Sharing drink package

link99

I am really on the fence about this. Do I think stealing is right? Absolutely NOT! But I also think RCI is stealing from it's passengers. Think about how much they are making on one bottle of booze.

I normally don't drink a whole lot. I was really conflicted on whether I should buy the drink package. My next cruise is in October with my whole family. I figured I might drink more then normal so I went ahead and bought the package. For someone like me, RCI will probably make a lot of money. I was afraid my bar bill would be pretty high if I didn't buy the package. Since I can't see into the future and I don't know if I'm going to feel like drinking on any given day is why I was conflicted. $10 to $12 a drink is ridiculous. It's total robbery.

Again, I don't condone sharing a package. But I also don't think RCI is being fair to their passengers. It’s all about money.

Are you suggesting those that do not believe in an imaginary God have no morals or ethics? You might rethink that or at least research it before making such a claim.
Perhaps you weren't open to the gift of faith, but -- even so -- it is rude by any standards to belittle other people's religious beliefs.

... . $10 to $12 a drink is ridiculous. It's total robbery.

Again, I don't condone sharing a package. But I also don't think RCI is being fair to their passengers. It’s all about money.

Of course that price is ridiculous, and of course it's all about the money.

But I think their bottom-line reason is to push people towards buying the drink package; that is, by raising the price of individual drinks, they're making the drink package a more attractive option.

It's up to us each to decide whether we want to play along and buy the package, or whether we want to spend our vacation dollar elsewhere. But two wrongs have never made a right, and you can't justify stealing just because they've raised prices.

I am really on the fence about this. Do I think stealing is right? Absolutely NOT! But I also think RCI is stealing from it's passengers. Think about how much they are making on one bottle of booze.

I normally don't drink a whole lot. I was really conflicted on whether I should buy the drink package. My next cruise is in October with my whole family. I figured I might drink more then normal so I went ahead and bought the package. For someone like me, RCI will probably make a lot of money. I was afraid my bar bill would be pretty high if I didn't buy the package. Since I can't see into the future and I don't know if I'm going to feel like drinking on any given day is why I was conflicted. $10 to $12 a drink is ridiculous. It's total robbery.

RCL sets the price and you decide if you're going to buy. That doesn't qualify as stealing...........................

Originally Posted by kpgibbs viewpost.gif

And I think Bentley charge way to much for their cars so rather than buying herself one I'll just buy one and take her one too.

Perhaps you weren't open to the gift of faith, but -- even so -- it is rude by any standards to belittle other people's religious beliefs.

I was using their words MrsPete. I would never belittle anyone's faith. Sorry if it came across that way.

What is this 3 drinks per evening? Are you saying that's all you are allowed in the "D" lounge?

It has nothing to do with how many drinks you can have in the D Lounge. All D, D+, & P's have 3 drinks per night added to their SeaPass. They can have the same drinks available to them in the D Lounge in any lounge on the ship during the hours drinks are served in the D Lounge. The idea, I believe, is to decrease the overcrowding & allow those who qualify to enjoy that benefit wherever they choose &/or with companions that may not have the same C & A status.

It has nothing to do with how many drinks you can have in the D Lounge. All D, D+, & P's have 3 drinks per night added to their SeaPass. They can have the same drinks available to them in the D Lounge in any lounge on the ship during the hours drinks are served in the D Lounge. The idea, I believe, is to decrease the overcrowding & allow those who qualify to enjoy that benefit wherever they choose &/or with companions that may not have the same C & A status.

So, in addition to the beer, wine and 25% off mixed drinks in the D lounge (between 5 and 8 I believe), all D, D+, and P members have three freebies coming? Can these three drinks per, only be used during the "Diamond" event times or at any time of the day?

I totally agree with this. Especially paying 18% for someone to open a beer and pass it to me. Or pour me a glass of wine. Now when I have a sangria there is a lot of mixing etc. and tip a bit more but to pay a server $2.16 to pour me a glass of wine? :eek: I should add that I will not be sharing a package but I won't be buying one either.

Edited by BonnieSte

So, in addition to the beer, wine and 25% off mixed drinks in the D lounge (between 5 and 8 I believe), all D, D+, and P members have three freebies coming? Can these three drinks per, only be used during the "Diamond" event times or at any time of the day?

Only during the lounge hours at night.

The three drinks loaded on the card can be used at any bar (not in the dining room) during the hours of the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour - usually between 5:30 to 8:30 - varies a bit on each ship. These are in addition to as many free drinks as you wish in the diamond lounge.

Incidentally, selected beer and wine and mixed drinks (basic mixed drinks) are available at no charge during the cocktail hour in the Diamond Lounge. The 25% off applies to a Diamond Event on a ship with no designated Diamond Lounge.

