FCC Expires when?

RocketMan275

So true, but I tend to book rather far out so I needed to know how long they were good for.

A key point with the new FCCs is that it's a 2 year "book by" date, so your cruise date could be more than a year past that date.

The old FCCs had a 4 year "sail by" date.

If you don't have the "book by" date handy, you can view it on your My Princess site. Under the "Circle Savings Account" option (left side) you can view your FCCs & their "book by" dates.

We keep several FCCs in our account after years ago not realizing we could purchase multiple FCCs; we lost a combined $300 of OBC & it was an expensive lesson. :o

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 4 weeks later...
A key point with the new FCCs is that it's a 2 year "book by" date, so your cruise date could be more than a year past that date.

The old FCCs had a 4 year "sail by" date.

Can someone tell me when this change took place? My friend booked a FCC on our last cruise together in January 2012. We are looking at a cruise at the end of this year, so I hope it's still good.

Can someone tell me when this change took place? My friend booked a FCC on our last cruise together in January 2012. We are looking at a cruise at the end of this year, so I hope it's still good.

It changed at about that time & both of mine purchased last year say to "book" by the date 2 years later & not to "sail" by.

I haven't gotten close to the expiration date but have read many posts saying that by calling Princess they will extend it for another 2 years. The reason I've read for the change was the difficulty refunding to a charge card which after 4 years may not be valid.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Check your "book by" date (as explained above). If you are going to be close, call Princess and ask for a 2 year extension.

The 2 year expiration started with FCCs purchased after March 9, 2012.

There was also another change to FCCs on August, 2012.

Princess added OBC for 3 to 6 day cruises:

$15pp for inside & outside

$25pp balcony & suites

The 2 year expiration started with FCCs purchased after March 9, 2012.

There was also another change to FCCs on August, 2012.

Princess added OBC for 3 to 6 day cruises:

$15pp for inside & outside

$25pp balcony & suites

Actually the change in March of 2012 was to reduce the amount of OBC in many cases. For example, making oceanview the same amount as inside and changing the breakpoints so that 10 day and 16 day cruises resulted in less OBC. These FCCs were still valid for four years.

The change to 2 years from 4 was made in September of 2012.

Edited by caribill

Actually the change in March of 2012 was to reduce the amount of OBC in many cases. For example, making oceanview the same amount as inside and changing the breakpoints so that 10 day and 16 day cruises resulted in less OBC. These FCCs were still valid for four years.

The change to 2 years from 4 was made in September of 2012.

Good news! My friend's FCC booked in January of 2012 was still active and we are now booked on a November 2015 cruise. Now that we are both retired hopefully we will be taking cruises more often than every 4 years.

If you don't have the "book by" date handy, you can view it on your My Princess site. Under the "Circle Savings Account" option (left side) you can view your FCCs & their "book by" dates.

We keep several FCCs in our account after years ago not realizing we could purchase multiple FCCs; we lost a combined $300 of OBC & it was an expensive lesson. :o

I'm confused how multiple FCC would help you - can't you only use one FCC per cruise? Or are you just meaning that you had several scheduled cruises and could only use one FCC on one of them, so that is how you "lost" $300?

I'm confused how multiple FCC would help you - can't you only use one FCC per cruise? Or are you just meaning that you had several scheduled cruises and could only use one FCC on one of them, so that is how you "lost" $300?

They didn't have an FCC to use when they booked a cruise, and so missed out on $150 OBC each. We were caught that way one time too, but managed to cancel and rebook the cruise after we had a chance to cruise and purchase FCCs. But the fare had gone up a bit, so it was still a lesson learned. Now we always have a lot of FCCs. First, we cruise quite a bit, but we like to do B2B2B...cruises, so if we think we might do a string of cruises, we book early and hold them with FCCs. We are sometimes double booked for two cruises at the same time 20 months ahead of time. That way we know we don't have to change cabins, but can take some time figuring out which cruises we will actually take. It's just important to keep track of final payment dates , though we seldomly stay double booked right up to that date, and to make sure the deposits are not applied to a non-refundable offer.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Multiple cruises booked. ;)

They didn't have an FCC to use when they booked a cruise, and so missed out on $150 OBC each. We were caught that way one time too, but managed to cancel and rebook the cruise after we had a chance to cruise and purchase FCCs. But the fare had gone up a bit, so it was still a lesson learned.

Yes, that was our situation...a 30 day transpacific cruise. We didn't cancel & rebook because the fare increase was considerably more than the $150/pp. of lost OBC...it was a costly lesson learned. :(

Multiple cruises booked. ;)

Not in our situation...it was a 30 day transpacific cruise & we lost $150/pp. by not knowing that we could purchase multiple FCCs during a cruise. Now we have several FCCs available because we never know when a great Godfather offer will become available...an offer I can't refuse! :p

The same here. I didn't keep track of the "expiration dates", and my wife and each got FCC refund checks from Princess in January. Now in March we booked another Princess cruise, but no FCCs. Oh well, live and learn.

They apparently don't refund to the originating credit card, they just send you a check. Actually, a smarter way to do it.

The same here. I didn't keep track of the "expiration dates", and my wife and each got FCC refund checks from Princess in January. Now in March we booked another Princess cruise, but no FCCs. Oh well, live and learn.

They apparently don't refund to the originating credit card, they just send you a check. Actually, a smarter way to do it.

I was surprised to get a check rather than a credit to the original credit card that is still good.