Picture Window vs. Verandah

dublingal1947

Where? When? How much have you enjoyed/used the verandah on past cruises.

If it is a busy port intensive cruise in cooler weather you will not be so likely to miss the verandah.

If the difference in cost is considerable (and important to you) then you will be fine.

Big difference.

But usually a big price difference too. And on cruises where the price difference is small, that's usually because the climate makes the balcony much less-useable.

Being the top grade of ocean-view cabin, you might get up-graded to a balcony. Which would make this whole thread pointless. :D

JB :)

It is a function of the cruise. I f you are crossing the North Atlantic in December, a balcony is a waste.

We did a 31 day cruise from Buenos Aires to LA with a balcony and loved it. The sea days were special, we sat out there with our readers, music playing very softly, and our wine.....

It is a function of the cruise. I f you are crossing the North Atlantic in December, a balcony is a waste.

We did a 31 day cruise from Buenos Aires to LA with a balcony and loved it. The sea days were special, we sat out there with our readers, music playing very softly, and our wine.....

I don't think a balcony is ever a waste, but we are fresh air freaks.

I like a balcony but I'll settle for an obstructed view (or even a inside) if it's the difference between taking a cruise and not going. My threshold is usually $100 per person for a week-long cruise. If the difference in price is more than that, I'll go for the obstructed view cabin. But sometimes it's a matter of overall price. When we can get a balcony cabin for less than $100 per person per day, we'll usually go for it.

I like a balcony but I'll settle for an obstructed view (or even a inside) if it's the difference between taking a cruise and not going. My threshold is usually $100 per person for a week-long cruise. If the difference in price is more than that, I'll go for the obstructed view cabin. But sometimes it's a matter of overall price. When we can get a balcony cabin for less than $100 per person per day, we'll usually go for it.

OMG I'm happy if I can get a balcony for $200-$250 pp per day.

In fact most in Australia are over joyed if they can get an inside for $100 a day.

We have done both it is a personal choice

Even with a balcony we rarely use it ..we are out & about either onshore or on the outside decks

We use our cabin a lot, if the window opened I'd be tempted by a Picture Window, but most only save about $5 pp per day.

As the above posted said, "depends on you". We've had both, but for us....we don't use the veranda much. It's too small and I feel confined sitting out in this little 6X10 space with a wall on both sides, it usually either too humid, sunny, or shady and the air doesn't circulate as well as I'd like. I DO like the fact that when we have a veranda, the cabin pretty much has a "wall of window", which is really the main reason we take a veranda, but if the cost difference is significant, we're just as happy with a picture window. On the other hand, some folks we cruise with regularly spend nearly every waking minute out on their veranda. Like they say, different strokes....................