Sharing drink package

link99

[quote name='2PinaColadas'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I see nothing wrong with this if you were not drinking soda too. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, now I see. If I go to an all you can eat buffet and don't eat chicken it's ok to load up on it and take it home for someone else.:rolleyes: Afterall you have paid for it and didn't eat it.:rolleyes:

[quote name='Josie2']We were on Oasis in February and yes, we shared our drink packages. My husband and I both bought the ultimate. My brother did as well. My sister in law doesn't drink alcohol so she did not purchase a package. I don't drink pop/ soda. I gave her my included special glass and she was able to get all the pop she wanted.

We paid over $1000 for two of us for our packages. I think RCCL can pick up the tab for 3-4 pop per day.

I realize most will disagree.[/QUOTE]

And people wonder why gratuities and prices of drinks go up all of a sudden! Since people can't be honest, Royal makes us all pay for others that choose to be dishonest. Soon I'm sure they'll go back to having everyone over 18 buying a package in the room. Only a matter of time. [emoji17]

[quote name='Josie2']We were on Oasis in February and yes, we shared our drink packages. My husband and I both bought the ultimate. My brother did as well. My sister in law doesn't drink alcohol so she did not purchase a package. I don't drink pop/ soda. I gave her my included special glass and she was able to get all the pop she wanted.

We paid over $1000 for two of us for our packages. I think RCCL can pick up the tab for 3-4 pop per day.

I realize most will disagree.[/QUOTE]

WOW! What else did you feel it was perfectly fine to steal? That was theft plain and simple. And who were you stealing from? Everyone else on the ship who end up paying for your practices in the end. Bet you also feel entitled to grab a handful of grapes when you walk through the market because after all you did buy some other groceries

[quote name='Paulxyz2004']Oh, now I see. If I go to an all you can eat buffet and don't eat chicken it's ok to load up on it and take it home for someone else.:rolleyes: Afterall you have paid for it and didn't eat it.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol yea and the restaurant can pick up the tab, but of course I won't tell them to pick up the tab because then they'd know I'm stealing!

[quote name='adele319']The only way they can stop the sharing of the beverage package is to follow Celebrity's policy, both passengers in the booking have to take the package, they do not allow only 1 to have it. Been on several cruises on Celebrity and we both had to take the drink package.[/QUOTE]

That's not the case and, to my knowledge, it never has been. Royal used to insist that everyone in a stateroom had the package but with Celebrity you have always been able to buy the package without anyone else in the stateroom having to purchase it

Being Diamond members we will get the three free drinks..

I might order one and not finish it.. not wanting to waste it will give it to

my son whom isn't a diamond yet.

I can honestly see why people are sharing the packages. For the three of us to do a package for 11 days it will cost over $2000.00

Royal needs to adjust their prices all around.

Reduce the soda packages.. it cost pennies for a cup (don't even use cans) and charge way too much.

If people keep sharing the package and make it known they will do what Carnival does... everyone in the cabin must get a package.

Cathy

Here's NCL's policy:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

I expect by the time we cruise next year, Royal will be following something similar. It just amazes me that some people truly believe stealing is okay under certain circumstances.

I was brought up better than that................. And so were my children!

An easy fix would be to, (1) do away with drink packages all together, and (2), make the prices for drinks on par with the average restaurant or bar you visit on the cruise. Lower drink prices will see profits based on volume.

I will drink 3-4 beers pool side if they are $3 each, however I will go without if said beer is $8 each. They can make $ on volume by offering fair prices. Based on the current packages, i will not get a drink package, to steep for 7 days, however, I will probably not have more than 3-4 beers all cruise if they're $8 each. RC will make more money on me, if the beers are cheaper and I pay as I go.

An easy fix would be to, (1) do away with drink packages all together, and (2), make the prices for drinks on par with the average restaurant or bar you visit on the cruise. Lower drink prices will see profits based on volume.

I will drink 3-4 beers pool side if they are $3 each, however I will go without if said beer is $8 each. They can make $ on volume by offering fair prices. Based on the current packages, i will not get a drink package, to steep for 7 days, however, I will probably not have more than 3-4 beers all cruise if they're $8 each. RC will make more money on me, if the beers are cheaper and I pay as I go.

This makes sense & if the responses here on CC are any indication, Royal may very well re-evaluate their pricing. BUT............. until/unless they do, sharing a package is still stealing.

This makes sense & if the responses here on CC are any indication, Royal may very well re-evaluate their pricing. BUT............. until/unless they do, sharing a package is still stealing.

Too much Catholic guilt for me to share... I sucked at hide and go seek, always thought I was caught. However I do understand the frustration. I can wait to get to port to enjoy cocktails based on RC's current pricing.

