Just off 3rd trip the Oasis. Total lack of wow

rt1092

Just off today. Lack of any WOW except for Carmella our stateroom attendant.

Seems like the rumors that royal isn't catering to repeat customers is true.

The concierge lounge now hosts all from diamond up (no specific diamond lounge) At ten minutes after 5 you can't even get a seat. We asked the staff about it they said try upstairs. I told them fine you carry my wheelchair bound mother in law up and down the stairs, and look for a seat

In the past they have always open satellite lounges for the overflow. Not any more.

The food and dining room service was so-so. Not poor just acceptable.

They schedule the farewell show at 8:45 (one show only) so nobody that has late seating can even attend. I'm sure they hope you'll go buy a diner somewhere that night.

I ordered the same drink in 5 different bars and paid 4 different prices. When I inquired about it the bartenders said the other guy made a mistake.

The elevators and guest services were worst than I remembered.

This was our 4th trip on this class, and our last unless they come up with an almost free cruise. And if royal continues their race to the bottom. Our royal days will be over. With the prices royal is getting with their bogoho "sales" you would expect better than ncl or carnival.

Wow I am surprised although cruise lines are cutting back and I noticed you also are an experienced cruiser.

Can you tell me about the MDR food or food anywhere what you disliked most?

As far as ordering the drinks and different prices why don't you just show them the drink menu of the price your drink was suppose to be, they are at all the bars?

What exactly was wrong with the elevators?

Shows hate them so no issue for us but so sorry you were disappointed on your cruise.

I was booked in May on the Oasis and decided to change to the Valor because we wanted 8 nights and to go to the southern caribbean, you making me happy that I made the change.

The concierge lounge now hosts all from diamond up (no specific diamond lounge) At ten minutes after 5 you can't even get a seat. We asked the staff about it they said try upstairs. I told them fine you carry my wheelchair bound mother in law up and down the stairs, and look for a seat

In the past they have always open satellite lounges for the overflow. Not any more.

They schedule the farewell show at 8:45 (one show only) so nobody that has late seating can even attend. I'm sure they hope you'll go buy a diner somewhere that night.

I ordered the same drink in 5 different bars and paid 4 different prices. When I inquired about it the bartenders said the other guy made a mistake.

This was our 4th trip on this class, and our last unless they come up with an almost free cruise. And if royal continues their race to the bottom. Our royal days will be over. With the prices royal is getting with their bogoho "sales" you would expect better than ncl or carnival.

Ugh. Did that staff member really deserve that rude remark from you? It's not their fault.

Wow I am surprised although cruise lines are cutting back and I noticed you also are an experienced cruiser.

As far as ordering the drinks and different prices why don't you just show them the drink menu of the price your drink was suppose to be, they are at all the bars?

Shows hate them so no issue for us but so sorry you were disappointed on your cruise.

I was booked in May on the Oasis and decided to change to the Valor because we wanted 8 nights and to go to the southern caribbean, you making me happy that I made the change.

The Bar Menu's no longer show pricing...

Ugh. Did that staff member really deserve that rude remark from you? It's not their fault.

You can't fix stupid. He could obviously see my mother-in-law was in a wheel chair.

To tell us to look upstairs was rude to me.

Just a thought, I'm wondering perhaps after sailing so many times with Royal, things are just becoming 'the norm' or as expected. (Hopefully not worse)

After seven sailings with RCI (last cruise on the Allure) there was no WOW for us either, and that was the first time on Oasis class.

The MDR was okay, nothing special put perfectly acceptable.

Noticed the same thing about the farewell show, only one performance.

Regarding drinks prices, I've noticed the occasional discrepancy. All the bar menus on the Allure (with the exception of Boleros) have no prices!!

Menus are geared for premium drinks package.

Edited by icsys

Are you diamond and up? Did you know about the 3 free drinks that you can get at any bar on the ship. This is the reason that they eliminated the overflow lounge.

The food and service in the MDR were okay. They were totally unfriendly in the park cafe. I was getting a salad about ten minutes before their closing time. And there were about ten pieces of lettuce floating in water. in the tray. I asked for fresh lettuce. A heard a remark in spanish and she went and got another tray. I ordered 2 panini sandwiches, they gave me a beeper to tell me when they were ready. After waiting a long time I went up to ask about them they told me "they weren't done yet, and that they would beep when done" He decided to show me them. He took the top off the grill and they were burned to a crisp. He then proceeded to put them on a plate and give them to me.

There has been a problem with empty elevators passing the floors a crowded ones stopping. Plus a lot has to do with the clientele, which roayal has no control over.

