What tours to take in Southern Carribean

coal grove

Going to Southern Caribbean on Serenade Royal Carribean- Port of calls are

Oranjestad, Aruba, Kralendijk, Bonaire, St. George's, Grenada, Bridgetown, Barbados, Castries, St. Lucia, St. John's, Antigua. Any suggestions for tours.

Hi Coal Grove! Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D

Good advice below from CruiserBruce! Look forward to having a great time!

LuLu

Also look at what RCI is offering. Take what interests you, not what we recommend.

What sort of things do you like to do?

Actually, you should check out a guidebook...libraries have them...it will tell you EVERYTHING about your ports, activities, points of interest, beaches, shopping, restaurants etc....! Then, you can decide HOW to do what you want!

Thanks for the Info. I usually take tours through RCI. Once I took a private tour in Puerto Rico another in Alaska. I was wondering if anyone took any private tours in Southern Caribbean? It's nice to have recommendations.

I was wondering if anyone took any private tours in Southern Caribbean? It's nice to have recommendations.

Yes, many people DIY, and that's what the link is for. The Ports of Call boards are a wealth of information; you can post your questions on each individual board, or just scan them for advice. You'll see many threads already posted about what people do in each of the ports. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587 <---Caribbean Ports of Call board, previously posted above by LHT28

Have fun. :)

St Lucia: Cosol Tours is the best. Check out their reviews on Trip Advisor.

Antigua: Lawrence of Antigua is an excellent tour guide.

Barbados: I do NOT recommend the ship's tour to the caves. It was a terrible value for the money, and just a so-so excursion.

Love Aruba - have stayed there for week-long vacations as well as a port of call.

Would recommend any full island tour - the island is so different from other Caribbean islands because of the desert rather than lush greenery. Anything that takes in the lighthouse, little chapel, and "far side" of the island is very interesting; donkey reservation, mines, etc.

You can also do this as a jeep tour where you drive and go in a convoy with other jeeps - again very interesting, but dirty and bumpy! You get to see more as the jeeps can get where buses cannot, but it is very sandy and you need to be comfortable riding in an open jeep.

In Barbados we did an all day catamaran tour with Calabaza - snorkeling with sea turtles. The tour included a light breakfast, a delicious homemade lunch served on the catamaran, unlimited alcohol, and only 12 people on the boat + 2 captains/guides. We had picture perfect weather and greatly enjoyed our day. If you head over to the Ports of Call board, you will see lots of reviews for this tour.