free shuttle in FLL

dw64

While reading a blog, I thought I read free shuttle in FLL to the Galeria Mall. I will be doing a B2B & thought that might be a good idea. Anyone know if it is true? If so, anyone know the schedule for this feee shuttle? It would be Sat; April 25. Thanks.

While reading a blog, I thought I read free shuttle in FLL to the Galeria Mall. I will be doing a B2B & thought that might be a good idea. Anyone know if it is true? If so, anyone know the schedule for this feee shuttle? It would be Sat; April 25. Thanks.

Try going to the Florida Departures Boards to ask your question...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

If you are referring to the blog from the Cunard world cruise, Cunard put that shuttle on as the call in Ft Lauderdale was officially just a port call and not a turnaround day (though a handful of people did board for the next segment). Princess normally does not offer one but you can ask after you board if they will allow you to jump on any crew member shuttle that may be running, though that would likely just take you to 17th St.

Edited by fishywood

The shuttle was provided on turnaround day when those doing a B2B were not allowed to reboard until 3pm due to nonovirus onboard during the previous cruise segment. Full ship cleaning requires all cruisers to be off the ship. There is no such shuttle that I'm aware of on a normal turnaround day.

Lew

As stated above I think that was put in place due to the delayed boarding due to Noro.

Not a regular Princess thing.

Sure I've read somewhere that the mall itself provides such a shuttle bus. Will check it out and post again if I can find it. Have a similar day in port there on 11 April and hoped to get to that mall but aren't sure what happens to b2b pax on that day eg when you can get off ship, clearing immigration etc.

Sure I've read somewhere that the mall itself provides such a shuttle bus. Will check it out and post again if I can find it. Have a similar day in port there on 11 April and hoped to get to that mall but aren't sure what happens to b2b pax on that day eg when you can get off ship, clearing immigration etc.

My only B2B in Fort Lauderdale experiences are on Princess - they will let you disembark anytime you want.

I didn't see any mention of a shutlle on Galleria Mall's website (http://www.galleriamall-fl.com). On the amenities page it does mention:

Additional Transportation

The Galleria is also accessible by local buses and water taxis. The Galleria Mall is Stop 4 on the water taxi. Schedules available at Guest Services.

Sun Trolly

Fort Lauderdale's own Sun Trolly offers convenient transportation options with drop-offs and pick-ups in front of P.F. Chang's.

Howdy,

Is walking from (through) the port out to catch the sun trolley very difficult or are there sidewalks/walkways available which would keep you from having to walk with the vehicular traffic?

From what I understand, you can just walk out to 17th street and and flag down a passing trolley for a ride to the mall, beaches or anything along their routes.

Thanks

Dave

GBY

There are different routes. Too the wait between trolleys can be more than 20 min. easily. I'd take the trolley if you have time to burn. But study the routes on the website...suntrolley.com The cabs are inexpensive in Ft L and won't cost more than around $10 for the ride.

Terminal 2 is the closest to 17th St. hmmm Maybe a half-3/4 mile? But yes to get there part of the route will be where cars and buses are coming and going. If you are at any other pier, for sure I wouldn't walk it. It is a hectic mess on cruise days.

Edited by eandj

There are different routes. Too the wait between trolleys can be more than 20 min. easily. I'd take the trolley if you have time to burn. But study the routes on the website...suntrolley.com The cabs are inexpensive in Ft L and won't cost more than around $10 for the ride.

Terminal 2 is the closest to 17th St. hmmm Maybe a half-3/4 mile? But yes to get there part of the route will be where cars and buses are coming and going. If you are at any other pier, for sure I wouldn't walk it. It is a hectic mess on cruise days.

Terminals 2 and 4 (right next to each other) are the only ones, IMHO, within walking distance to 17th street (they are right next to each other).

I did a B-2-B last year in Ft Lauderdale, my advise is to take a taxi, well worth the $10.00 to $12.00 each way. The Sun Trolley is available on weekends, but runs a on limited weekend schedule, the trolley will pass you by if full. Also, there are crew shuttle that will take you to a shopping center across the street from the Embassy Suites on 17th St for $3.00.