Guarantee cabin.

Hello.

I booked Superior Ocean View Strm w/Bal Guarantee for my future Oasis of the seas cruise, which will start on May 16. Can't wait for perfect vacation! Paid my last and final payment week ago. How long is usually take to sign up to the cabin? I thought it is about few days after final payment, but not in my case, so far.

Thanks for any comments.

We had a Guarantee cabin on the Navigator in August and we found out the stateroom number and location about 6 weeks prior to embarkation. It worked out PERFECTLY as it assigned us to a EXCELLENT location on the "hump"! I could not have hand picked a better "deluxe" balcony on that ship! Good luck to you and have fun on your cruise!

Edited by toosaxykk
spelling

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. 62 Days till embarking! Cabin was not assigned yet. Checking every day!

Check it every day. After you've been assigned a stateroom you can call and have it changed to any stateroom still available in that same category.

We upgraded to a Guarantee Neighborhood Balcony on our upcoming Oasis cruise. We changed to the guarantee on January 12 and it was assigned January 23. We were assigned a C1 Central Park balcony. I called and was able to get it changed to our prefered deck and our prefered bed placement. We like the bed by the closet.

Good luck,

James

Check it every day. After you've been assigned a stateroom you can call and have it changed to any stateroom still available in that same category.

We upgraded to a Guarantee Neighborhood Balcony on our upcoming Oasis cruise. We changed to the guarantee on January 12 and it was assigned January 23. We were assigned a C1 Central Park balcony. I called and was able to get it changed to our prefered deck and our prefered bed placement. We like the bed by the closet.

Good luck,

James

I have been assigned by cabin a few weeks back (1 week after booking and 4 months ahead of sailing)- I phoned to change to a diff cabin in the same cat as I have ms and it is playing up so I wanted to change to a disabled cabin that had just become free ( I am in a wheelchair)- but I have been told it will be an additional $1600 to change to the same cat room.

Booked a d7 guarantee on 01/19/15 for our 05/09/15 cruise on the Oasis. I was assigned a d3 cabin just a few days ago. I was very happy with the cabin we received. Deck 10 aft just down the hall from the aft elavators. I love it as it will very quiet with not much traffic going by our room as we are 8 cabins from the very aft of the ship. Good luck.

I have been assigned by cabin a few weeks back (1 week after booking and 4 months ahead of sailing)- I phoned to change to a diff cabin in the same cat as I have ms and it is playing up so I wanted to change to a disabled cabin that had just become free ( I am in a wheelchair)- but I have been told it will be an additional $1600 to change to the same cat room.

I'm not doubting your story, but it sounds like there may have been a misconception somewhere.

I learned about changing staterooms in your same category from this message board. When I called the Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor phone number I had no problem at all.

Unless there is something special about your booking I don't understand, I would call Royal Caribbean and ask them flat out, "can I change staterooms within my category at no charge?" If the same no, ask them why. I'd be curious to see what they say.

Good luck, and report back what you find out.

James

Accessible cabins are generally not included in the guarantee pool unless it is very close to sailing. There may be special restrictions on moving people into one.

It sounds like you didn't have an accessible cabin booked originally. I don't know what your alternative is, other than to explain your situation and perhaps they will move you to it or wait list you for it.

Edited by Coralc

IMO the problem is that it is still before the final payment date and the accessible cabin you want hasn't been release for the general public which is what guarantees are generally assigned in. These are sort of in their own special category until released. I would try after the final payment date or even later when you see the cabin you want, if still available, offered as part of the ordinary cabin offering.

We've been able to get an accessible cabin several times with a gty booking when this has happened.

Edited by robtulipe

Are you from the US or Canada? The ability to change cabins within the same category without incurring an additional charge unfortunately applies only to bookings made in North America.

Are you from the US or Canada? The ability to change cabins within the same category without incurring an additional charge unfortunately applies only to bookings made in North America.

The cabin I want has been release as I can book it through expedia, but I am booked in the UK so that is probably why I can't do this.

Seems absurd as now anyone non disabled can now book this cabin and I would have reserved it if it had been free when I booked - at that point it was only a few hundred dollars more to choose a cabin v the gyt one now it's a mega difference (this was my first RCI booking and only my 3rd ever cruise so I never really understood that the price would change so much or that more cabins could come back up for sail). I have even tried contacting the special needs team as I have had to request shower seat and they confirmed to change in the same cat would cost me $1600 after a few emails this was their final suggestion email back from them

"Many thanks for your reply.

I do apologise about the inconvenience regarding the cabin change.

We will be happy to request a shower stool and mini refrigerator to be

available in your stateroom for the duration of the sailing. Regarding the

scooter, a couple of weeks before the sailing I will contact the ship to

check if they are able to store this somewhere for you and bring it to your

stateroom when needed since you will also have a wheelchair with you, I do

not think there will be a problem, however I will send you and email if and

when I get confirmation.

You will be able to change cabin up until 7 days before the sailing,

if the price is lowered you can contact us to process the change.

Please note that the cabin doors on standard staterooms onboard the

Rhapsody of the Seas are 28" wide.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."

Edited by fragilek

The cabin I want has been release as I can book it through expedia, but I am booked in the UK so that is probably why I can't do this.

