Good news for the lady who was affronted by RC's use of foil-wrapped butter!

Merion_Mom

Was it still rock hard?

When it was wrapped, if needed, you could hold it in your hand to thaw it a bit. No can do with the straight up butter pat. :D

Edit: I never liked unwrapping the tin foil butter.

Edited by A&L_Ont

We were on a cruise and sitting at dinner with another couple we did not know and after the first night we never used the butter if she was at the table. She would take her roll and dip it in the butter after every bite. In all the cruises we have done this was the first for this and the worst table mates we every had. There is nothing wrong with the wrapped butter pats in my mind.

We were on a cruise and sitting at dinner with another couple we did not know and after the first night we never used the butter if she was at the table. She would take her roll and dip it in the butter after every bite. In all the cruises we have done this was the first for this and the worst table mates we every had. There is nothing wrong with the wrapped butter pats in my mind.

At that point, I would have asked for the head waiter and another seating arrangement. And, I would have explained why.

At that point, I would have asked for the head waiter and another seating arrangement. And, I would have explained why.

I would have dipped my roll in her soup and then winked at her.

Edited by Yorkvillain

And this is why we have foil wrapped butter and I agree nothing wrong with it

We need a like button

OMG Tim, too funny. Good thing I didn't fish the lime out of your drink in the RTB. I could only imagine your reaction.

If I remember correctly you and Courtney will soon be boarding Quantum. Have an amazing time. We are counting the days till Allure in March and with how cold it is it can come soon enough.

Edited by A&L_Ont

OMG Tim, too funny. Good thing I didn't fish the lime out of your drink in the RTB. I could only imagine your reaction.

If I remember correctly you and Courtney will soon be boarding Quantum. Have an amazing time. We are counting the days till Allure in March and with how cold it is it can come soon enough.

Haha, yes! We're going on the Quantum this Friday. I wonder if Merion Mom will still be on board?

Have fun on the Allure, and give Lisa my best.

Edited by Yorkvillain

That's real pretty...but how long till "Bubba" from the farm reaches in with his fingers & fishes out a few of them bad boys...just sayin...:eek:

WOW that's not very nice kind of judgmental maybe Bubba from the farm is a really nice educated person:eek:

That's real pretty...but how long till "Bubba" from the farm reaches in with his fingers & fishes out a few of them bad boys...just sayin...:eek:

I don't live full time at my ranch, but can honestly say most of the folks I know from out there have far better manners than many of the city folk whom I am surrounded by most of my week. Doubt any of my neighbors out there would stick their bare fingers on the butter...pop out their switchblade to pick it up maybe (JK)...they'd use their fork or knife to get a pat and put in on their plate.

To the one who spent a week watching fellow table mates mash their bread in the communal butter...so sorry that someone messed up the meals for you. I agree with the advice to have head waiter change your table, or perhaps give her a private butter and everyone else a separate one to share.

I personally tend to like a table for just my family. In a few weeks likely will be taking mom on a cruise and she always wants to sit at a table with many...which can be solved by going specialty dining every night.

:eek:

I have nothing against wrapped butter either, especially with the hygeine habits of some passengers (yes, I was just reading the latest Noro thread :p )

They used to put either a butter knife or a small pair of tongs to transfer the butter balls from the dish to your bread plate. I wish they still provided something for getting the foil packets out of the dish to your plate. More hygienic than just reaching into the common bowl!

What kind of attitude is this against persons working on a farm? Does this reflect your view upon farmers in general?

No need to look down on hard working farmers. Be thankful for their work. Without them it would not be too much butter on that table..

(I am not a farmer myself, but I am so tried of seeing others talking farmers down)

Edited by RealNorwegianCruiser
praise of the farmer!

Now that's funny, and I can picture "Bubba/Bubbette" doing just that. Gross :eek::eek::eek:.

Now that's funny, and I can picture "Bubba/Bubbette" doing just that. Gross :eek::eek::eek:.

I'm from Oklahoma and I live in Alabama. I know a lot of bubba's and Bubbette's and I do not know a single one who would use their fingers to take butter out of a dish. Their pocket knife maybe but not their fingers.