Desperate customer need cruise critic friends' help !

yitao

I booked two cabins this month with RCL sales rep for March 2015 sailing on FOS with Canadian $, as they had the Ontario Residential Rate. I asked 2 invoices at that time, as one cabin is for my sister in law's family. Yesterday, I found they charged me on cabin in Canadian $ and one in US dollar with the same amount as I should pay for Canadian $, that means I need to pay $800 more with current exchange rate. It is very clear that the RCL Sale Rep made that mistake, I called RCL and they said they cannot change the currency, and I need to cancel it and rebook it. At the beginning they said I need to pay the penalty as it passed the final payment time and rebook it. I told them it is not acceptable, I did nothing wrong and told the RCL rep clearly that I want book the Canadian Res Special ( in the web site, the price was listed as Canadian $ as well ) , why I need to suffer RCL’s mistake. BTW, this is my third cruise with RCL.

Later, they got back to me said I don’t need to pay the penalty but need to rebook it, but the current price is much higher ( over $1000 ) than the price that I booked, I still could not accept it. My dearest cruise critic friends, please give me some suggestion, what I should do now, who should I talk to. We have already bought the tickets , it is a family and friend trip, we have 10 families go together to this sailing.

Thanks million in advance for your help.

Rachel

I booked two cabins this month with RCL sales rep for March 2015 sailing on FOS with Canadian $, as they had the Ontario Residential Rate. I asked 2 invoices at that time, as one cabin is for my sister in law's family. Yesterday, I found they charged me on cabin in Canadian $ and one in US dollar with the same amount as I should pay for Canadian $, that means I need to pay $800 more with current exchange rate. It is very clear that the RCL Sale Rep made that mistake, I called RCL and they said they cannot change the currency, and I need to cancel it and rebook it. At the beginning they said I need to pay the penalty as it passed the final payment time and rebook it. I told them it is not acceptable, I did nothing wrong and told the RCL rep clearly that I want book the Canadian Res Special ( in the web site, the price was listed as Canadian $ as well ) , why I need to suffer RCL’s mistake. BTW, this is my third cruise with RCL.

Later, they got back to me said I don’t need to pay the penalty but need to rebook it, but the current price is much higher ( over $1000 ) than the price that I booked, I still could not accept it. My dearest cruise critic friends, please give me some suggestion, what I should do now, who should I talk to. We have already bought the tickets , it is a family and friend trip, we have 10 families go together to this sailing.

Thanks million in advance for your help.

Rachel

Pay "under protest - all rights reserved" then bombard all high ranking executives with missives and complaints. Make it a war of otrission - Your friends will supply all the required E-mail addresses.

Didn't you get a confirm e mail within minutes of finishing the booking which would have been a signal that one of the bookings was in the wrong currency?

Clearly I would call back and ask for the resolution dept. After calling crown and anchor to see if they could help.

Pay "under protest - all rights reserved" then bombard all high ranking executives with missives and complaints. Make it a war of otrission - Your friends will supply all the required E-mail addresses.

I only checked the amount when I got the invoice, the currency shows on different place in the invoice, I thought everything should be ok since I double confirmed with the sale rep on the phone that it is Canadian dollar. :(

Call again and ask to speak with someone in resolutions.

The second offer is from the resolution team, as first offer to pay the penalty is the customer service's, and I said I can accept it, then they transferred me to resolution team, the person I talked to said that he could only make that offer now :(

The second offer is from the resolution team, as first offer to pay the penalty is the customer service's, and I said I can accept it, then they transferred me to resolution team, the person I talked to said that he could only make that offer now :(

Send an e mail to mbayley@rccl.com with all the details.

Your e mail will end up in the hands of the executive guest relations team who is able to fix things that even resolutions cannot. This is not acceptable. Keep trying.

They usually respond within a day.

Edit. Please let us know the outcome.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Send an e mail to mbayley@rccl.com with all the details.

Your e mail will end up in the hands of the executive guest relations team who is able to fix things that even resolutions cannot. This is not acceptable. Keep trying.

They usually respond within a day.

Edit. Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you very much, will send them email and let you know the outcome.

BTW, do you think it is possible to keep the current booking with the same price that I suppose to pay in Canadian $ ( e.g, the total price should be $3500 CAD, not $3500 USD)

Thanks

Rachel

Thank you very much, will send them email and let you know the outcome.

BTW, do you think it is possible to keep the current booking with the same price that I suppose to pay in Canadian $ ( e.g, the total price should be $3500 CAD, not $3500 USD)

Thanks

Rachel

That is what I would expect and nothing less than that. It was clearly an operator error as you have one of the 2 cruises you booked at the same time in CDN. Why should you have to pay any more because they made the mistake. It's also not your problem that their new computer system makes it very difficult to do any kind of manual overrides to correct issues like this.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That is what I would expect and nothing less than that. It was clearly an operator error as you have one of the 2 cruises you booked at the same time in CDN. Why should you have to pay any more because they made the mistake. It's also not your problem that their new computer system makes it very difficult to do any kind of manual overrides to correct issues like this.

Thank you very much Ken, Just finished another phone with the resolution team they said the best offer they can do is to let me cancel with out penalty and rebook it with the current rate which is $1000 more that what I currently paying or keep my booking as it is , so dis pointed with them.

I am now writing the email to the address you told me, I am coming with other 10 families for this trip and I convinced them to come to RCL and Now I get punished !

Hi Ken, Could you give me some suggestion re the email, thanks a lot.

Rachel

Hi Ken, Could you give me some suggestion re the email, thanks a lot.

Rachel

I would just present it as facts, much like you did in your first post.

Let them know what date you originally booked them, that they were both booked at the same time, you had asked that they be booked in CDN$.

Later when checking you discovered that 1 was in US funds.

You could let them know that you have contacted C&A and that there solutions were going to cost you a lot more for what was originally their mistake and hat you are reaching out to the executive offices for help in arriving at a satisfactory solution.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Sent the email to mbabley@rccl.com on Friday, have not heard back anything yet, worse to worse I will cancel the trip and post my experience to their face book.

Email Enquiries to Mr Bayley's office aren't being dealt with very quickly just now. You could wait up to a couple of weeks.

Our Cruise is next month. Can't wait several weeks for their reply. We come to this cruise with other 8 families, except my family, they are all first time RCI cruiser, I actually suggested them to try RCI, and now I am the one may not be able to go with them :(

Our Cruise is next month. Can't wait several weeks for their reply. We come to this cruise with other 8 families, except my family, they are all first time RCI cruiser, I actually suggested them to try RCI, and now I am the one may not be able to go with them :(

In that case, I hope that they will prioritise your enquiry and give you a quick response. Perhaps mine took so long because we're not cruising for a few months yet. I hope you get it sorted. Good luck!