Here is our favorite waiter Marco. A really great guy and father!!!

IMG_20140208_144520959.jpg

Edited by Scotty G
Clarify

It's about a 5 minute walk- maybe 10- it probably takes 5 minutes to get out of the port area at the International Pier