Newbie here with questions

My husband and i are cruising on the Enchantment in June. This will be our first cruise ever. We are more of an All inclusive resort kind of couple but trying something new this year. I have some questions.

1. I cant seem to post on the Enchantment of the Seas board. What do I need to do to be able to start a new thread there? I have contacted Cruisecritic and have not heard back.

2. My travel agent automatically signed us up for 8:30 dining time without asking what our preference is. I am interested in My Time dining. How do I change this?

3. If you have been to Coco cay beach, how many cruise ships dock at this island at one time?

4. I am trying to reserve reservations at a specialty restaurant (chops) online but it wont let me. Its less than 90 days so is there a reason why i cant?

5. Last one (for right now), We booked an exterior room with a window but might want to upgrade to a room with a balcony. How do I go about doing that since I have already booked/paid for my cruise!

Thanks so much in advance!

My husband and i are cruising on the Enchantment in June. This will be our first cruise ever. We are more of an All inclusive resort kind of couple but trying something new this year. I have some questions.

1. I cant seem to post on the Enchantment of the Seas board. What do I need to do to be able to start a new thread there? I have contacted Cruisecritic and have not heard back. There is no Enchantment board. Those links at the top of the page are shortcuts for doing searches on specific ships.

2. My travel agent automatically signed us up for 8:30 dining time without asking what our preference is. I am interested in My Time dining. How do I change this? Travel agent.

3. If you have been to Coco cay beach, how many cruise ships dock at this island at one time? Usually one, but sometimes two.

4. I am trying to reserve reservations at a specialty restaurant (chops) online but it wont let me. Its less than 90 days so is there a reason why i cant? Might still be too early.

5. Last one (for right now), We booked an exterior room with a window but might want to upgrade to a room with a balcony. How do I go about doing that since I have already booked/paid for my cruise! Talk to your travel agent.

Answers in RED above.

Answers in RED above.

I have tried emailing and calling my travel agent 3 times and I am apparently not a priority anymore since my trip has been booked.

There is no other way to do those things without a travel agent?

I have tried emailing and calling my travel agent 3 times and I am apparently not a priority anymore since my trip has been booked.

Correct, once a travel agent owns your booking, things like changing staterooms and dining type must be done with the agent.

If the agent continues to be unresponsive, try contacting someone higher up in the agency.

If you have access to your reservation online you might be able to change in

Reservation overview

At the top you have:

Vacation Summary

Preferences & Requests

At the buttom

Preferences & Requests - here you should be able to change dining preferences

The travel agent "owns" the booking. They are the only one that can make changes to it.

Once you've booked with a TA, the cruiseline will not deal directly with you for some things including changing from an OV to a balcony (definitely doable after final payment). Keep trying.

1. I cant seem to post on the Enchantment of the Seas board. What do I need to do to be able to start a new thread there? I have contacted Cruisecritic and have not heard back.

2. My travel agent automatically signed us up for 8:30 dining time without asking what our preference is. I am interested in My Time dining. How do I change this?

3. If you have been to Coco cay beach, how many cruise ships dock at this island at one time?

4. I am trying to reserve reservations at a specialty restaurant (chops) online but it wont let me. Its less than 90 days so is there a reason why i cant?

5. Last one (for right now), We booked an exterior room with a window but might want to upgrade to a room with a balcony. How do I go about doing that since I have already booked/paid for my cruise!

Hi, I was just on EOS and it was my first cruise too! It seems to be a trend for newbies, the short 4 nighters. Anyway, from my limited experience, here are my answers.

1. I cant seem to post on the Enchantment of the Seas board. What do I need to do to be able to start a new thread there? I have contacted Cruisecritic and have not heard back. You can go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/enchantment

Often you can't change things online when you've booked through a TA. I'd call the TA and have her change it, or contact Royal via the 800 to make changes. BUT, you may want to consider the MDR. I too booked MTD but found we liked being seated and served each night with people we got to know. We ended up at dinner the same time each night anyway.

3. If you have been to Coco cay beach, how many cruise ships dock at this island at one time? There was one other ship docked besides ours.

4. I am trying to reserve reservations at a specialty restaurant (chops) online but it wont let me. Its less than 90 days so is there a reason why i cant? Again, see my comment about booking via TA.

5. Last one (for right now), We booked an exterior room with a window but might want to upgrade to a room with a balcony. How do I go about doing that since I have already booked/paid for my cruise! Not to sound like a broken record... but see the TA comment. LOL

Hi, I was just on EOS and it was my first cruise too! It seems to be a trend for newbies, the short 4 nighters. Anyway, from my limited experience, here are my answers.

1. I cant seem to post on the Enchantment of the Seas board. What do I need to do to be able to start a new thread there? I have contacted Cruisecritic and have not heard back. You can go here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/royal-caribbean/enchantment

Often you can't change things online when you've booked through a TA. I'd call the TA and have her change it, or contact Royal via the 800 to make changes. BUT, you may want to consider the MDR. I too booked MTD but found we liked being seated and served each night with people we got to know. We ended up at dinner the same time each night anyway.

3. If you have been to Coco cay beach, how many cruise ships dock at this island at one time? There was one other ship docked besides ours.

4. I am trying to reserve reservations at a specialty restaurant (chops) online but it wont let me. Its less than 90 days so is there a reason why i cant? Again, see my comment about booking via TA.

5. Last one (for right now), We booked an exterior room with a window but might want to upgrade to a room with a balcony. How do I go about doing that since I have already booked/paid for my cruise! Not to sound like a broken record... but see the TA comment. LOL

I clicked on the link you posted, but i still cant start a new thread which is weird.

At the top of the Royal Caribbean Forum page there is a button to click on to start a new thread. I dont have anything like that for the Enchantment forum. Its weird. I can see other threads but cant start my own to ask questions

I clicked on the link you posted, but i still cant start a new thread which is weird.

At the top of the Royal Caribbean Forum page there is a button to click on to start a new thread. I dont have anything like that for the Enchantment forum. Its weird. I can see other threads but cant start my own to ask questions

As Bob stated earlier, there are no specific forums for the ships. The links at the top of the page direct you to specific threads that list the name of a ship in it's title (using the search function). If you post a thread to the main RC page with "Enchantment" in the title, it will show up on the link above to the Enchantment search page. :D

Or, you could ask your questions in your roll call if you have seasoned cruisers in there. :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by cant_w8_2_cruise
Added a resource

As Bob stated earlier, there are no specific forums for the ships. The links at the top of the page direct you to specific threads that list the name of a ship in it's title (using the search function). If you post a thread to the main RC page with "Enchantment" in the title, it will show up on the link above to the Enchantment search page. :D

Or, you could ask your questions in your roll call if you have seasoned cruisers in there. :)

Hope this helps!

Yes! Helps so much! Thanks!

I think most of your questions were answered. One point to make is ships don't dock at Coco Cay. It's a tender port, which means you have to ride on a tender from the ship to the dock. It' probably obvios to those who answered you, but given that this is your first cruise it may not be obvious to you. So if you've made any reservations on Coco Cay, plan plenty of time beforehand to take the tender. The bad side of this is that if the weather is bad, the ship might not even stop there.

Enjoy the Enchantment. We loved our cruise on her.

Most of your questions have been answered so I am just wishing you a wonderful cruise. Enchantment is one of my favorites and I am sad to see she is moving to Miami in 2016. Lots of frequent Enchantment cruisers on here so if you have any questions, please ask.

• 5 weeks later...
If you have access to your reservation online you might be able to change in

Reservation overview

At the top you have:

Vacation Summary

Preferences & Requests

At the buttom

Preferences & Requests - here you should be able to change dining preferences

I see the heading "Preferences and Requests" at the bottom of the Vacation Summary page, and I did book online through the Royal site. But under "Preferences and Requests" nothing seems clickable. It's just gray text stating what my preferences are. No way to change it.

I'm still almost 10 months out, so I doubt it's too late to make changes.

I see the heading "Preferences and Requests" at the bottom of the Vacation Summary page, and I did book online through the Royal site. But under "Preferences and Requests" nothing seems clickable. It's just gray text stating what my preferences are. No way to change it.

I'm still almost 10 months out, so I doubt it's too late to make changes.

Might have figured it out. At the top it says:

Please note: Cruise or Cruisetour reservations with Onboard Credit(s) can only be modified by calling 866-562-7625. You can, however, complete your Online Check-in and make reservations using our Cruise Planner.

I originally didn't think that would apply to changing your dining preferences, since that has nothing to do with onboard credit. But maybe it does, as that would explain why I can't make any changes.