We just got off oasis today also. Sorry but the change from concierge lounge to diamond lounge is a big demotion. The buy one get one free specialty discont at the specialty retaurants the first and 2nd night if the cruise? Anyone can get 50% off so what's the big deal about this so called perk anymore? We were told this when making our reservation at Giovanni's table

Are you diamond and up? Did you know about the 3 free drinks that you can get at any bar on the ship. This is the reason that they eliminated the overflow lounge.

A little past diamond almost half way to pineapple. I rarely even order alcohol in the concierge lounge. I don't start drinking till after dinner. But I like to have a "can" of diet coke. Not the cough syrup that they give you out of the tap. We go to the lounge for a few appetizers between lunch at 2 or so and dinner at 8:30. Between 5 and 5:30 the options for food are limited.

We just got off oasis today also. Sorry but the change from concierge lounge to diamond lounge is a big demotion. The buy one get one free specialty discont at the specialty retaurants the first and 2nd night if the cruise? Anyone can get 50% off so what's the big deal about this so called perk anymore? We were told this when making our reservation at Giovanni's table

I hear you ... after many years of being loyal to Royal and to finally make it to D+ then to feel demoted is not what most expected :(

I have to agree that the food in the MDR is just ok...this is why when we go on ships we dine at specialty restaurants, to get better quality/selection/variety.

Regarding the pan ini's...if that happened to me, I put the dish they handed you down and order another three or hand them that dish and say you don't want burnt sandwiches that they can have it and you wait for three more that are edible to eat. That was rude totally. If I couldn't get new sandwiches because they were closing I simply slide the dish towards them to make my statement and leave and go to promenade and get something else.

We never had any issues on the elevators on the Allure...yes, some people are just plain stupid don't allow people to get out before they get in. Sometimes I just want to say to such people "are you that dumb".

I have to agree that the food in the MDR is just ok...this is why when we go on ships we dine at specialty restaurants, to get better quality/selection/variety.

Regarding the pan ini's...if that happened to me, I put the dish they handed you down and order another three or hand them that dish and say you don't want burnt sandwiches that they can have it and you wait for three more that are edible to eat. That was rude totally. If I couldn't get new sandwiches because they were closing I simply slide the dish towards them to make my statement and leave and go to promenade and get something else.

We never had any issues on the elevators on the Allure...yes, some people are just plain stupid don't allow people to get out before they get in. Sometimes I just want to say to such people "are you that dumb".

I appreciate totally that it is your choice to dine at speciality restaurants, but the reason you give shouldn't be the reason.

Food is one of the mainstays that cruising is about and because the food in the MDR's is becoming average shouldn't mean you have to pay extra just to get better food or a better selection. You should get good food with lots of choice in MDR's and buffet restaurants - we all pay for this.

It makes me really sad the way cruising is moving :(

When it was first reported that Royal removed drink prices from menus I emailed them and the response I got was it was a mistake from the printer and new menus with prices would be back onboard. What a load of bull. They must think their guests are stupid. :rolleyes:

The hour from 5 pm to 6 pm is the cocktail hour for all those people on main dining, so it is crowded during that hour. It will be more crowded and frustrating for staff if the late diners show up the lounge at 5:10 acting surprised when seats are taken.

If you do not mind the crowd, fine,go join the crowd at 5:10. If you do not want the crowd, it likely will dissipate if you wait until the early diners leave for their 6 pm dinner. meanwhile, there are other lounges. there are other places to eat (Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, room service). Or pick up something form WJ a little earlier or in the DL a little later. really, there are not a lot of starving people on cruise ships.

Edited by Starry Eyes

The hour from 5 pm to 6 pm is the cocktail hour for all those people on main dining, so it is crowded during that hour. It will be more crowded and frustrating for staff if the late diners show up the lounge at 5:10 acting surprised when seats are taken.

If you do not mind the crowd, fine,go join the crowd at 5:10. If you do not want the crowd, it likely will dissipate if you wait until the early diners leave for their 6 pm dinner. meanwhile, there are other lounges. there are other places to eat (Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, room service). Or pick up something form WJ a little earlier or in the DL a little later. really, there are not a lot of starving people on cruise ships.

I think the point is Royal has ensured an overcrowd situation by shutting down the new Diamond Lounge, barring Loyalty guests from the Suite Lounge, and putting all loyalty guests into one lounge.

When it was first reported that Royal removed drink prices from menus I emailed them and the response I got was it was a mistake from the printer and new menus with prices would be back onboard. What a load of bull. They must think their guests are stupid. :rolleyes:

I agree