The waves are alive, with "The Sound of Music"

Wehwalt

entered the contest, hope to win!

Hope they have the choir on the trans-atlantic crossing in April, will most certainly join.

Looking forward to the Sound of Music trivia.

Me too. Love the Sound of Music and would enjoy singing in the Pop Choir. We're on the Royal TA the end of April, so hoping it will be included.

As much as I would enjoy winning I can only hope!

Sound of Music is a classic that would be enjoyable to watch on MUTS.

I can think of several other classic movies I'd like to see as well on MUTS.

Hopefully they will do more oldies??

• 3 weeks later...
Contest started in January, so it sounds as if they would have the movie on all 2015 cruises like the announcement said. Of course, not sure why they announce the contest in March if it did start in January.

Let's be serious! You would expect consistency on Princess? Perish the thought! :eek::D

entered the contest, hope to win!

Hope they have the choir on the trans-atlantic crossing in April, will most certainly join.

Looking forward to the Sound of Music trivia.

Ditto. But how many questions can they really ask and how long before it's "heard that one before".

Weird Sound of Music Trivia - but not from the movie:

When the film was released in South Korea, it did so much business that some theaters were showing it four and five times a day. One theater owner in Seoul tried to figure out a way to be able to show it even more often, in order to bring in more customers. So he cut out all the musical numbers.

There's just nothing quite like a musical with the musical numbers removed... :eek:

Weird Sound of Music Trivia - but not from the movie:

When the film was released in South Korea, it did so much business that some theaters were showing it four and five times a day. One theater owner in Seoul tried to figure out a way to be able to show it even more often, in order to bring in more customers. So he cut out all the musical numbers.

There's just nothing quite like a musical with the musical numbers removed... :eek:

Better that they cut all of the music instead.

DON

I'd pay good money to see "Mutiny on the Bounty".

Lol you should have come to our stateroom last year on the Pacific Princess! We had it and several people borrowed it before we hit Pitcairn. The old Clark Gable version. I asked our cruise director why Princess didn't get it and he said the rights were too expensive

Just got off the Ruby today and no Sound of Music. So disappointed. The CD said something about an email saying they don't have it. It didn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't think he gave a hoot about it.

Last announcement from Princess that I read said it would start in mid-April.

"Beginning mid-April, Princess Cruises will partner with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to screen the biggest movie musical of all time, The Sound of Music, onboard all 18 of its cruise ships and feature sing-a-longs, trivia games, and other movie-themed experiences throughout the year. The offerings celebrate the 50th anniversaries of both the cruise line and the musical and are part of a year-long campaign to honor the classic film."

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/03/Princess-Cruises-and-Twentieth-Century-Fox-Home-Entertainment-Take-The-Sound-of-Music-Out-to-Sea.html#.VSDrSOGPN2A

Last announcement from Princess that I read said it would start in mid-April.

"Beginning mid-April, Princess Cruises will partner with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to screen the biggest movie musical of all time, The Sound of Music, onboard all 18 of its cruise ships and feature sing-a-longs, trivia games, and other movie-themed experiences throughout the year. The offerings celebrate the 50th anniversaries of both the cruise line and the musical and are part of a year-long campaign to honor the classic film."

http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2015/03/Princess-Cruises-and-Twentieth-Century-Fox-Home-Entertainment-Take-The-Sound-of-Music-Out-to-Sea.html#.VSDrSOGPN2A

"Beginning mid-April" could also cover a gradual roll-out period. I guess we'll see.

Lol you should have come to our stateroom last year on the Pacific Princess! We had it and several people borrowed it before we hit Pitcairn. The old Clark Gable version. I asked our cruise director why Princess didn't get it and he said the rights were too expensive

We had Mutiny on the Bounty on our cabin TVs and shown in the Cabaret Lounge on all of our South Pacific Pacific Princess cruises last fall (the version from the 30s) They must have purchased the rights since you were on the ship.