Corkage Fee?

ricki

And if you don't finish the bottle at one meal they will store it for you and bring it to wherever you are dining the next evening. No extra charge. I always bring at least a dozen bottles on board in order to drink what I prefer and it's much cheaper even with the corkage fee than anything even remotely comparable on their list.

And if you don't finish the bottle at one meal they will store it for you and bring it to wherever you are dining the next evening. No extra charge. I always bring at least a dozen bottles on board in order to drink what I prefer and it's much cheaper even with the corkage fee than anything even remotely comparable on their list.

Thank you, Wripro! We are planning to do just that! On our other Oceania sailings, we bought the package, but found we felt forced to drink more than we like just because we had purchased it.

Ricki

Ricki, Your so right about that---us too.

Rick

Isn't that odd? If you came back from a cruise and I asked you if you thought that you had eaten your monies worth, you would probably think that it was an odd question.

Yet liquor seems to hold a special place in peoples' hearts......or pocket books.....or do I mean livers? :confused:

A theoretical question.

If you exchange the 6 complimentary bottles of liquor (like the ones you get in an Oceania/Vista/Owners Suite) for 6 bottles of wine - do you have to pay corkage when you consume them with dinner in one of the restaurants?

A theoretical question.

If you exchange the 6 complimentary bottles of liquor (like the ones you get in an Oceania/Vista/Owners Suite) for 6 bottles of wine - do you have to pay corkage when you consume them with dinner in one of the restaurants?

No you won't.

There is never any corkage charged on any wine which is supplied by Oceania.

Thank you.

I guess it is only fair. How do they know it is from your suite or do they just take your word for it?

Firstly, their wine has inventory markings on the labels, secondarily, you would not bring the wine from your suite into the Dining Room, your Butler would handle that.

Edited by StanandJim

...secondarily, you would not bring the wine from your suite into the Dining Room, your Butler would handle that.

I see that I have a lot to learn yet :D

Next time I'll watch Downton Abbey more carefuly :D

Edited by Paulchili

Firstly, their wine has inventory markings on the labels, secondarily, you would not bring the wine from your suite into the Dining Room, your Butler would handle that.

S/J, I only learned that when Howard went back to the room to bring a bottle to the table and he returned with the butler. After that we figured out that he would bring our bottles (whether provided by the ship or by us) to the table.

So we had a number of cruises where we brought our own wine to the table ...

Not that I mind bringing my own bottle to the table! But it did become convenient when the wine was in the room and we were in the restaurant.

Mura

Our Dec 2014 cruise on Marina, our TA gifted our party with 2 bottles each cabin (4 bottles total). We were not in cabins with butlers. We enjoyed one bottle in-room and the other 3 bottles at dinners. We hand-carried the bottles and there was no corkage. They even exchanged the room-temp gift bubbly for a pre-chilled bottle one evening.

We have found that if you bring "special" bottles, you get to know the wine staff quickly and they will happily do anything they can to help you enjoy your wine. For example, if you are particular about decanting ahead of time, that can be arranged - just check with the appropriate restaurant's staff a day ahead or so to set up a mutually agreeable time to hand over your bottle.

Related topic, if you are in a cabin without a bar set-up, room service can bring you whichever glasses you wish - from the room service glassware, not the La Reserve Riedels ;) No need to order food, you can request glasses on their own.

Edited by babysteps

You can even exchange the bottle of champagne in your suite for a bottle of wine with no corkage charge because they supplied it. though then you'd have to drink the less than stellar wine they provide.

Not any more. As of 2/1/15 they have stopped that arrangement. Just back from Riviera and many, many passengers upset. Waiter said, "New company, new rules!" We were told too many bottles being exchanged and they did not know what to do with all the champagne.

I suggested they offer a choice at final booking of champagne, red or white wine. If you can select your bed arrangement why not welcome bottle!

We will see what happens.

Not any more. As of 2/1/15 they have stopped that arrangement. Just back from Riviera and many, many passengers upset. Waiter said, "New company, new rules!" We were told too many bottles being exchanged and they did not know what to do with all the champagne.

(underlining mine)

That and now this (quote from Pinotlover's post):

"Huge changes with the specialties reservations system now. Everything people thought they knew, and that has been printed here in the past, is now changed. Will try to make posting with new heading soon on the issue soon."

I am wondering - is this NCL at work?

Edited by Paulchili

(underlining mine)

That and now this (quote from Pinotlover's post):

"Huge changes with the specialties reservations system now. Everything people thought they knew, and that has been printed here in the past, is now changed. Will try to make posting with new heading soon on the issue soon."

I am wondering - is this NCL at work?

I am waiting to hear about the new changes :eek: