And What Part of "NO" don't you undertand - CB 2/26 saling

MrsFops&FopsC5

It is easy to order off menu, the only night it is impossible is the first night because requests need to be made a day in advance. We order off menu all the time, Princess does an excellent job. Talk to your Head Waiter. We eat plain fish, no seafood and special order whatever fish is available on board. When we go to the MDR on the first night we talk to our HW and work it out.

We eat plain fish, no seafood

Where do you get fish that isn't Seafood????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

We eat plain fish, no seafood

Where do you get fish that isn't Seafood????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

The difference is seafood is shell fish, we eat only fish with bones. Sometimes fish dishes prepared on ships include both seafood (shell fish) and fish. This is the reason we order plain fish, i.e., cod, halibut, seabass, etc.

I enjoy Princess but I understand it's a very moderately priced holiday, with service rated such, black card or not. If you expect every special request to be met by the chef, I suggest you investigate small scale private motor yacht charter. You're one of thousands on the ship and some graciousness (not gratuity) would go far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live from 2/26 sailing. Don't get me wrong the first 1 day and half have been wonderful. We have a great steward (GEMMA) on Dolphin who is attentive, Dexter who is in Palm Dining Room who is Asst Waiter...but everything else is "NO". I asked (mine you I "elite") for a couple of items off menu and was told the chef would not prepare. Really...I have friends that are Executive Chef's that not only have worked on cruise ships but also hold several professional designations that love the opportunity to get outside the normal "realm". How difficult is it to slice up a couple pieces of salami and hard parm and make some risotto...Really. I was told by the head waiter the chef would not make it. The menu itself tonite was not to my tastes, and furthermore no pasta was on the menu, thus I sat and drank wine for dinner. Had a bit of desert and a cup of coffee. Really Princess... is this the way you want to treat people who have "black" cards, not only us but people who you wish to entice to become future "black" card holders.

Mind you, this is not the entire staff, most have been really enjoyable but the few "rotten eggs" have made the first day and half not really wanting me to continue my loyalty to this cruiseline. I have talked to a few "in transit" passengers and have heard the same comments.

Princess, are you listening??

Just because you have a "Black"Card you are no more special than I am with my " whatever color "card. You sound so entitled!

We will be elite next cruise,I have never asked for and probably never will ask for anything "special" except extra ice in my cabin .

In fact after 25 cruises (different lines )I have never asked anyone for anything "special".

You have every right to ask but if they cannot deliver do not try to shame them on a public forum ,it back fired!

Reader

Oh my! Woke up this morning, poured a cup of coffee and looked to see if there was any news on the health of the Caribbean Princess (we board her on Monday) and find this thread. I guess if No Risotto is a major crisis on board, then Noro is not. ;) :D

Live from 2/26 sailing. Don't get me wrong the first 1 day and half have been wonderful. We have a great steward (GEMMA) on Dolphin who is attentive, Dexter who is in Palm Dining Room who is Asst Waiter...but everything else is "NO". I asked (mine you I "elite") for a couple of items off menu and was told the chef would not prepare. Really...I have friends that are Executive Chef's that not only have worked on cruise ships but also hold several professional designations that love the opportunity to get outside the normal "realm". How difficult is it to slice up a couple pieces of salami and hard parm and make some risotto...Really. I was told by the head waiter the chef would not make it. The menu itself tonite was not to my tastes, and furthermore no pasta was on the menu, thus I sat and drank wine for dinner. Had a bit of desert and a cup of coffee. Really Princess... is this the way you want to treat people who have "black" cards, not only us but people who you wish to entice to become future "black" card holders.

Mind you, this is not the entire staff, most have been really enjoyable but the few "rotten eggs" have made the first day and half not really wanting me to continue my loyalty to this cruiseline. I have talked to a few "in transit" passengers and have heard the same comments.

Seriously? :eek:

I'm sorry if people took offense to my pet, it was not intended. I don't wave my status around but the only pasta on the menu last night was fettuccine which I have health reasons not to eat. Consequently, I did ask the night before for some risotto which at that time they could have told me they wouldn't make it. I then could have gone to another venue for dinner. I didn't know they would not make it until I sat down already had me beverage and bread served. It would have been disrespectful of me to leave our table mates. I am one of the easiest going persons not making a scene, thus that is why I stayed to enjoy the company.

I'm sorry everyone is flogging me it wasn't intentional but having spoke to other passengers that were on the 5day before us most are very unhappy with a lot of the service.

Hve you ever made risotto? It is not easy. Did you look at the menu that is posted outside the restaurant nt before entering? If so. Then you would have known there was nothing you liked and go have gone elsewhere. You must simply be a lovely dinner companion.....probable one who complains about everything the whole time. And get rid of that elite attitude. It will get you nowhere.

Sorry, but I just don't buy the story about people being unhappy about the service. I was just on the CB & although the ship is in need of some TLC, the service couldn't have been better- including the bar staff, waiters/assistants/head waiters in the DR & Horizon & all the officers that we met and yes, even the executive chef who was alway getting his morning espresso at 5:30 AM at the IC.

My thinking is that the people you complained to were just appeasing you not to have to be unpleasant to your face and here on this board you now are getting some true feedback about your bad experiences.

Good luck on finding a cruise line to better fill your needs. :)

Lets face it, there will always be complainers on cruises. I know of one person who wrote 20 complaint letters to Princess on ONE cruise including a desperate attempt to get one of then staff fired. However Karma always works and that person has now been blacklisted from Princess. See how that works?

Now as a home chef myself, if I make something that does not please everyone, oh well. I try to please everyone but that is impossible. Life goes on.

I understand what the OP feels. After spending such money in one cruise line just to obtain a specific color card, the chef did not show the same loyalty. But that's because cruise lines are not able to accommodate every single special request people make.

That's why we do not spend our money in only one cruise line. We don't care for levels or colored cards. We have sailed 24 times in the past 10 yrs and have had the pleasure of getting to know different cruise lines. In one of them, we have reached a level that gives us a book with coupons YaY!!! big deal, we don't use practically any. :rolleyes:

We cruise to enjoy ourselves not to be couponed to death!!! We don't buy things or do things just because we have a coupon. As a matter of fact our next cruise may be our last for a long time. We have already planned 3 two weeks vacations that we will do on land on our own. It gives us the chance to see more of each country or countries we visit.

But eventually we may think of cruising again, but the most important reason we choose a cruise line is for the itinerary, not the line itself. But we will always avoid Carnival. :cool: That is one cruise line that we are happy to say been there done that once and never again.:D

OP ... I hope you learned a lesson not to be loyal to only one line. Spend your money where they treat you the best way you think is appropriate. The only way to find out is to experience different lines. Good Luck.

It is easy to order off menu, the only night it is impossible is the first night because requests need to be made a day in advance. We order off menu all the time, Princess does an excellent job. Talk to your Head Waiter. We eat plain fish, no seafood and special order whatever fish is available on board. When we go to the MDR on the first night we talk to our HW and work it out.

Isn't fish seafood?:confused:

I'm sorry if people took offense to my pet, it was not intended. I don't wave my status around but the only pasta on the menu last night was fettuccine which I have health reasons not to eat. Consequently, I did ask the night before for some risotto which at that time they could have told me they wouldn't make it. I then could have gone to another venue for dinner. I didn't know they would not make it until I sat down already had me beverage and bread served. It would have been disrespectful of me to leave our table mates. I am one of the easiest going persons not making a scene, thus that is why I stayed to enjoy the company.

I'm sorry everyone is flogging me it wasn't intentional but having spoke to other passengers that were on the 5day before us most are very unhappy with a lot of the service.

While I salute you for returning to the thread to explain yourself a little less hysterically I would question the sentence I highlighted in red above.

If in your first rant you had explained that you made your request the day before and told us what they said -"yessir! No problem. We'll make your risotto tomorrow night" and then they said next evening- Sorry the chef WON"T make it (not can't)

then I would understand your peevishness. I'm sure the adults at the table would have understood if you told them calmly that there was nothing for you to eat on the menu (but really-not ONE dish?) and that you would have to go to Sabatini's or another venue where food to your liking might be being served.

The passengers who were on the 5 day before you-could you give some

examples of the things that made them unhappy?

