NEW Suite Upgrades....

Thanks, I guess that is essentially sky class. I was beginning to wonder if we'd have different shades of gold cards.

You're welcome. When we did our b2b on Quantum, the Gold SeaPass Cards are a difficult shade of gold from the other ship's cards that we have.:p

Don't you think Royal Suites program will gradually be implemented on ALL ships? I don't believe Royal is creating a Suite Class that will permanently only affect people in suites cruising on Oasis and Quantum class ships. Since Oasis/Quantum class ships seem to have the most suites and already have Coastal Kitchen aboard, those ships will be the easiest. The other classes of ships will require more planning and some reconfiguration in order to provide the suite dining perk. Only one announcement has been made and it tells us where and when these perks will be introduced. I think we'll have additional announcements that will communicate the steps and timelines for full implementation of it.

It reminds me of the implementation of Diamond Lounges. In the beginning, only Freedom class and Oasis class ships had them. It took a long transition period to get the dedicated DLs built and staffed on other classes of ships. Those of us who were Diamonds still had a nightly Diamond Event, but it wasn't the same doing that on Navigator or Rhapsody as going to the DL on Freedom. Finally, now, all the ships but 2 have DLs. Jewel will have one in the spring, and though Majesty probably never will get a dedicated DL, it seems that now there is a functional DL program on Majesty. I'd say that now we've pretty much reached full implementation of the DL.

We all survived those Diamond Events and now we enjoy Diamond Lounges. I think the same thing will happen with the Royal Suite Program. It'll just take some time.

Judy

On the bottom of the Advertising that is on the RCI Home Page now it does read "Debuting on Oasis Class and Quantum Class in May 2016" which would indicate to me that it could be rolled out fleet wide at some point.

Could someone please tell me which page here shows all the benefits? I can't open the press release link that Patti posted. Or can someone at least tell me if JS's got anything above what we currently get?

Its already posted on RCCL Website.

Could someone please tell me which page here shows all the benefits? I can't open the press release link that Patti posted. Or can someone at least tell me if JS's got anything above what we currently get?

Just go to the RCI Home Page

Sea Class (Family connected junior suite, family suite, Jr. Suite, Spa Junior Suite)

Find in these spacious suites premium touches like upgraded linens and specialty in-room amenities, and enjoy exclusive dining privileges at Coastal Kitchen

Suite benefits include

• Specialty Bottled Water
  • Upgraded Bathroom Amenities by Hermes, Ferragamo and L'OCCITANE
  • Luxury pillow top mattress
  • Suite restaurant (dinner only)

Edited by cruisenfever

Don't you think Royal Suites program will gradually be implemented on ALL ships? I don't believe Royal is creating a Suite Class that will permanently only affect people in suites cruising on Oasis and Quantum class ships. Since Oasis/Quantum class ships seem to have the most suites and already have Coastal Kitchen aboard, those ships will be the easiest. The other classes of ships will require more planning and some reconfiguration in order to provide the suite dining perk. Only one announcement has been made and it tells us where and when these perks will be introduced. I think we'll have additional announcements that will communicate the steps and timelines for full implementation of it.

It reminds me of the implementation of Diamond Lounges. In the beginning, only Freedom class and Oasis class ships had them. It took a long transition period to get the dedicated DLs built and staffed on other classes of ships. Those of us who were Diamonds still had a nightly Diamond Event, but it wasn't the same doing that on Navigator or Rhapsody as going to the DL on Freedom. Finally, now, all the ships but 2 have DLs. Jewel will have one in the spring, and though Majesty probably never will get a dedicated DL, it seems that now there is a functional DL program on Majesty. I'd say that now we've pretty much reached full implementation of the DL.

We all survived those Diamond Events and now we enjoy Diamond Lounges. I think the same thing will happen with the Royal Suite Program. It'll just take some time.

Judy

Well said. I think Oasis and Quantum Class are simply the starting points, mainly because it will be very easy to implement the program on them. As you said, it will be much more difficult to implement this program on the other ships, so it makes sense for them to hold back that announcement, as who knows how long it will be until we see this program rolled out fleet wide.

On the bottom of the Advertising that is on the RCI Home Page now it does read "Debuting on Oasis Class and Quantum Class in May 2016" which would indicate to me that it could be rolled out fleet wide at some point.

Agreed.

Of course they are, nothing is for nothing in this world. This is Royals way of offering an upgraded facility to those that are prepared to pay for it. They want to ensure that they achieve as much revenue as possible for their prime real estate.

