New Concerns About Quality

drfun48

You are stating the obvious about why I give it "enough" and blow off cruise critic except when I've got a cruise coming. Most people in here are crazy, worrying about piddly things.

Hilarious post...spoofing the spoofers with mock indignation...I hope.

Thanks for the laugh :D I am on the Reflection at this moment and will try to keep from scowling and growling at the ice cream toppings when I walk by.....does anyone wish me to examine the w & w's at lunchtime today and report back? I will demand more black jelly beans and may even carry a sign in protest if necessary. I've got your back fellow CCers....;)

There's always a shortage of jelly beans, especially black ones, when I'm around:confused:, not sure why that happens.

Just for fun I asked the server for 20 black jelly beans and he was starting to get them when I insisted that I was just kidding . ( I really would have enjoyed them but truly I was not serious)

Who cares about the Candy... Celebrity must do something to prevent my ice cream from melting when I leave it on my lounge chair by the pool and take off for 4 hrs....

You bowl hogs drive me crazy! If you guys didn't hog your ice cream bowls for hours on the pool chairs there would be plenty of bowls for everyone to use! But no, you have to hog a bowl even when you're not even eating out of it!:mad:

Last cruise I watched a bowl sitting on a chair for 2 hours and finally got a bus boy to get it and clean it out for me so I could get some ice cream. I no sooner start eating my ice cream and this lady comes along and starts screaming that I too "her" bowl and demanding that I let her have my ice cream! We had to call security and two officers to straighten out the situation but eventually I was able to finish it.

Things like this wouldn't even be an issue if it weren't for you bowl hogs!

Edited by Lsimon

When I first started cruising in 1873 ice cream was served out of a giant brass barrel which was constantly being churned by a trained Capuchin monkey while a calliope played polka tunes. Nowadays all the brass has been replaced by fake chrome, monkeys exist only as service animals and calliopes playing Polka have gone the way the dinosaurs.

We all seem to be on the same page on this issue. Now let's see if Celebrity finally does something about the appalling decline in quality at the ice cream station. Bring back the monkeys!

WOW, you must be Zenith Class by now.

at last a really serious subject being discussed on CC

Think I would make a good cruise companion as I like my icecream unadorned but I do like Celebs icecream bar,roll on the next cruise and I shall peruse the toppings with interest, realise I could be missing out .

Sorry if I hold the line up whilst doing this.

Someone needs to put together a spreadsheet for the premium candy package. I'd like to know if I eat X number of candies a day, say a mix of M&Ms W&W's, Smarties and Skittles, but leave off the sour patch kids, am I better off staying with the classic candy package or does it pay for me to upgrade? Also, does this include candy toppings at dinner in Murano? What if I want room service candy? Is it included or do I have to pay extra?

On a more serious note the one genuine complaint I had about the Ice Cream was that it did tend to be a bit soft and melt a bit quicker than I'd like.

Excuse me, there will be no serious notes on this thread. This is only for serious stuff.......oh wait....never mind.

If this package doesn't have soor plooms, everton mints and highland toffee in it, the Brits will have to start a new thread about victimisation and a lack of recognition of the international nature of this cruise line

Someone needs to put together a spreadsheet for the premium candy package. I'd like to know if I eat X number of candies a day, say a mix of M&Ms W&W's, Smarties and Skittles, but leave off the sour patch kids, am I better off staying with the classic candy package or does it pay for me to upgrade? Also, does this include candy toppings at dinner in Murano? What if I want room service candy? Is it included or do I have to pay extra?

Geez. Am I the only one around here who couldn't care less about candy packages? I personally would rather pay by the piece and just get the bill on the last day. Since that's my preference, it's clearly the best way to handle things. :rolleyes: :D

Now that the threads about fresh oj, napkin waving,and therapy animals have been pretty much exhausted and put to bed,I think it time to address another important issue.

Has anyone else noticed the decline of the quality of candy dispensed at the ice cream station?

On my January cruise on the Equinox ,not only were an unacceptable number(20-30%) of my M&M peanuts served to me with chipped outer coatings ,but the Sour Patch Kids were dispensed with deformed torsos as if they had been mutilated in some manner.

This must be addressed or all too soon the the chocolate sprinkles will be a thing of the past.

We watchful passengers must not let this indifference to our legitimate concerns continue.

This made my day today ..LOL

The package doesn't cover jolly ranchers which is my preference for candy -- I'm switching cruise lines.

I love ice cream, but with all the eating on a cruise, I occasionally stop by for the M&Ms (now apparently they're W$Ws) but anyways on my last cruise one day, I knew they were fakes, because they melted in my hand, it was only 98 degrees out in SE Asia, but I was really disappointed. I went to complain at guest services, to ask for a massage to relive the stress, from having to wash my hands, but they only offered me hand sanitizer. You can see from my signature that since then, I have sailed with Disney, who has reall M&Ms, now I may never sail with Celebrity, again.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

I want to complain about the lack of raisins in the Rum Raisin ice cream. There was an incident where I ordered the ice cream, and only ONE raisin!

True story...

Just another example of cutbacks.

One raisin per serving of Rum ice cream.

Just wait until they eliminate the Rum...

Edited by C-Dragons

I have done a mathamatical analysis of the amount of candies provided, both before and after the change in the Classic vs. Premium Candy packages, including the ramifications of the 15% vs. 18% gratuities, & have also factored in the number of candy jars used before & after the addition of the Suites Only Candy Station, & my results show that there are virtually no changes to anything anywhere, so I really don't see why there are so many concerned with the availability of sprinkles, jimmies, M & Ms, W &Ws, & multi colored jelly beans.

Please people, why don't you wait to see how it all affects you when you board & quit yer belly aching?

Just another example of cutbacks.

One raisin per serving of Rum ice cream.

Just wait until they eliminate the Rum...

Sherry,

Karyn and I were on a cruise together and we commented on how much we love Rum Raisin ice cream so we began to get a different version every night. One night it was rum ice cream, no raisins, then it would be vanilla ice cream with raisins, then we had the one raisin night...it was different every night and we were waiting to see if we would ever get the real thing again. We still laugh about it whenever we order Rum Raisin ice cream.