What's this for?

erniesband

I'm sure others have debated what this thing was used for. Our room steward says it was for kleenex back when they used small boxes, others have speculated it's for something that has to do with a feminine hygiene product. What's your guess.

<a href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7299/16563230962_1bc33ef360_z.jpg' alt='16563230962_1bc33ef360_z.jpg'>DSCF0691 by erniesband, on Flickr[/img]

These are in all the bathrooms on Jewel.

I think your steward knows what he's talking about and you know nothing about feminine hygiene products. LOL.:rolleyes:

It was one of the women in our group that made the suggestion.

I didn't say I was the one thinking feminine hygiene products but to tell the truth I know more than I need to about them. Did you know that mini-pads make a good emergency muffler on your snare drum in the recording studio? I do. :eek:

Definitely a tissue box holder.

As a nurse - panty liners make great emergency dressings, when there is a cut involved.

I worked with a woman who used panty liners as padding and deodorizers for her shoes...I only found out when I went behind her desk to do something and kicked over one of her spare shoes...then again she also used paper clips to clip her dress straps to her bra so it wouldn't show, so........:eek::rolleyes:

I think it relates to feminine hygiene. It is for small plastic bags so when things are discarded they are wrapped.

Regards John

I suspect you may be right. Consider https://www.google.ca/search?q=dispenser+feminine+hygiene+bag&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=4S_kVKuRFtfGsQTDmILQBQ&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1457&bih=943. Perhaps not the plastic part. As I suspect the holder is from an earlier time before biodegradable plastics.

No. Feminine hygiene products are not wrapped in plastic bags for disposal but rather, paper bags.

There are biodegradable plastic bags sold for this use. http://www.scensiblesource.com/

I'm sure others have debated what this thing was used for. Our room steward says it was for kleenex back when they used small boxes, others have speculated it's for something that has to do with a feminine hygiene product. What's your guess.

<a href=https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7299/16563230962_1bc33ef360_z.jpg' alt='16563230962_1bc33ef360_z.jpg'>DSCF0691 by erniesband, on Flickr[/img]

If you are talking about that metal round thing under the counter (where the tissue box is installed with paper), it defenately is for those little plastic bags where ladies are supposed to input used feminine hygiene things before putting that bag into the waste. It is to protect the cleaner from touching - you know what.

I see them a lot in hotels still in use. Nowadays those are not plastic bags, but the material is some bio-thingy (dont know the right word in English, sorry).

Wonder why they stopped filling in those on ships. Maybe a cost thing. But it would be more hygienic for those cleaning the waste bins. And maybe also minimize the amount of feminine hygienic products thrown into the toilet, which possibly may cause blocking the drains onboard.

I think it relates to feminine hygiene. It is for small plastic bags so when things are discarded they are wrapped.

Correct!

Todays they do have the (long) paper bags which don´t fit into this "dispenser" anymore. The plastic bags are sort of folded up.

steamboats

I think your steward knows what he's talking about and you know nothing about feminine hygiene products. LOL.:rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha ! I love how this has evolved..... We used to have a relative, who raised Boxers. When they had their ears done, they would stabilize them up straight with tampons while they healed. :eek:

I don't think it's for feminine products. Those were oblong bags that were in a holder upright, I've never fished it out of a round hole...and believe me, I always have the worst luck timing wise on a cruise. :( Those definitely look like they are for the old size square/small tissues like you still see in hospitals.

Edited by reney313

If you are talking about that metal round thing under the counter (where the tissue box is installed with paper), it defenately is for those little plastic bags where ladies are supposed to input used feminine hygiene things before putting that bag into the waste. It is to protect the cleaner from touching - you know what.

I see them a lot in hotels still in use. Nowadays those are not plastic bags, but the material is some bio-thingy (dont know the right word in English, sorry).

Wonder why they stopped filling in those on ships. Maybe a cost thing. But it would be more hygienic for those cleaning the waste bins. And maybe also minimize the amount of feminine hygienic products thrown into the toilet, which possibly may cause blocking the drains onboard.

Yep, the metal thing with the round hole.

Keep those guesses coming! But this seems to be the most logical explanation to date.

By George you got it. Congratulations. Now I need to get this to the Staff on the Jewel because they had no idea

Check this out https://www.google.ca/search?q=dispe...w=1457&bih=943

Hand sanitizers and for cleaning the counters and door knobs. I Was wrong again. Oh. Well. " I am a Man, I can Change if I have to" Red Green Show quote.

Edited by Folk Singer