The 25% discount is @ the Diamond Event which is only on ships that don't have a dedicated Diamond Lounge. The "freebies" can onlybe used during the same hours drinks are being served in the Diamond Lounge & they don't accrue. If you don't used them, you lose them.

The three drinks loaded on the card can be used at any bar (not in the dining room) during the hours of the Diamond Lounge cocktail hour - usually between 5:30 to 8:30 - varies a bit on each ship. These are in addition to as many free drinks as you wish in the diamond lounge.

Incidentally, selected beer and wine and mixed drinks (basic mixed drinks) are available at no charge during the cocktail hour in the Diamond Lounge. The 25% off applies to a Diamond Event on a ship with no designated Diamond Lounge.

Got it. Thanks. Does the Liberty of the Seas have a Diamond Lounge? Is it only open those hours? I hear about complimentary Coffees, teas, and light snacks. Is that the Diamond lounge or the concierge lounge?

Got it. Thanks. Does the Liberty of the Seas have a Diamond Lounge? Is it only open those hours? I hear about complimentary Coffees, teas, and light snacks. Is that the Diamond lounge or the concierge lounge?

Yes, Liberty has a DL. Any guest at Diamond level or above would have 24 hour access via their room key. Complimentary specialty coffee is available 24 hours. The cocktail hour is usually from 5pm to 8:30pm and offers free soda, house wine/champagne, selected beers, basic mixed drinks, and hot/cold snacks. Same things as the CL.

Sometimes, if there are a very large number of Diamond members on a cruise, they will open up another area in the evenings for cocktails and hor d'oeuvres . They will let you know about that onboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really??? What do you think restaurants up charge??? RCCL is not stealing anything, you can choose not to purchase. They also allow you to bring 2 bottles of wine on with no charge or corkage fee.

Really??? What do you think restaurants up charge??? RCCL is not stealing anything, you can choose not to purchase. They also allow you to bring 2 bottles of wine on with no charge or corkage fee.

Exactly. Last time I checked, RCI was not a 501©(3) corporation. They are in it to make a profit. If they keep the basic cost of the cruise down, that profit has to come from somewhere else. It's called running a business.

So Got on the Legend and Looked at our Options. We had $150 OBC from Royal and we were given $100 as a gift so we applied it to the package along with Royals $150 OBC witch made are cost 28 Dollars a day for the Package. So we Purchased two Beer and Wine, because that was a good price point for us.

We also made Sure to Hit the Diamond Lounge each night and get at least two free from there every night. Even more value. but in the long run we are still being way over charged.

Beer and Wine Package

$35 x 18% = 41.30 Per Day

$41.30 X 10 = 413 x 2 People $826

$826 - 150 OBC = 676.00

$676 - $100 Gift = 576.00

$57.60 Dollars Per Day for Two People or

28.80 dollars A day per Package

CURRENT COST ON SHIP

1 Beer 16oz = $6.00 + 18% = $7.08

1 Wine Glass= 8.00 + 18% = $9.44

So our break even point was only 4 Beers a day

Considering that here in Florida at Publix every other week with there in store sales you can buy a 15 pack of 16oz Miller Light for 13.99 + 7% tax = 14.97 or .99 Cents per beer. NEED I SAY MORE We are Being Ripped OFF BIG TIME.

So Got on the Legend and Looked at our Options. We had $150 OBC from Royal and we were given $100 as a gift so we applied it to the package along with Royals $150 OBC witch made are cost 28 Dollars a day for the Package. So we Purchased two Beer and Wine, because that was a good price point for us.

We also made Sure to Hit the Diamond Lounge each night and get at least two free from there every night. Even more value. but in the long run we are still being way over charged.

Beer and Wine Package

$826 - 150 OBC = 676.00

CURRENT COST ON SHIP

Considering that here in Florida at Publix every other week with there in store sales you can buy a 15 pack of 16oz Miller Light for 13.99 + 7% tax = 14.97 or .99 Cents per beer. NEED I SAY MORE We are Being Ripped OFF BIG TIME.

As well as going to the Diamond Lounge you also had three drinks each loaded to your Sea Pass Card during DL cocktail hour.

Sorry, don't think it makes much sense to compare what Publix charges for beer - I am sure your local restaurants and bars are also making a profit. Last time I was in FL I paid at least $8 for a drink in a bar/restaurant. You might as well compare what Publix charges for groceries in general compared to what you pay on board, or in any restaurant to eat.

Beer and Wine Package

$826 - 150 OBC = 676.00

CURRENT COST ON SHIP

Your analogy is idiotic at best. When was the last time you ordered a beer at a bar or restaurant and told them you could have gotten it at Publix for a dollar so they were robbing you? What did they say after picking themselves off the floor in hysterics?