Some will love it and enjoy the benefits that come at a cost, and some will feel as if they are paying extra for benefits they will not use ( Butler or Drink package ). For a long time many have complained that the extra cost of a suite does not offer similar facilities to those offered by other cruise lines. Well now those extras are available, and as such are costed accordingly, exactly the same as taking a first class flight. Get more and Pay more, whilst the rest of us still have the option to enjoy the cruise and general facilities of the ship, whilst paying as we go along for drinks or speciality dining.

I have seen the Suites that are at the top end, they are amazing and Yes expensive. Only time will tell if they continue to be sold out in advance as they have been in the past. :eek:

I was of the opinion that when we were looking at bookings for and after the summer of 2016 suite prices were extremely inflated, when compared to previous years suite cost.

Has anyone been able to confirm with RCCL that existing bookings for suites for sailing after May 2016 will receive the new benefits?

Not sure there will be a written confirmation on that, but if you think about it it makes sense to just transition the level of service with all suites at time of launch.

1. They will have invested the time and money to implement and it will cost additional money to figure out how to separate passengers in same category suites but different bookings based on when. (Example: if you by a first class seat on an airline and they update the equipment to new better config, they don't charge you more)

2. The actual number of people that would be involved is probably small when it comes down to it. The price point has already started creeping north and the only class that is a huge change is the Star class. In two weeks the program is officially launched and the number of suites in the a Star class is small compared to the Sky and Sea.

3. PR nightmare for RCCL to try and separate the suite passengers based on the fact people booked early. Those Star class suites are hard to get, in most cases there are fewer than 8 of any particular category on these ships. If you don't book early many times you don't get what you want. I have friends that have switched cruise dates just to get a particular category. This type of passenger usually will make a point to express their displeasure especially if they are spending 10k plus on a seven day cruise

4. While those of us on the board are extremely aware of this scenerio, the vast majority of the everyday consumers have no clue, so it's not like they had a huge spike in suite bookings 1+ years out because of this information that came out in May.

Just my thoughts

Has anyone been able to confirm with RCCL that existing bookings for suites for sailing after May 2016 will receive the new benefits?

I am imagining they will address this formally prior to September 8th.

Informally, a poster on this thread stated 2 verbal confirmations that her Star Class amenities would be honored on her post May 2016 that she had already booked.

I am hoping they are going to have some form of suite amenity confirmation as a part of the cruise planner where class and amenities are listed.

I'd expect the program to go fleet wide over time. Maybe take 2 years or so.

Celebrity had to build a suite restaurant on all its ships, they did this over about a 6 week period, taking 2 weeks on each ship while the ships were at sea, by repurposing a portion of the MDR space.

Celebrity never had a private lounge for anyone, so repurposed their often little used Michaels club as the suite lounge. This perk started a year before the full SuitePerks program rolled out.

To those who've asked about combining C&A and Captain's Club, from a recent live chat with Celebrity's CEO:

Q: Are there any plans in the future to combine RCCL and Celebrity points - love both lines and would be nice to be able to combine points - know lots of our friends would sail Celebrity but due to points only go RCCL

A: We are constantly reevaluating. Sorry I don't have an answer yet on this one.

As I am not quite to Pinnacle yet, I have no problem with the Suite guests getting what is outlined. If you want to overpay for a particular cruise than enjoy. But, I hope they leave the requirements to becoming Pinnacle at 700 and not change that. When I get there, and I am an official Pinnacle, then if I can get what is now available, free internet, specialty restaurant for breakfast and lunch, Suite lounge, Suite sun deck area, evening happy hour, then I will be happy.

Just go to the RCI Home Page

Sea Class (Family connected junior suite, family suite, Jr. Suite, Spa Junior Suite)

Find in these spacious suites premium touches like upgraded linens and specialty in-room amenities, and enjoy exclusive dining privileges at Coastal Kitchen

Suite benefits include

• Specialty Bottled Water
  • Upgraded Bathroom Amenities by Hermes, Ferragamo and L'OCCITANE
  • Luxury pillow top mattress
  • Suite restaurant (dinner only)

The program seems to be modeled on the Celebrity Suite Program, which also has three levels (but without names). However, the big difference seems to be that RCCL Junior Suites (JSs) will continue to get far fewer perks than Celebrity Sky Suites (SSs), even though JSs and SSs are approximately the same size and approximately the same percentages of the rooms on each ship (3% to 4.5%, depending on the ship). SSs get butler service, access to Luminae for all meals (rather than dinner only), reserved theater seating and a complementary meal in a specialty restaurant on cruises of 6 nights or longer. JSs get a whole lot less, as the post I am quoting shows. I do not understand why?

It is also worth noting that Celebrity has Suite Class on all of its ships. However, this may be because there are only two classes of ships on Celebrity while there are seven on RCCL.

