No Setsail Pass

Creepella

We have friends that are cruising with us next month for their first cruise who booked through a TA and for this exact reason I had them go online and do the online check in, which they did and have printed out both their luggage tags and Set Sail Pass.

If they do not have the Set Sail Pass it will just take them a little longer when they check-in. :cool:

My parents' stupid TA didn't give them their Setsail pass. They have the ticket book. Can they still get on the ship?

You or your parents can print the SetSail Pass from the RCI website. Just go to Countdown To Cruise and fill in the information required. YOu have up to 3 days prior to departure to print it.

Edited by cruisenfever

When are they sailing? Normally, you can't print them out until about six weeks before sail date.

Set Sail Passes can only be printed once Final Payment has been made.

The RCI site is not letting me print the e-docs. All the info is completed for all of the pax on the resv. #. Will it print out at the terminal.

E-docs are usually issued 49 days prior to departure. Are you past that? Once they are issued, you must click on "Printable Version" in order to read them.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not all TAs are stupid, and not all of them handle the on line check in for their clients, nor will they necessarily print out the setsail pass.

As others have said, they don't really need it...they'll just need to complete the info again at check in and it will take a little longer....

Relax...all will be fine.

Set Sail Passes can only be printed once Final Payment has been made.

Now you have to wait until 90 days before the cruise. In fact the Online Check-in is not available anymore until 90 days prior to the cruise. That takes away one of my early enjoyments. :(

I see you are boarding tomorrow and your parents are with you. You have been on several rci cruises. Anyway, they will be able to check in, with some extra counter time. Did you remind them about the ssp when it was ready?

Edited by setsail

Now you have to wait until 90 days before the cruise. In fact the Online Check-in is not available anymore until 90 days prior to the cruise. That takes away one of my early enjoyments. :(

I noticed that when I tried to fill in the info on newly booked cruises. :mad:

Their TA was handling everything for them I did not get involved until I checked yesterday.

For the record, I never said all TA's were stupid.

Even if the TA was handling "everything" for them, I would not expect them to do the set sail pass for them. Especially if they were travelling with another family member. I send my clients a notice that their online documents are ready for completion and send a link to those documents. I also indicate that if there are any issues to call me. I would not presume to complete them without the client's explicit instructions.

If you are sailing with them, did you ask them about their set sail pass? I wonder why you only found this out a day or so before sailing.

YOu have up to 3 days prior to departure to print it.

After this the reservation goes MIA correct? IIRC, I've read posts from people who couldn't view their reservation this close to their sail date.

I haven't printed out my docs yet and don't want to miss the cut off print date. We sail in 16 days.

After this the reservation goes MIA correct? IIRC, I've read posts from people who couldn't view their reservation this close to their sail date.

I haven't printed out my docs yet and don't want to miss the cut off print date. We sail in 16 days.

That's correct. You have up to 3 days prior to departure than it will let you know that you cannot print it off.

You can print the SetSail Pass anytime after final payment.