Seems absurd as now anyone non disabled can now book this cabin and I would have reserved it if it had been free when I booked - at that point it was only a few hundred dollars more to choose a cabin v the gyt one now it's a mega difference (this was my first RCI booking and only my 3rd ever cruise so I never really understood that the price would change so much or that more cabins could come back up for sail). I have even tried contacting the special needs team as I have had to request shower seat and they confirmed to change in the same cat would cost me $1600 after a few emails this was their final suggestion email back from them

"Many thanks for your reply.

I do apologise about the inconvenience regarding the cabin change.

We will be happy to request a shower stool and mini refrigerator to be

available in your stateroom for the duration of the sailing. Regarding the

scooter, a couple of weeks before the sailing I will contact the ship to

check if they are able to store this somewhere for you and bring it to your

stateroom when needed since you will also have a wheelchair with you, I do

not think there will be a problem, however I will send you and email if and

when I get confirmation.

You will be able to change cabin up until 7 days before the sailing,

if the price is lowered you can contact us to process the change.

Please note that the cabin doors on standard staterooms onboard the

Rhapsody of the Seas are 28" wide.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."

Though selecting a specific cabin can be more costly for someone requiring an accessible cabin such as my self, booking a guaranteed rate in anticipation of being assigned and or switching to an accessible cabin is always a big risk. It generally doesn't work out.

Though selecting a specific cabin can be more costly for someone requiring an accessible cabin such as my self, booking a guaranteed rate in anticipation of being assigned and or switching to an accessible cabin is always a big risk. It generally doesn't work out.

I didn't plan it that way when we booked there were no disabled cabins left I even phoned to check in case they just weren't on line. So as there were none I took any (gty). I now wish I hadn't and had booked an actual cabin as I would now have been allowed to switch - lesson learned . Annoying thing is I had a disabled cabin on a sailing later in the summer (booked as soon as they came out) but due to a change in uni start dated for my youngest we had to cancel that one thus had to book the new earlier cruise late ie the gty one).

• 1 month later...

We also just recently (4/13/15) booked a guarantee W for the Freedom of the Seas on 5/23/15. There are only about 6-7 Jr. Suites left open to book. They assigned us one which was fine (Jr Suite) but after I looked today, I realized its an adjoining cabin. My husband has been quite ill in the past and he will be taking many naps off and on between doing things on the ship. I was concerned we might be next to someone that would be noisy. I called our T/A and asked if they could check with RC to see if we could be moved to a Jr Suite that was not a connecting one. (keep in mind, there are only 7 total Jr. Suites left at this time). I guess they got a total attitude with our T/A and said they would make this one exception but to let me know that once a cabin assignment is made, you are stuck with it? I don't understand what the big deal was and I really don't appreciate RC getting so snarky with our T/A. It wasn't necessary. I have read many times on here that people asked to change their cabin number in the same category after being assigned. It will be very interesting to see how this cruise goes.

:confused:

We also just recently (4/13/15) booked a guarantee W for the Freedom of the Seas on 5/23/15. There are only about 6-7 Jr. Suites left open to book. They assigned us one which was fine (Jr Suite) but after I looked today, I realized its an adjoining cabin. My husband has been quite ill in the past and he will be taking many naps off and on between doing things on the ship. I was concerned we might be next to someone that would be noisy. I called our T/A and asked if they could check with RC to see if we could be moved to a Jr Suite that was not a connecting one. (keep in mind, there are only 7 total Jr. Suites left at this time). I guess they got a total attitude with our T/A and said they would make this one exception but to let me know that once a cabin assignment is made, you are stuck with it? I don't understand what the big deal was and I really don't appreciate RC getting so snarky with our T/A. It wasn't necessary. I have read many times on here that people asked to change their cabin number in the same category after being assigned. It will be very interesting to see how this cruise goes.

We have had JS with adjoining cabins and never had any problems with noise - I hope this sets your mind somewhat at ease

Thanks Bekka, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, many years ago, we sailed on one of RC's ships (I don't recall which one of the many) and we had a connecting door. The family next door was very loud and it seemed to come right through the adjoining door. Their voices, their TV, their children, etc. Perhaps we just had a bad cabin or an extremely noisy group next door. That was the reason I asked to be moved to a non adjoining cabin.

:)

Check his location for your answer.

We recently booked a JS guarantee on an upcoming sailing. I did it over the phone because I had held the reservation and the price had gone up overnight. We already had a outside ocean view guarantee that we were upgrading from. It had already been assigned. Anyway, while on the phone with C&A upgrading to the JS guarantee, the computer assigned our room. We got an aft JS! My favorite spot on a ship. So happy and can't wait.

I guess they got a total attitude with our T/A and said they would make this one exception but to let me know that once a cabin assignment is made, you are stuck with it? I don't understand what the big deal was and I really don't appreciate RC getting so snarky with our T/A. It wasn't necessary. I have read many times on here that people asked to change their cabin number in the same category after being assigned. It will be very interesting to see how this cruise goes.

I've noticed an increase in the level of unfriendliness and unhelpfulness from RCCL in the last few months. I'm not sure what the underlying issue is internally but it's very apparent that they regard any service oriented calls as an inconvenience and can be downright rude about assiting us as agents. I make all the changes I can using their travel agent portal rather than calling. A stateroom change should have been possible through that system.