Interesting thread. While I do not condone sharing or smuggling booze, I understand why people will start to do both in reaction to Royal's abuse if it's monopoly pricing position vis-a-vis it's on-board customers. It reminds me of how Cable company's used to abuse their power by charging exorbitant fees for adding extra lines for example. There was a whole lot of cable spliters sold in those days.;) And I assume a lot of the buyers of those spliters were honest law abiding citizens in 99% of their lives. ;)

An easier fix would be to abide by their rules or don't cruise with Royal

Just got off navigator. Prices have gone up! If not on drink package a vodka cranberry well drink or rum coke is 8.95 with service charge. Those drinks last June on allure was $6.95. Absolute vodka was 9.95. With that said with 3 days left in the cruise they offered a $99 premium deal. So based on those figures all it would take is 10 drinks to break even. Not sure if this deal is offered on other ships but it was a steal on navigator.

Here's NCL's policy:

Beverage packages must be purchased for all guests staying within the same stateroom, additional stateroom, adjoining stateroom or travel with.

I expect by the time we cruise next year, Royal will be following something similar. It just amazes me that some people truly believe stealing is okay under certain circumstances.

I was brought up better than that................. And so were my children!

They did used to have that rule, but since did away with it. I don't see why they'd bring it back ??

My girlfriend and I are sailing in May. There's no way she drinks as much as me, so the Drinks Package is excellent value for me as I get my full money's worth, but she would only have a few drinks a day so is going to buy ad-hoc.

We don't share the package or try to take advantage of it, we stick to the rules.

If both of us had to buy the package, we wouldn't as she wouldn't want to spend that amount of money for something she wouldn't use, and I would probably end up drinking less, so Royal would be doing themselves out of money either way...

Oh, now I see. If I go to an all you can eat buffet and don't eat chicken it's ok to load up on it and take it home for someone else.:rolleyes: Afterall you have paid for it and didn't eat it.:rolleyes:

I don't believe an all-you-can-eat buffet will let you take uneaten food home. You have to leave it behind.

We were on Oasis in February and yes, we shared our drink packages. My husband and I both bought the ultimate. My brother did as well. My sister in law doesn't drink alcohol so she did not purchase a package. I don't drink pop/ soda. I gave her my included special glass and she was able to get all the pop she wanted.

I realize most will disagree.

Royal didn't pick up the tab for those stole sodas your sister-in-law drank. WE just did by having the package prices increased.

UNDERSTAND IT NOW?

An easier fix would be to abide by their rules or don't cruise with Royal

How is this relevant to what I typed and you quoted? At no point did I support cheating the system...maybe quote the OP if this is the productivity you're going to bring to the thread. Here are some FACTS: (1) drink prices are outrageous, and (2) they can make significant money with a better price point that aids the casual and double fisted drinker.

The new prices, make them money, but it will chase off the casual drinker like myself. I'd rather go without before paying an outrageous amount for a beer. Again, I will wait for the port pricing to enjoy a beer.

How is this relevant to what I typed and you quoted? At no point did I support cheating the system...maybe quote the OP if this is the productivity you're going to bring to the thread. Here are some FACTS: (1) drink prices are outrageous, and (2) they can make significant money with a better price point that aids the casual and double fisted drinker.

The new prices, make them money, but it will chase off the casual drinker like myself. I'd rather go without before paying an outrageous amount for a beer. Again, I will wait for the port pricing to enjoy a beer.

pretty much. Like you said, if it's reasonable, I'll buy 3 or 4, if it's $8? Nope! Not worth it, I'll save my money. Like I said before, It's almost like they don't really want you to drink. Much the same way many states are adding high taxes to cigarettes, you can smoke, but you'll pay dearly.

Soon enough they'll find where the sweet spot is. Remember back in junior high algebra when we had to do the graphs and different equations, and we had to figure out where the 2 lines met, and the intersection of those lines was where the maximum profit could be made? Pretty sure Mr. Ceo has completely ignored the math. But I'm sure it was along time ago and he just forgot. :D

I bring soda on board because they don't have cafeine free diet coke. So I guess you can all shoot me because prices got higher because of me... :(

Cindy

My exact reason for carrying on soda. Sorry, I can't drink caffeine and i don't care for sprite/7 up. I like a couple soda's instead of my usual water. So, yes I will be bringing on some soda.

Can anyone tell me for certain if the ships that have the coke machines, offer caffeine free??? And can I just buy them one at a time, or do I need a package??

As for the drinks, I agree with Boltfish. I also am a 3-4 drink per day person. So the package is out. But I won't pay those prices just on principle. I can afford them, but don't liked to be gouged. So I anticipate my cruise next week to be the lowest tab that I;ve had. Agree, making less per drink on me, would make me actually spend more, and therefore make more for royal.

Yep, they need to go back to algebra class!!!

I wish there was a package for so many drinks in the day - that allowed sharing - say pack for 10 per cabin or per party per day- that would really work for us ;)

This is a great idea to explore. Or perhaps like 50 drinks for the week per cabin. Or they could even do it per person. Packages of 10, 25, 50 for example. Loaded on your card. They could still offer unlimited packages for those who prefer.