Edited by actuarian

Judy

Reminds me of Dynamic Dining. :rolleyes:

Judy

Royal Caribbean just responded to a post on their official FB page...they have no plans to implement the program on any other ships.:(

This was posted on facebook from the Royal Caribbean FB page.

User Question:I booked a suite on Harmony of the Seas for 2017. I heard there are going to be new suite perks. Will those perks apply to me even though I already booked the cruise?

1 Comment

Like Comment Share

Write a comment...

Royal Caribbean International Hi Sarah, thanks for your question. The Royal Suite Class program will be available beginning September 8th, 2015 for sailings departing May 2016 and beyond.

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Sarah Dougal So what happens to the people who booked a suite prior to Sept 8? Are they entitled to the new suite perks?

Like · 1 hr

Royal Caribbean International Yes. All suite guests confirmed on applicable sailings are eligible for the new Royal Suite Class programming.

Like · 1 · 1 hr

AND

With Royal Caribbean being excited about their new Royal Suite Class announcement involving only the Oasis and Quantum Class, will these new amenities ever be applied to those who cruise your other class ships in suites? To be honest with you I have no desire to cruise Oasis or Quantum Class, I enjoy the Freedom, Voyager and the Vision Class. We have always cruised in either a Grand Suite or Owners Suite. Even Royal has admitted that their suite perks needed to improve when compared to the competition. Now that your started how about including the rest of your Suite People in the amenities or let us know that some day we may be excited about suite perks on your other ship!

1 Like2 Comments

Like Comment Share

Most Relevant

Write a comment...

Royal Caribbean International Thanks for your feedback, James. We currently don't have plans to implement Royal Suite Class fleetwide. Please visit http://*******/1HEmuc2 for more info.

This was posted on facebook from the Royal Caribbean FB page.

User Question:I booked a suite on Harmony of the Seas for 2017. I heard there are going to be new suite perks. Will those perks apply to me even though I already booked the cruise?

1 Comment

Like Comment Share

Write a comment...

Royal Caribbean International Hi Sarah, thanks for your question. The Royal Suite Class program will be available beginning September 8th, 2015 for sailings departing May 2016 and beyond.

Like · Reply · 2 hrs

Sarah Dougal So what happens to the people who booked a suite prior to Sept 8? Are they entitled to the new suite perks?

Like · 1 hr

Royal Caribbean International Yes. All suite guests confirmed on applicable sailings are eligible for the new Royal Suite Class programming.

Like · 1 · 1 hr

AND

With Royal Caribbean being excited about their new Royal Suite Class announcement involving only the Oasis and Quantum Class, will these new amenities ever be applied to those who cruise your other class ships in suites? To be honest with you I have no desire to cruise Oasis or Quantum Class, I enjoy the Freedom, Voyager and the Vision Class. We have always cruised in either a Grand Suite or Owners Suite. Even Royal has admitted that their suite perks needed to improve when compared to the competition. Now that your started how about including the rest of your Suite People in the amenities or let us know that some day we may be excited about suite perks on your other ship!

1 Like2 Comments

Like Comment Share

Most Relevant

Write a comment...

Royal Caribbean International Thanks for your feedback, James. We currently don't have plans to implement Royal Suite Class fleetwide. Please visit http://*******/1HEmuc2 for more info.

Thanks for this!

So anyone already booked still gets the perks...nice! (Even though I have nothing booked in a suite...:p)

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Celebrity allowed those early bookers who booked before the announcement and price changes to get the perks. I feel like the Suite Perks program announced about 4 months after they went on sale, and we noted price increases at that time.

I agree with you Cindy. Actually, All your posts on this suite discussion.;)

Ports are important to me and pending my NCL cruise and how I feel about it, I was looking into both lines for the future. Not one was one of those ships included on this new announcement. People that sail in GS or OS on Royal are now definitely getting more bang for the buck on NCL.

Time will tell Cindy. Lets hope they are working on something for all ships that may be rolled out at the same time. Surely no reason at all this can not be done.

Thanks, Debde! We cancelled our NCL because the ship was redeployed and the offer they made was pathetic. We couldn't move the cruise 9-12 months earlier, so we just let it go.

Now that I know RCI doesn't care about improving their suite perks for anyone who isn't on the newest ships, I may be back to the drawing board. I'll probably keep my Liberty booking because I haven't been on that class of ship yet and I really like the OS we booked, but I'm not sure what we'll do beyond that.

It's time for me to bow out of this thread. I'm still stunned and extremely disappointed that RCI has said they have no plans to make changes on any of their other ships. I don't have any plans to cruise on one of the chosen 6 in the near future, so I guess this thread is no longer of interest to me.

Too bad...this thread has been going for so long it had become an old friend!:D