Also was your cruise ruined by not getting a bowl of risotto? Like you, I have a number of friends who are Executive Chefs who've worked on cruise ships-but then who doesn't?-and they all agree that they like nothing more than taking on extra work as overseeing 200 cooks in a kitchen leaves them twiddling their thumbs. (Sorry for the sarcasm but your "Executive chefs friends" line sounds hollow)

Do you think your response was maybe way over the top ?

I'm sorry to see you getting beaten up like a rag doll but you're in a lion's den of people who enjoy sailing with Princess, even though the line is not perfect (as NO line is) and they think you're being unreasonable and unfair.

Relax.

Norris

If I had been at the table with you and heard you say, "oh my, nothing on the menu appeals to me. I think I will go check out the buffet, IC, pizza, burgers, hot dogs". I would have said, "sorry, you can't find anything that appeals. Go forth and find what does".

Leaving the table would not have been rude. Staying and "suffering" with a brave face would have been a real damper on the table as a whole.

I'm sorry if people took offense to my pet, it was not intended. I don't wave my status around but the only pasta on the menu last night was fettuccine which I have health reasons not to eat. Consequently, I did ask the night before for some risotto which at that time they could have told me they wouldn't make it. I then could have gone to another venue for dinner.

The children's menu has a pasta with marinana sauce and meatballs if you like. They have had it for probably 20 years on the menu and it is available every night in the dining room (and lunch when open). My mom who is Italian loved this and ordered it frequently as an appetizer or as an entree when nothing else on the menu sounded good.

I'm sorry to see you getting beaten up like a rag doll but you're in a lion's den of people who enjoy sailing with Princess, even though the line is not perfect (as NO line is) and they think you're being unreasonable and unfair.

Relax.

Norris

I enjoy sailing on many different lines (hence the reason I'm NOT Elite;)), and I would think the OP's request and subsequent CC rant was unreasonable and unfair on any of those boards.

Since you are giving up Princess suggest you switch to Crystal. They do prepare a wide variety of things off menu, if requested in advance. However you will pay substantially more then on Princess.

I have sailed with friends requiring special diets; most recently a friend with Celiac disease who required a gluten free diet. She noted it in her Personalizer and the first night of the cruise the head waiter for our section appeared with the dinner menu for the next night and took her order. She was provided with gluten free rolls and breads at each dinner. She was a first time cruiser and was very impressed. At our table was a vegetarian who also pre-ordered for the next evening. Both were able to be accommodated without issues.

The children's menu has a pasta with marinana sauce and meatballs if you like. They have had it for probably 20 years on the menu and it is available every night in the dining room (and lunch when open).

The OP could have ordered that last night, just as DH ordered the garden salad from the children's menu last night. It's too bad that the waiter didn't suggest that to him/her.

While black cards have nothing to do with it, in all my...well, I dare not mention how many Princess cruises, I have yet to encounter a single person waving a black card, pushing to the front of the tender line, or expecting any special treatment due solely to their status. But, I also never encounter the complainers that others seem to attract every time they set foot on a cruise ship.

Gotta love those tables for two!!

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
Too many margaritas at Margaritaville. :-)

Lets face it, there will always be complainers on cruises. I know of one person who wrote 20 complaint letters to Princess on ONE cruise including a desperate attempt to get one of then staff fired. However Karma always works and that person has now been blacklisted from Princess. See how that works?

Now as a home chef myself, if I make something that does not please everyone, oh well. I try to please everyone but that is impossible. Life goes on.

Wow, that's just crazy! How did you find out that they were blacklisted from Princess? I wonder if they were blacklisted from the other Carnival lines.

I have sailed with friends requiring special diets; most recently a friend with Celiac disease who required a gluten free diet. She noted it in her Personalizer and the first night of the cruise the head waiter for our section appeared with the dinner menu for the next night and took her order. She was provided with gluten free rolls and breads at each dinner. She was a first time cruiser and was very impressed. At our table was a vegetarian who also pre-ordered for the next evening. Both were able to be accommodated without issues.

We have sailed a few times with our friend who also requires gluten free (hoping they will be on our 3 day) and it's amazing the care that Princess takes of him. Even up in the Sanctuary on our Regal sailing, they would bring gluten free treats for him during tea time!