Stockholm Advice thread 2015

Hi Desdichado62

Thank you for your previous reply and all of the other information - amazing!

Please could you help answer the following questions:

1. Presumably you can buy 24 hour transport tickets (not the Stockholm card) in the cruise terminal at Stadsgarden, berth S167?

2. You mentioned in an earlier post that bus 53 will change part of its route and go from Londonviadukten near the cruise terminal to the Royal Palace. Do you know if this route will start by May 25th 2015? Do you know the frequency of bus 53 please?

3. For tram 7, does it start at Sergels Torg, or Hamngatan? I see a stop at Sergels Torg on a map, but the timetable says Hamngatan

4. Is there a map/plan of where all the bus stops are around central station, particularly for 53 and 69/69k routes?

5. Some planners put Slussen metro at less than 100 metres from Stadsgarden. I am assuming it is a lot further than this for berth S167?

Thank you so much. This thread has been so helpful.

Edited by pigtag

1. Yes I think so but I don't know for sure, perhaps someone who has been on a ship that berthed there can answer your question.

2. Route will change from midsummer holidays which is about a month after May 25th.

3. Hamngatan/Sergeltorg is/was the same stop. For a few years it will no longer go to Sergelstorg due to major renovations at Sergelstorg. It will now stop at Kugsträdgården.

4. Yes see first post for maps (Bus stops around Central station) and frequency (Bus tickets),.

5. Definitely no 100m, more like 1500m.

Edited by Desdichado62

We want to take the train in Nynashamn to either the Vasa Museum or The Royal Palace first thing when we arrive. One thread I read talked about 3,000-plus people rushing off the ship and getting on the train.

does anyone have any experience as to how crowded or possibly full the train will be? We arrive on Saturday, August 29. Any suggestions?

Also, is the Stockholm Central stop on the island where Gamla Stan, City Hall and the Royal Palace are?

thank you!

Hi SanDiegoSue,

The train have a good capacity. There will not be 3 000 passengers rushing to the train since many have made reservations on bus tours to Stockholm. If you are worried about the trains you can always write to Stockholm Public Transport System on Facebook: https://sv-se.facebook.com/KanalSL

or send an e-mail to them or start a chat: https://sl.se/sv/kundservice/

Hi everybody,

I have received information from Stockholm Public Transport about using their new app for buying tickets.

I will post pdf-files in several different languages. Please spread them.

Thank you

App_ENG148x210.pdf

App_ES148x210.pdf

App_FRA148x210.pdf

App_GER148x210.pdf

App_ITA148x210.pdf

App_RU148x210.pdf

App_POL148x210.pdf

App_FIN148x210.pdf

Hi,

If you have any questions about trains, buses etc. I would suggest that you contact them directly. They need to know that there are many people from other countries traveling from Nynäshamn to Stockholm and from other places. Off course people here on the board can help you as well and the tourist information in Nynäshamn and Stockholm.

Contact information SL:

https://sl.se/sv/kundservice/

This site is only in Swedish. I don´t know why I can´t find it on the English part.

This is what it says on the site in Swedish:

"Chatta med oss

Välkommen att chatta med vår kundtjänst mellan kl 07.00 och 19.00 på vardagar samt mellan kl 09.00 och 17.00 på helger."

Translation: "Chat with us. Welcome to chat with our customer service between 7 am and 7 pm on weekdays and between 9 am and 5 pm on weekends."

Then press the purple button "Chatta"

"Kontakta oss

Använd formuläret om du vill skicka synpunkter till oss. Har du frågor får du svar snabbare om du ringer i stället."

Translation: "Contact us. Use the form if you wish to send us your thoughts. If you have questions you will receive an answer quicker if you call us instead."

"Ämne" = subject

Beskrivning = description

Jag vill inte ha något svar = I don´t want to have an answer

Svara till min e-post = Send an answer to my e-mail

Svara till min adress = Send an answer to my address

You can also send your question via Facebook:

https://sv-se.facebook.com/KanalSL

Hi everybody,

I have received information from Stockholm Public Transport about using their new app for buying tickets.

I will post pdf-files in several different languages. Please spread them.

Thank you

Just to flag up that the link to the mobile app for public transport ticket (English Version) only seems to be for a 75 minute continuous journey rather than a 1 day travel pass or a return train ticket. As the train journey from Nynasham to Stockholm is 66 mins I'm guessing this app/link would only be useful for a single fare.

Maybe there are other links, but they don't seem to be leading on from this one.

Ciao.

Just to flag up that the link to the mobile app for public transport ticket (English Version) only seems to be for a 75 minute continuous journey rather than a 1 day travel pass or a return train ticket. As the train journey from Nynasham to Stockholm is 66 mins I'm guessing this app/link would only be useful for a single fare.

Maybe there are other links, but they don't seem to be leading on from this one.

Ciao.

The help section of the app says that it is only possible to buy single tickets (75min) at the moment.

Perhaps 24 hours pass and similar longer timer period tickets will be possible to buy through the app in future versions.

Edited by Desdichado62

Yes, unfortunately it´s not working so good for people traveling from Nynäshamn but I thought I could post it here since the thread isn´t just about Nynäshamn.

