Confusing Beverage programs RCI

Redcat

Have you seen this PDF by chance? It seems to list what's included in the various packages pretty well.

In the Select package, you get:

• Beer
  • Wines by the glass (up to $8 value)
  • Non-Alcoholic cocktails
  • Fountain soda with Coca Cola® souvenir cup
  • Enjoy 20% off bottles of wine

Edited by Daghis

Sweet works for me. As a only Carnival guy brancing out sometimes we get lost and need help from others thanks again as we continue to navigate new waters

Royal has no daily drink limit, no minimum time period between drinks, and no requirement for everyone in the stateroom to purchase the package.

Edited by clarea

No time period between? I thought there was a 15 minute limit.

My wife is thinking of getting the package to use to try to find "her" drink.

nope. that's just Carnival although of course any bartender has the right( and responsibility) to cut someone off if necessary.

I read every drink package post and just can't decide if it sill be worth it for us. Would we spend more or less with out it. The million dollar question....

I do this every time as well. since we sail in suites and have the free cocktails in the CL every night, I usually forego it.

BUT, I dunno if this is a NAV thing only or what, you could purchase the drink package the first three days. you can always 'test the waters' so to speak and see what you average consumption/cost is per drink and then make a decision based on that for the back half of the cruise.

the last time it was SO crowded in the CL it became painful. and this next cruise we have a nice hefty OBC so we may go ahead and get a package.

There is a ~15 minute refill limit on Royal Caribbean, but that only applies to self-served refills at the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines.

nope. that's just Carnival although of course any bartender has the right( and responsibility) to cut someone off if necessary.

Perfect thanks - like I said My wife wants to use it to find her drink and she will give anything she doesn't like right back. She is particular but hates "wasting" 10-15 bucks on cocktails when we are out to find her drink.

Perfect thanks - like I said My wife wants to use it to find her drink and she will give anything she doesn't like right back. She is particular but hates "wasting" 10-15 bucks on cocktails when we are out to find her drink.

instead of wasting the bartenders time( and possibly insulting them by immediately giving the drink back), and the product, she be better off asking for help in determining 'her drink' . any good bartender knows what questions to ask and can tailor a cocktail to her tastes.

I have found many new favorites by going that route.

image.jpg1_zpss50afa9j.jpg

Hopefully this isn't a "repeat" question and I won't get a virtual hand slap for asking, but......does the Ultimate package cover ANY price wine (since the chart indicates all wine and others show a price limit). Also, does it cover sparkling wines and champagnes?

Hopefully this isn't a "repeat" question and I won't get a virtual hand slap for asking, but......does the Ultimate package cover ANY price wine (since the chart indicates all wine and others show a price limit). Also, does it cover sparkling wines and champagnes?

I don't know what "All Wines" means on the chart. In reality, the Premium package has the same wine value limits as the Ultimate package.

instead of wasting the bartenders time( and possibly insulting them by immediately giving the drink back), and the product, she be better off asking for help in determining 'her drink' . any good bartender knows what questions to ask and can tailor a cocktail to her tastes.

I have found many new favorites by going that route.

You are so right! I once had a bartender ask if I liked Mojitos. When I told him no, he told me I'd like his & proceeded to make one. He was right......... I loved his Mojitos & drank many on that 13 day cruise.

The only problem is no one since has made one nearly as good....................

hi

Just wondering if this is possible my wife and i have the select package, this is great for me as i only drink beer but my wife likes cocktails is it possible to just upgrade her package and leave mine the same in the same cabin.

Hi

Trying to work out if the royal replenish package is worth it for me. Does anyone know how much they charge for cappuccinos,lattes etc if just buying the at a bar? Also how much is it for coke etc?

Here is an example from Enchantment about a year ago. Figure the prices have gone up a bit:

Enchantment_Cafe_Latte-Tudes.JPG

hi

Just wondering if this is possible my wife and i have the select package, this is great for me as i only drink beer but my wife likes cocktails is it possible to just upgrade her package and leave mine the same in the same cabin.

Yes, it is allowable to have different packages. You can upgrade hers on board by paying the difference.

I'm wondering the same thing. We just got back from a Carnival Cruise and for the 3rd time in a row, we purchased the Cheers! Program. The first two times were well worth it as we would drink Kendall Jackson Merlot (9.75/glass) or martinis (8.95). We would never come close to the 15 limit, but still came out ahead by the end of the evening. Last cruise, they raised the price of the Kendall Jackson to 10.25/glass, which is just over the $10 limit and there was no Alchemy Bar on the ship we were on. The only wines by the glass included in the program was a horrible tasting 7.25/merlot and an even worse tasting malbec for the same price. So not a good value for us on that cruise.

Now looking forward to the Navigator in June and the first time we've sailed Royal since they introduced the drink packages. As we are mostly interested in wines and are OK with the free coffee in the Promenade café and still bottle water, I don't see any reason for us to pay the difference with ultimate when it includes the same price of wines as the premium package.

Now I see this chart and wonder if only certain wines up to $12 are included in the premium and now leaning to the ultimate. All in all, not much difference in cost, but don't want to pay the extra price for the coffee, tea, and sparkling water as it would add no extra value to our cruise experience.

I'm wondering the same thing. We just got back from a Carnival Cruise and for the 3rd time in a row, we purchased the Cheers! Program. The first two times were well worth it as we would drink Kendall Jackson Merlot (9.75/glass) or martinis (8.95). We would never come close to the 15 limit, but still came out ahead by the end of the evening. Last cruise, they raised the price of the Kendall Jackson to 10.25/glass, which is just over the $10 limit and there was no Alchemy Bar on the ship we were on. The only wines by the glass included in the program was a horrible tasting 7.25/merlot and an even worse tasting malbec for the same price. So not a good value for us on that cruise.

Now looking forward to the Navigator in June and the first time we've sailed Royal since they introduced the drink packages. As we are mostly interested in wines and are OK with the free coffee in the Promenade café and still bottle water, I don't see any reason for us to pay the difference with ultimate when it includes the same price of wines as the premium package.

Now I see this chart and wonder if only certain wines up to $12 are included in the premium and now leaning to the ultimate. All in all, not much difference in cost, but don't want to pay the extra price for the coffee, tea, and sparkling water as it would add no extra value to our cruise experience.

The alcohol coverage between Ultimate and Premium is exactly the same, both cocktails, shots, booze and wine by the glass.....

If you're unsure ahead of time - just wait till you're onboard. That way, you can look at menus, check out pricing, and then compare whether any package at all works for you....

If wine is quite important, a package may not be for you in general, so you'll have wider access and no restrictions or upcharges...

These answers are great, thanks! One I have - I see non-alcoholic frozen drinks are covered in "Select", and wines up to $6. I've read here that with Select you can also get wine over $6 and just pay the difference, which is great. Does the same apply to alcoholic drinks (frozen or otherwise)? I.e. If I have Select, and want to order the occasional "labadoozie" or a pre-dinner martini, do I get a $6 credit with select too?