I will send an e-mail to my contact person at SL and ask her about making an app for 24 h.

/Kristina

Nynäs Tourist, well it works even for those who berth at Nynäshamn although it obviously will be more expensive to be several single tickets then using a 24 hour pass.

Also I don't think you need to ask your contact to make another version since I am pretty sure that future versions of the current app will have the possibility to buy 1-7 day passes.

I would assume that they wanted to make sure that the most basic features works before they add more tickets types and features.

Hi Desdichado62

Thank you for your previous reply and all of the other information - amazing!

Please could you help answer the following questions:

1. Presumably you can buy 24 hour transport tickets (not the Stockholm card) in the cruise terminal at Stadsgarden, berth S167?

2. You mentioned in an earlier post that bus 53 will change part of its route and go from Londonviadukten near the cruise terminal to the Royal Palace. Do you know if this route will start by May 25th 2015? Do you know the frequency of bus 53 please?

3. For tram 7, does it start at Sergels Torg, or Hamngatan? I see a stop at Sergels Torg on a map, but the timetable says Hamngatan

4. Is there a map/plan of where all the bus stops are around central station, particularly for 53 and 69/69k routes?

5. Some planners put Slussen metro at less than 100 metres from Stadsgarden. I am assuming it is a lot further than this for berth S167?

Thank you so much. This thread has been so helpful.

1. You can buy 24 hour transport tickets at Stadsgården. Stockholm Vistors Board have a booth there during the morning with information and tickets. I went for a visit there last year. So no problems

Well I certainly hope they will make an app with 1-7 days.

Hopefully sooner rather than later:D

I've had the most bizarre series of chats with SL transport over the last couple of days. Some things are clear ...others remarkably unhelpful at least for those of us travelling soon. It is in SL's best interests to fix it, if only to take the pressure off their own ticket offices as numerous passengers try and buy tickets at the same time.

1. If you are sailing into Nynasham the 24 hour STOCKHOLM pass is clearly the cheapest and most efficient ticket purchase, reducing the need for multiple purchases and queuing. Any journey from Nynasham to Stockholm means crossing 3 zones. A single 2hr pass covering all three zones cost c75 SK, whereas the 24 HR pass (which covers all zones and also some ferries and buses) costs 115SEK. (Discounts for under 20 yrs and over 65s).

2. No way of advance online purchasing of that travel card at present and I met with something of a stonewall on that subject from SL.

3. Their site is not particularly intuitive to navigate for a foreign visitor. There is no English flag on the top right corner as there are on many sites. You have to go to the Swedish front page and scroll down through lots of Swedish to find the link to the English version link.

4. When you use that link there is no email option for contact (save through Facebook...shudder).

5. If you want to chat online for advice you have to go back to the Swedish Version, click on the Kuntservice tab and then on Chatte...although the information is in Swedish the staff seem to speak English...but have zero clout to bring about change.

6. They suggested we should buy our train tickets on board ship. That certainly is not possible to do that on Princess ships. They could not tell me how that would be possible.

7. They suggested we should get the cruise lines to contact their offices to make special arrangements. Were that we had the power.!! They didn't seem to understand that cruise lines have a motive to promote their own tours over public transport.

8. I've been told that multiple complaints to SL and the tourist board might start a movement for change, but that's hardly the way one wishes to start a holiday in a country, is it?

9. Until they organise something more efficient then it looks as if we'll all be queuing to buy 24 HR passes after we disembark from tenders...unless you really want to be making multiple single ticket purchases. Boo!

Edited by Nonio

I thought someone on this forum said the 24-hour Stockholm card was no longer being offered. Anyone???

It was confusing for me as well at first but it is the 24-hour Stockholm card that is no longer available.

The 24-hour SL travel pass is still available.

Edited by Desdichado62

Desdichado62, have another question for you! My brother and DH & I land Arlands within 20 mins of each other and want to meet before taking a taxi to our hotel. Which would be a good meeting point? Waiting at the baggage carousel area itself or outside? This will our first time in Arlanda, can you please tell me how big the airport is, have absolutely no idea at all. Thanks:)

Desdichado62, have another question for you! My brother and DH & I land Arlands within 20 mins of each other and want to meet before taking a taxi to our hotel. Which would be a good meeting point? Waiting at the baggage carousel area itself or outside? This will our first time in Arlanda, can you please tell me how big the airport is, have absolutely no idea at all. Thanks:)

Hi,

I would suggest the cafe outside the baggage carousel area (as named before). I was there a month ago and it´s still there :)

Thanks a lot Desdichado62 & Nynas Tourist, the cafe as we exit the baggage carousel area it is, you're great:)

You obviously need to go through customs & border control first as well but there's only one way out and once out in the arrivals hall the café should be visible.

For the Royal wedding on June 13th.

The wedding will start at 14.30 with the arrival of the guests and at about 17.30 the wedding is over and the prince and the princess will have a short cortege which will last for about 20-30 minutes.

At 18.00 there will be a salute fired from Skeppsholmen.

So expect that the Royal Palace area of the Old Town might be difficult to access during these times of the day.